Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Muscleheads: Whats a good protein powder??

I personally like Prolab Pure Whey. Its 100% pure whey protein, and it mixes really well. Get vanilla (my fav.) or strawberry. Chocolate never mixes well, whatever brand it is.

Plus w/ milk, it 30g or protein per serving. Also check out Pure Protein bars, in blueberry cheesecake.

BULK UP!!!!

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

MetRX is what I use. You have to find one that agrees with your stomac. And don't take too much in a day because your body can't absorb more than a certain amount of protien, when that happens it just goes right through you and is waisted. You should take a daily vitamin to act as an amino acid to help your body place the protien and break it down.

If you're looking for a lowcarb protein powder, accept the fact that it won't taste well and get Designer or the egg protein by Optimum.

If you're looking to maximize gains, you'll need to have carbs in there, and here comes that good-tasting stuff - Myoplex, Met-Rx, Labrada, etc. All of them have nearly identical formulation.

Bars usually suck, because the companies end up putting all kinds of chemicals in there so that the bars would stay together. Their favorite seems to be glycerol, which causes water retention.

ISOPURE-

if you can get the clear bottle pre-mix, those are decent.. However, I enjoy the variety box with Orange Creamsicle and Strawberries N Cream. Compared to Designer Whey Protein, it's heavenly.

Overall, though, I'd rather eat a pure protein blueberry-cheesecake flavored protein bar with 38g protein.. Vitamin Shoppe is having a sale (40% off) on the boxes.

I'd be lucky to get .5g protein per pound of body weight, though if you want real gains you need 1g per pound. For me, that equates to having a piece of chicken/protein in my hand all day and I just dont have the time or the stomache for it. Protein is essential, though. I suggest everyone try those bars out.

------------------

Condense thought into a vapor of nuance.

I have to disagree w/ some of the responses and say that the (Chocolate) Designer Whey protein is the easiest to tolerate and the best tasting, but you have to drink it with milk or it tastes horrible. With milk it's better than Nestle Quick, just not as sweet IMO. Not to mention it's not too much protein (about 16 grams) in one shot so your body can absorb it all. That's if you want to stay lean. For mass i recommend the Myoplex MASS, strawberry; it's like 40 g protein and 500 calories and tastes yummy! The only other one that's OK, and its great in shakes, is the Por-Pharma vanilla. There may be some new one's i haven't tried, but at this stage og the game i'm sticking with those. They work well, taste good, and don't upset my stomach. Hope this helped.

------------------

house_music.gif

if you want just straight-up protein, then designer protein is the most popular. the reason why it doesn't have much taste is beacuse there is almost no carbs (carbs = sugars = taste).

if you want a total nutritional shake, then eas myoplex is probably the highest quality with good taste; it needs more water than most to make it chuggable.

i personally like twinlab Rx fuel in chocolate or strawberry (vanilla blows), because it has the highest quality whey protein, and it mixes in much less water...

happy muscling~ cwm11.gif