Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wtf happen at platinum tonight

just got back from platinum, cops everywhere........i over heard the bouncer say that 15 kids got arrested for underage drinking........i got askd for my license 3 times wen i had a drink in my hand......damm, we had to show id or we couldn't leave, 21 and under weren't allowed to take there id inside........mad house on the way out.......undercovers everywhere, dammm shit looked like it was planed or something

stoped the music at 1:45 and basically told everyone to get out

anyone kno anything else?

that was my thrusday spot, but not anymore........gotta find somewhere else to go

U mean Platinum in New Brunswick?

I was there last night.... a couple underage kids asked me to buy them drinks, so i did. Whats the big deal?

Whats the big deal buying underage kids drinks. Think about it.

1. Aganist the law

2. You would be just as guilty as those kids.

Ok, #1 its platinums fault for letting them in

#2 - It is rude and impolite not to buy a girl a drink. The chick asked, so i did it for her.

Geez, get off your high horse officer.

you mean people under the age of 18 in the club, then yes The staff is should be busted for not checking id's properly. And of course of the bartenders would be in the wrong also for not checking. I guess you got a point.

U mean Platinum in New Brunswick?

I was there last night.... a couple underage kids asked me to buy them drinks, so i did. Whats the big deal?

yeah you wont be singing that tune when an underage friend or relative dies in a drunk driving accident you FUCKING LOSER.

we have laws in this country for a REASON.

people like you and xr8ted make me sick.

yeah you wont be singing that tune when an underage friend or relative dies in a drunk driving accident you FUCKING LOSER.

we have laws in this country for a REASON.

people like you and xr8ted make me sick.

Look son, this isnt NYC,

NJ was built on this. How do you think Georgie became so popular. Why do you think Deko and XL Lounge became so big? Because they served to underagers.

It gives you a good rep.

I got caught up in all the mishap last night.

I don't know too many bars in New Brunswick that offer 18 and over, I am pretty sure when Platinum first opened, it was 21 and over only. But, I know many clubs have 18 and over or at least 18 for women.

Platnium is closed for 60 days

sux cuz i know they always have a good NYE party

Fire code burns nightclub

Home News Tribune Online 12/3/05

By LONNIE MACK

STAFF WRITER

hntmetro@thnt.com

MIDDLESEX COUNTY — Club Platinum, a popular New Brunswick nightclub, was shut by city officials yesterday morning for fire-code violations following an undercover investigation that resulted in two arrests.

During the two-month investigation initiated by the Middlesex County Narcotics Task Force, undercover officers infiltrated the 13 Paterson Street club, observed several alcohol-related violations and made undercover street-level drug purchases of oxycontin, percocet and marijuana from patrons at the bar, according to Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan.

City fire-code officials calculated that in excess of 640 persons were at the club. The club has a maximum occupancy of 499, according to fire officials.

Deputy Chief Joseph W. Krisza of the Prosecutor's Office said the club, owned by Peter Gassaro of Monroe, has been shut down for 60 days because of the fire-code violations.

Gassaro was not available for comment last night.

Investigators from the county Narcotic Task Force, the state Alcohol Beverage Control, the state Division of Criminal Justice and city Police Department went to the club during the early-morning hours yesterday and cited a total of 17 persons for underage drinking or for providing liquor to minors.

Robert Turreri, 19, of Piscataway, a patron at the club was arrested and charged with distribution of oxycontin and percocet to an undercover officer.

Krisza said Rashad Faiek Zeineh, of Manville, another patron, was charged with aggravated assault on a police officer when he engaged in a shoving match when the officer approached him and questioned him about serving liquor to minors.

Zeineh and Tucceri's cases will be presented to a Middlesex County grand jury, Krisza said. The underage drinking issues he said will be dealt with in New Brunswick Municipal Court.

Kaplan said the Division of Alcohol Beverage Control is reviewing the case for possible administrative charges against the club's liquor license.

He said charges could result in suspension or revocation of the license.

Kaplan said the investigation is continuing and that additional arrests are anticipated.

Persons calling Club Platinum late yesterday afternoon were still getting tape recorded messages providing information about reservations and directions to the club but no persons were answering the phone.

Kaplan said the task force initiated the investigation after receiving numerous citizen complaints about underage drinking, drug distribution, and lewd and unruly behavior.