Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CupCake eating Competitions.. I'd like to enter one

deeelite1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word if i ate that many cookies or had that much of a sugar intake i think i wouldnt be able to sleep for 2 days

I'm not just talking about the hyperactivity though. I have Type 2 diabetes and God knows what that much sugar would do to me. Fast food has lots of sugar too, in the carbohydrates in the breads and breading, and I cheat on my diet too often with fast food because it's too convienant (stupid excuse), but the cookies would do me in for sure.

Contradiction interjection: The several cookies and cheesecake I ate at my cousin's house on Christmas Day were pretty bad for me, but fuck it, you only live once.

You're worried over cholesterol, but your sugar overloads there would do me in right quick.
word if i ate that many cookies or had that much of a sugar intake i think i wouldnt be able to sleep for 2 days

yeah yeah yeah

welcome to the story of my life

you just get used to :spin2: around all day...everyday...:updown:

ugh...that sucks

do you have to prick yourself everyday?

No, that would be Type 1. Mine is really more like borderline diabetes, which is the term the doctor used. I can control it through my diet, as long as I eat right, my blood sugar would stay in control. But the more carbs I take in, the higher it goes. But even though I don't control it like I should, I have the ability to control it.

Our normal blood sugar level is between 70 and 120 (adults, male and female). As long as I am eating right for a stable period, with no excessive carbs, or no carbs, my blood sugar would sit at a nice 94. But then I suck in a Whopper and fries, or a couple of slices of pizza, and my blood sugar shoots up to 140, 160, or so...sometime 180 if I've been a really bad boy. But then, by the end of the day, as long as I eat healthy afterwards, it drops down to 110, then eventually 94 again.

Although I don't have to prick myself with insulin, if that's what you were asking, I do have to prick myself to check my blood sugar. I used to do it everyday and keep track of my levels, but I have to admit that I haven't done it in a long time.

Although I don't have to prick myself with insulin, if that's what you were asking, I do have to prick myself to check my blood sugar. I used to do it everyday and keep track of my levels, but I have to admit that I haven't done it in a long time.

thats what I meant...prick yourself to check your blood. You should try and do it every other day if you're not going to do it everyday.

I hate needles sooo much...I nearly faint when I get my blood taken.

thats what I meant...prick yourself to check your blood. You should try and do it every other day if you're not going to do it everyday.

I hate needles sooo much...I nearly faint when I get my blood taken.

I'm sorry to hear that, that you have trouble with needles. When I was in the hospital (the Dec. 23rd incident), my left leg blew up from massive blood clots, to about twice it's normal width. They almost amputated it because of the blood clots, but they put me on blood thinner to get rid of the clots without cutting the leg off.

For that reason, and because they were checking my med levels in my blood for the new epilepsy meds they had to give me, I had to have blood tests done every single day. I was in the hospital for 2 and a half months, and then after that I had to get blood drawn every week for the next year, and then every month, and then every few months, ect. So I have had gazillionz of needles stuck in me and gallons and gallons of blood drawn. So I had no choice but to get used to it.

But, I hate getting it taken from the spot in the bend of the arm. I make them take it from the vein in the top of my hand, because I barely feel it there. I just tell every new nurse to give me a butterfly needle and take it from my hand, and it doesn't even bother me. Maybe you should try that.

oooohhhh nnnooo

the hand is the worst...and in the wrist. I can't even think about that right now...:puke:

I've had terrible asthma since I was an infant so I have gotten hundreds of IV's and blood tests. When I was 9, a nurse tried giving me and IV and to make a long story short she MESSED up big time and it was a bloody mess. Ever since then I have been terrified of needles.

So now, I have to lay down like a little wus bag and turn my head and either hold the nurses hand or sit there and whine like a sissy.

I know most of it is in my head but I just can't help it. It makes me sick to even watch it on TV.

What sucks the most is that I wanted to start nursing school this spring and there is NO WAY I would be able to handle it because of the needle part.

Oh, have you ever seen the Honeymooners? Ralph Kramden hated needles like you, and when he saw someone else getting stuck, in the hospital, he fainted.

I understand why you feel the way you do, because of that incident. I don't know how I overcome it, but when I have to get a blood test, I must watch the guy work, and I have to watch the needle as its about to go in. Only once it starts going in can I turn away...because I hate waiting in anticipation and not knowing when it's about to hurt.

Easier said than done, but my advice would be to set your mind on distancing the needle area from you when the nurse is about to stick you. In other words, pain is all in the mind, its only your brain telling you that that spot is hurting you. The place where the needle enters doesn't actually hurt, the nerves send signals to the brain and the brain translates those signals and makes you believe that the pain is happening there. But the pain isn't real, it is a translation in your mind, from a certain perspective. I can't do it like the monks do it, who walk on hot coals and endure pain and ignore it, but I try and do mange to lessen the pain of some injuries, by stressing in my mind how the pain isn't real, and using my mind to convince my mind, that the spot that hurts is something seperate from my body...IE, that the pain is seperate from my body and not real.

Hmmm, I don't know how much sense that made. But try it the next time you have to get a blood test and see if it helps you.

I once had a similar talk with a lady friend who hated the sight of blood so much, that she came near to passing out when she had her periods. I'm not joking. I asked her why she thought that the sight of blood coming out of her (she had the same problem with needles and blood tests, as you) made her so uneasy but she didn't know. It's all in the mind, a psychological thing though, and I think that I understand it. Blood is the life, it ensures the life and makes it possible. So maybe when you see blood being taken out of you, whether you're staring at a gaping wound in your side, or a little syringe in your arm, it kicks in a subconscious fear of death. The fear of death brings out the fear of losing blood, and even though you're not going to die from giving up a vial of blood, the idea of it being taken from you, of draining it out of you, kicks that deep fear into high gear.