Clubplanet Nightlife Community

thanksgiving reports from cpla!

weyes

the wisdom was absent over thanksgiving break 'cause i was too busy eating pie and going on a fabulous mini-vacation with my roomie. i avoided the turkey - all there was was white meat and i don't really like turkey that much to begin with - but i had mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc., and i liked yams for the first time. they were mushed to death, though, and cinnamoned and brown sugared, so they weren't like the real vegetable. i don't think i'd like the vegetable if it were sitting on my plate, plain.

on saturday the roomie and a friend and i went to a bad rave downtown, but we stayed at the bonaventure and had yummy room service; my roomie is fantastic and it was so much fun sitting in a hotel bed, watching tv, feeling swank.

a wonderful weekend :aright: . what about you guys? let's hear it, kids!

Swank is definitely good Weyes :) I hosted a party @ A.D. on wednesday that the club was clearly not prepared for. Not enough bartenders, no waitresses and they only let us slide in 600 people inside. Great turnout though. Last time I throw an event there. Well at least till it gets a revamp. Thanksgiving was a day of serious eating and snoozzing if ya feel me. Food was super and chilled with the family. Friday was a night off instead of hosting Nacional. zzzzzzzzz :hat: Saturday saw the Black Eyes Peas @ Key Club, and I must admit I love that venue. West Hollywood has some super spots. Key Club is surely one of them in my eyes. Sunday I watched the new Willie Wonka movie and was so depressed that they screwed up a classic. Hey, they tried I guess. I think I accomplished alot! :pint:

my thanksgiving weekend was good for the most part. i got back from ny at about 1am on tues night/wed morning so i was still tired when i got out of work on wed. thurs i picked up my girlfriend and headed to my mom's. great food! she always does it right. then we went to visit my girl's family in san diego. we chilled there until sat afternoon, then came back. she and i are both stressing over work stuff right now, unfortunately that ended up weighing heavily on our minds and kind of bumming us out for the rest of the weekend. oh and my car got towed on sunday because of the stupid hollywood parade! they barely put up any signs! ended up costing me $177 and i still have to pay a stupid $65 dollar ticket! i'm convinced they only put on this event because it ends up being a money maker through tickets and tow fees. argh!

the wisdom was absent over thanksgiving break 'cause i was too busy eating pie and going on a fabulous mini-vacation with my roomie. i avoided the turkey - all there was was white meat and i don't really like turkey that much to begin with - but i had mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc., and i liked yams for the first time. they were mushed to death, though, and cinnamoned and brown sugared, so they weren't like the real vegetable. i don't think i'd like the vegetable if it were sitting on my plate, plain.

on saturday the roomie and a friend and i went to a bad rave downtown, but we stayed at the bonaventure and had yummy room service; my roomie is fantastic and it was so much fun sitting in a hotel bed, watching tv, feeling swank.

a wonderful weekend :aright: . what about you guys? let's hear it, kids!

Happy Thanksgiving Weyes & everyone on the thread :rock:

Wed - Work n worked. Evening - Kept it chill, local bars, wasnt in the mood for a 3,000 person party ... until the weekend lol.

Thurs - Staff wanted to work lol - Im like Okay lol. Even ended up working til like 4 pm. Threw the T-Giving dish in my mouth ... and then back to work again lol. Random call from a buddy for a double date with two dancers flying in. Hit up a local bar and, needless to say, my bartender ended up pouring each drink almost as a triple (insert dizzy smilie here lol) They called it an early night at about 1, I kicked it longer. Total dancing time - about 3-4 hours.

Frid - work again. Dead dead dead lol. Wanted to hit up this party, but so dead, didnt.

Sat - worked again. Was planning on doing Avalon all week. Suddenly by about 5 pm you would think the clouds opened or something. Calls. Calls. Calls lol. (Sometimes you think its the 30 day rule. Friends start to get edgey if they havent kicked it with you in 30 days. Some of the tone in their vocies was funny lol. Even people talking plans for a 50 head bday party in January - im like please, this is November lol). Suddenly, it was big ass possee of peeps and friends of peeps and out of towners and etc doing Avalon and me explaining to them who Porter is and INSTRUCTING them to get the free cd of porter and wilkie when they got in. Was gonna do a separate club review post on Avalon but might as well do it here.

First of all - what the hell was that Smirnoff promotion lol. My friend that works for the Sat team was going on and on about it. It was hilarious. From about 10:00 to about 10:20 lol they had a promotion lol of "tasting", and then they gave you a $1 drink off coupon. Before you blink you eyes, the table, the smirnoffeegirls, and everything was gone hahaha.

Inside - porter and wilkie amazing. I really liked Wilkie. Still listening to both their cds. Our group was the first on the dancefloor. But then ...... I wanted to say, where is Cojo? lol You think wearing sunglasses inside (in 2005) is affected? Try guys cowboy hats (bad cowboy hats lol, folks this aint Rehab at the Hard Rock lol) everywhere, guys in FIR hats, guys in Fir hats with matching fir cutoff shirts. guys in white hats with white jackets and white pants and white tanktops and white tennis shoes AND sunglasses, girls with huge racoon eyes everywhere. Oh, and when did they make chains for guys that reach your navel? lol omg Little to fake a crowd to say the least

Ended up running into about 4 girls I knew (gotta lotta of the "where the hell have you been" haha ..) ... they stayed to 9 am. Buddies kicked it at 1. I wanted to hitup that restaurant in the club but no one was down to eat.

Left about 2:30 ... walked out the door and suddenly stopped and saw, maybe, close to 300 people SURROUNDING the ropes from three angles (AHP's 6 year anniversary was that night). Never ever saw that many people as a sea of people pushing and screaming to get in.

It was great to run into a couple of big persons in the scene known for many years but never met... really good vibes.

Hit up afterhours.

Total dancing - over 5 hours.

Edittttt - forgot. Then Sunday - hahaha. Work again lol and then at like 7 pm got a random call to hitup this jazzspot. Hit that up. So guess that makes it Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sunday. After the Beverly Hills mansion party on Hillcrest (with the REALLY open bar from the previous Saturday I promised to take it easy this week) ... o well lol.

l a late- you were surprised to see phoniness at avalon :jawdrop: ???????????????????

does anyone still not understand how much i hate that all of my favorite djs (minus the scumfrog) have gone to frikkin' avalon :confused: ?

even if my djs don't go back to spundae, they could at least return to the mayan. this is getting too sad: me sitting at home while the djs i love are wasting their talents in front of a crowd that doesn't really give two shits or know what it is to which they're being treated. i am fed up :mad2: .