Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what does it do to me??

oceansushi

Okay what does :

Alcohol daily in the form of -- any actually , if I drink steadily , being a total of say, eight shots in two hours all day long-- does it make me gain weight? does it make me an alcoholic if I am not using it to get drunk but rather dull my otherwise overreactive personality-- does it ruin my health if I am otherwise healthy??

I would like to know from actual people rather than "posted stats" what they have experienced -- and then what they did or want to change, if anything --

see just the justification I needed for the drinking part, but seem to be gaining weight , or at least not losing when I should...but not eating anymore, actually heatlhier and better than I ever have...16 shots -- per hour holy cow-- you are taking strides toward the liver-die right? or at least that's what I am told......just looking for justification I guess....

Vodka or wine, or --well....what I don't understand about everyone freaking because three drinks a day will make you an alcoholic, yet I do it just cuz I like it -- and it's legal vs. a lot of other things that I used to do , k well not a LOT but at least one or two and I can't do those and stay on the job and stay in the family.....

see just the justification I needed for the drinking part, but seem to be gaining weight , or at least not losing when I should...but not eating anymore, actually heatlhier and better than I ever have...16 shots -- per hour holy cow-- you are taking strides toward the liver-die right? or at least that's what I am told......just looking for justification I guess....

how old are you? you probably have about 30 years before you can even do any minor damage on your liver.

An average shot of vodka is about 150 calories, so yes you will gain weight, esp as you get older. Try not drinking for 4 weeks and you'll see what I mean... Anyone who thinks booze will not make you gain weight is grossly misinformed. Over many years binge drinking can cause osteoporosis and has been linked to breast cancer... beer is around 100 calories per glass, and wine is 80 I think..

long term effects

Whether you do or don't consider yourself an alcoholic, drinking more than 2 -3 drinks a day is a bit much dontcha think? I LOOOOVE to drink, and LOOOVE to drink a lot at a time, like this past weekend. I just don't do it too often, cuz I'm not a 2-drinks-and-I'm-done-kinda-gal. Moderation is a minute-to-mintue challenge for me, so I just stay away from it as much as possible (very hard to do but I think I have a handle on it).

An average shot of vodka is about 150 calories, so yes you will gain weight, esp as you get older. Try not drinking for 4 weeks and you'll see what I mean... Anyone who thinks booze will not make you gain weight is grossly misinformed. Over many years binge drinking can cause osteoporosis and has been linked to breast cancer... beer is around 100 calories per glass, and wine is 80 I think..

long term effects

Whether you do or don't consider yourself an alcoholic, drinking more than 2 -3 drinks a day is a bit much dontcha think? I LOOOOVE to drink, and LOOOVE to drink a lot at a time, like this past weekend. I just don't do it too often, cuz I'm not a 2-drinks-and-I'm-done-kinda-gal. Moderation is a minute-to-mintue challenge for me, so I just stay away from it as much as possible (very hard to do but I think I have a handle on it).

~lush~ :tongue: