Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2006 World Cup draw

iamme

ahaha, the US is fuuuuuuuuuuucked. really hard group.

so who are your favourites - popular team and underdogs?

popular - Italy

underdog - Costa Rica and Ghana

cant fuckin wait :bounce:

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=107391&idSez=136

Ivory Coast is going to create some damage. Ghana is good too w/ Essien, Appiah and Muntari.

But I have a feeling the Germans are going to take this one, as they will be motivated playing the WC at home.

But I have a feeling the Germans are going to take this one, as they will be motivated playing the WC at home.

that and did you see what parties we play?? you could bribe the whole team with a hifi-system, that´s how poor they are!

Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador

LOL!!

Guest gabo

idk if italy has the talent this year... I hope so!

The USA won't stand a chance till soccer becomes as popular as baseball or football... That way they can spend more money on players and coaches and training, etc.

that and did you see what parties we play?? you could bribe the whole team with a hifi-system, that´s how poor they are!

Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador

LOL!!

Well it doesn't help that your two starting strikers are Polish - Poldoski and Klose. Frier is Polish as well. Fuck, Asmoah and Kurayni aren't Deutsche as well - maybe actual German players should play for Germany?

idk if italy has the talent this year... I hope so!

The USA won't stand a chance till soccer becomes as popular as baseball or football... That way they can spend more money on players and coaches and training, etc.

they've always had the talent, its just a question if they actually go out and perform to the level that they are capable of. individually they have a very good squad from the top down, but they havent been able to click as a team on a consistent basis.

No they won't. They have only one striker playing well - Crespo.

what about messi?

i think the question with argentina is that some of their players are past their prime (crespo, veron, ayala) while others are very young and inexperienced or unproven at the WC level (riquelme, messi, saviola). and of course they will be pressured to fuck it up like they did in 2002.

btw, the way things are lined up for the second round we could see a germany - england and a brazil - italy/czech republic match in the second round. :eek:

Well it doesn't help that your two starting strikers are Polish - Poldoski and Klose. Frier is Polish as well. Fuck, Asmoah and Kurayni aren't Deutsche as well - maybe actual German players should play for Germany?

:laugh: :laugh:

you´re absolutley right!

i don´t watch soccer anyway.

i was just taking the opportunity to rip on poor people :)

what about messi?

i think the question with argentina is that some of their players are past their prime (crespo, veron, ayala) while others are very young and inexperienced or unproven at the WC level (riquelme, messi, saviola). and of course they will be pressured to fuck it up like they did in 2002.

btw, the way things are lined up for the second round we could see a germany - england and a brazil - italy/czech republic match in the second round. :eek:

Messi is too young. Plus he's number 4 in the pecking order at Barca w/ Eto'o, Larsson and Ronaldinho all ahead of him.

I agree with you on Argentina.

how about teves??? even aimar. i mean not only a striker can score goals when u have guys like aimar riquelme and saviola

The problem with Argentina is that they have only one strong striker - penalty box poacher. Crespo gets physical and wins headers. Argentina's other strikers are all lightweights who rely on their speed, but can be easily pushed off the ball. Tevez, Aimar, Saviola and Messi are too small to lead a front-line. They could recall Julio Ricardo Cruz from Inter or Maxi Lopez from Barca, but both players are way out of form.

The problem with Argentina is that they have only one strong striker - penalty box poacher. Crespo gets physical and wins headers. Argentina's other strikers are all lightweights who rely on their speed, but can be easily pushed off the ball. Tevez, Aimar, Saviola and Messi are too small to lead a front-line. They could recall Julio Ricardo Cruz from Inter or Maxi Lopez from Barca, but both players are way out of form.

sorry but i dont recall maradona or even pele being physical yet they score often and are recognize as the best players ever. well i guess we will have to wait and see is going to be a very interesting world cup; socer is changing and there are no weak teams

sorry but i dont recall maradona or even pele being physical yet they score often and are recognize as the best players ever. well i guess we will have to wait and see is going to be a very interesting world cup; socer is changing and there are no weak teams

Yeah but who did Maradona play with? Canniga and Batistuta who were both very fucking physical, so he was able to have more of a free role.

Yeah but who did Maradona play with? Canniga and Batistuta who were both very fucking physical, so he was able to have more of a free role.

as i said i guess we will have to wait and see. argentina seems to be more organized and has a terrific team