Clubplanet Nightlife Community

David Morales Reviews???

i went by myself.was soo crowded.good thing i had that vip pass thing and got in for free there was noway i was waiting on that line.David threw down some hard tracks,but it was hard to find a place to dance.i had a good time chillin though some really nice looking people.the str8 boys can be alot of fun to chill with accept when they let there testosterone get the best of them,which is what happened with these 2 dudes we were chillin than they just started arguing over i dont even know.there bitches were able to break em up though.the bamboo room was fun!!!good place to go and chill though i think they could turn it down just a tad in there lol.it was fun though lets say it was an experiance lol.im recovering as i type with a cup of hot detox tea.i went to the danceathon first soo it was a long night for me.big props to the fun no attitude no shade just wanna have fun and dance and joke around people.theres one thing i gotta ask about though.i noticed a couple times when i was sitting upstairs these good looking dudes with these hot chicks kept look at me, one in piticular,not in a fucked up way but like curious they even made it a point to come over and dance near me which i thought was really cute.is this str8 peoples way of saying its cool dont worry? cuz i must say it was very comforting.

one in piticular,not in a fucked up way but like curious they even made it a point to come over and dance near me which i thought was really cute.is this str8 peoples way of saying its cool dont worry? cuz i must say it was very comforting.

Interesting!! you know i must tell you the truth my girlfriends best friend who is a guy is gay. At first me being a manly man LOL was uncomfortable.... but as time has passed i actually love when he comes out with my girlfriend and i.... he is a great guy and LOL got me through my gay phobia i admit i had.... he always jokes with me and hits on me as a joke but its all good because i take it as a compliment.... so i am glad you had that type of good experience.... because we do all bleed red.... and it is a shame of some of the prejudices out there.... anyway glad you had a good time!!

I was there from around 2:30 til 8:. did he go even later? seemed like he was wrapping up around 8:.

Im a big fan of morales. love his radio show, love his productions for almost 2 decades i guess.

Love the sound he plays.

it was a good set, like his last crobar a good set. but also not mind blowing like some djs can just knock your socks off. I love the straight up NYC house that is morales' roots. when he plays that type of track im in heaven. he also plays some big room, techy banging type stuff, some are tasty, some are kind of cold. as much as the music that is in morales heart & soul is my music, ny funky house, I would say his programming is not as sharp or directorial as some other top djs. I always get the feeling he just kind of chooses which track he'd like to hear at that moment, he doesnt really tell 'a story' like some djs. now there are some killer tracks:

'you should have said I love you'

'how would you feel' cool mashed up mix

madonna's 'hung up' twice, the song of the night for me

'let the music play' that new disco/latin version is the bomb

sinclar's 'love generation'

and an instrumental funky house/progg banger that I wish I knew the name of, he plays it on the radio show, its a funky bassline number...

also since I got there 2:30/3: it was snowing & there was no line.

I think peep show started at 1: am this week? so he played a nice 5-6 hour set at least.

the vibe was good, morales gets the devoted nyc house following.

it was a decent looking crowd, def not the worst guidos that crobar gets for dt or morillo; but also not that many hotties like u see when cox or victor play.

the energy was there, i didnt think it was that crowded from 3-8.

it was a good set but it just wasnt at the sky high level of the best house sets Ive heard this year:

derrick carter at spirit.

choo choo at canal room

dt's birthday at crobar

carl cox w/vic at crobar

lawlers first spirit set

juniors bedtime stories at roxy

oakey's trance-giving at crobar

and 1 or 2 morillos at crobar

those were all four stars +

morales last night.......not sure maybe ***1/2?

I have to put things together again & I'll figure out exactly what happened.

Hmm I say 5 out 5. Ok morales wasn't playing only masterful tracks like patterson or DT. I understand that. But just watch how he was working the tracks and dropping vocals over tracks and using filters. The man is simply insane! I heard him many times this year and I did not enjoy him. Last night I enjoyed him more than DT and Sanchez my faves. Yes I understand the backlash against "guidos". Whatever. The truth is you go and you dance your ass off. I'll take yesterdays great vibe and masterful skills over someone simply playing masterful great tracks. It's not just how great your music is its what you do with it. And this man simply can work music. I had a blast and I can't wait to hear him again!

there were soem guidos as usual for a crobar saturday but it wasnt out of hand staten island parade like cox/victor or dt's crobars. it was a more music-oriented and good vibey crowd last night. morales def gets the house fans out, its a cultured ny house sound fan base. I agree hes been on point in recent crobar sets, he is def paying attention & psyched like i have not seen him in nyc for several years at least. his records are aces, the man is a living house library. no complaints about his technique, samples, etc, [altho hes not as technically skilled imo as dt or s-man or cox, hes all about the music, not effects etc] but i still find his programming to be haphazard, it sounds to me like he has his big records ready like how would you feel, hung up & love generation, love to love you, but otherwise hes just slapping his various jams on the tables, IO dont see/hear a planned out progression like dt def gives you or even oakenfold who played the most amazing trance/progressive set n thanksgiving, i cannot tell you how emotional oakey's selection was last thursday, his programming is outstanding!!

morales has awesome records, he is pro and a half but it always sounds randomly programmed to me, thats how I hear him. but im a huge fan, for sure.

and madonnas hung up twice kicked major ass last night

Hmm I say 5 out 5. Ok morales wasn't playing only masterful tracks like patterson or DT. I understand that. But just watch how he was working the tracks and dropping vocals over tracks and using filters. The man is simply insane! I heard him many times this year and I did not enjoy him. Last night I enjoyed him more than DT and Sanchez my faves. Yes I understand the backlash against "guidos". Whatever. The truth is you go and you dance your ass off. I'll take yesterdays great vibe and masterful skills over someone simply playing masterful great tracks. It's not just how great your music is its what you do with it. And this man simply can work music. I had a blast and I can't wait to hear him again!

i went by myself.was soo crowded.good thing i had that vip pass thing and got in for free there was noway i was waiting on that line.David threw down some hard tracks,but it was hard to find a place to dance.i had a good time chillin though some really nice looking people.the str8 boys can be alot of fun to chill with accept when they let there testosterone get the best of them,which is what happened with these 2 dudes we were chillin than they just started arguing over i dont even know.there bitches were able to break em up though.the bamboo room was fun!!!good place to go and chill though i think they could turn it down just a tad in there lol.it was fun though lets say it was an experiance lol.im recovering as i type with a cup of hot detox tea.i went to the danceathon first soo it was a long night for me.big props to the fun no attitude no shade just wanna have fun and dance and joke around people.theres one thing i gotta ask about though.i noticed a couple times when i was sitting upstairs these good looking dudes with these hot chicks kept look at me, one in piticular,not in a fucked up way but like curious they even made it a point to come over and dance near me which i thought was really cute.is this str8 peoples way of saying its cool dont worry? cuz i must say it was very comforting.

i was by myself and was kinda overwhelmed they made me feel more comfortable it was really cool of them.we need more open minded people in this world like that.after all we all are brothers and sisters:)

great idea. I am politely going to have to disagree. Hip Hop, wtf

my opinion was a lil' short sighted because i forgot to consider how violant hip-hop has become NOT that it never procured a knucklehead attitude in the clubs in the past.. but it's just out of control these days. now more than ever it's blatantly about being "gangsta" way back when hip-hop was a bit party oriented and it still created a turbulent enviroment.

what i am saying is djs need to consider playing other genres in the same night as mainly house nights. i think it will only educate the crowds, people will appreciate the dance stuff more when it does come on and it'll make things a bit more "fun"

remeber, most peeps are running around nervous not knowing where house is going and things do run in cycles so why look to what was good in the past & tweek it and make it current.

very important though:::::: THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE IN ONE DJ DOING THIS AND HAVING DIFFERENT DJS PLAY THEIR "SPECIALIZED" GENRE.

We need to get back to having 1 or 2 DJS in a night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imo morales is just fine playing exactly what he plays.

every crobar dj is cool doing what they do.

same with every pacha dj & a few at spirit.

dt played the techy version of drop it like its hot.

some djs do play hip hop, reggae, other styles along with house hits, thats cool if they like that.

crobars big room djs know what theyre doing & maybe theyll play 1 hiphop remix, morales played a great version of missy's under control with an R&B mashup, it was awesome.

all of crobar & pachas djs do it right, they are dance djs & its house or tech house.