Clubplanet Nightlife Community

List Random, weird, Unique and Funny things about yourself Here.

deeelite1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love miniature things. Models, toys, crafted miniatures, I am so fascinated by tiny, detailed things. Like a 20 foot long model of a battleship (like the one in MGM in Orlando, or a one foot model of a ship, or a 2 inch model of a plane...whatever, I love miniature things. I love action figures, especially their tiny mini weapons...swords or guns.

Did I say that I love action figures? That's right. I can't walk past a toy department without checking out the action figure section. I started thinking about this now, because of posts about action figures I had with HowieNewport in another thread. I have a whole bag full of Star Wars, Galactica, and Micronaut figures from when I was a kid, that I'll never throw out because they represent my childhood and I always want to remember the fun I had playing with those things.

The Star Wars figures that are out nowadays are so much more detailed than the ones when I was a kid. I really want to start collecting those again, along with GI Joe figures, and maybe even the Marvel figures since the ones that Howie has look so cool.

I love miniature things. Models, toys, crafted miniatures, I am so fascinated by tiny, detailed things. Like a 20 foot long model of a battleship (like the one in MGM in Orlando, or a one foot model of a ship, or a 2 inch model of a plane...whatever, I love miniature things. I love action figures, especially their tiny mini weapons...swords or guns.

Did I say that I love action figures? That's right. I can't walk past a toy department without checking out the action figure section. I started thinking about this now, because of posts about action figures I had with HowieNewport in another thread. I have a whole bag full of Star Wars, Galactica, and Micronaut figures from when I was a kid, that I'll never throw out because they represent my childhood and I always want to remember the fun I had playing with those things.

The Star Wars figures that are out nowadays are so much more detailed than the ones when I was a kid. I really want to start collecting those again, along with GI Joe figures, and maybe even the Marvel figures since the ones that Howie has look so cool.

you are so uber geek slide.. thats why i love ya :love:

I used to draw starships and robots when I was a kid, and I spent hours and hours drawing in tiny, fine details.

This is a massive montague I did of the Death Star battle in Return of the Jedi. It is made up of a number of starships and fighters (some of them cloned several times rather than redrawn) that I drew onto 8x11 sheets of paper (or taped onto, as per the ones I cloned) numbering 3 high and 4 across. This was my art project for my 11th grade art class.

Unfortunately when I scanned them all recently I didn't get a full scan of one of the pages, hence the uneven and distorted fiery explosions of the Star Destroyer's shield generator. Sorry, I haven't had time to rescan them.

DeathStarBattleMural500x.jpg

Close up of one of the X-Wings from my Death Star battle drawing, flying past a distant Star Destroyer:

RonsArt--XWingStarDestroyer500x.jpg

And a close up of a Star Destroyer tip:

RonsArt-StarDestroyerTip.jpg

And from a seperate drawing:

NewY-Wing.jpg

I was in ballet for 7 years... I finally got on toe shoes but shortly thereafter my teacher retired.. when she retired, I retired. I just couldn't dance for anyone but Miss Carol. I tried another dance school but it wasn't the same.

I opened the show twice... once with my troop - imagine being around 9-10 years old.. on the stage.. and the curtains draw back and there are thousands of people.. wow! What an amazing experience. I also was the lead "mad hatter" and opened when we did Alice in Wonderland.. it was pretty cool to open the show SOLO :)

My grandparents still have my toe shoes. If i can find the pics, I'll post them. :)

I used to draw starships and robots when I was a kid, and I spent hours and hours drawing in tiny, fine details.

This is a massive montague I did of the Death Star battle in Return of the Jedi. It is made up of a number of starships and fighters (some of them cloned several times rather than redrawn) that I drew onto 8x11 sheets of paper (or taped onto, as per the ones I cloned) numbering 3 high and 4 across. This was my art project for my 11th grade art class.

Unfortunately when I scanned them all recently I didn't get a full scan of one of the pages, hence the uneven and distorted fiery explosions of the Star Destroyer's shield generator. Sorry, I haven't had time to rescan them.

DeathStarBattleMural500x.jpg

Close up of one of the X-Wings from my Death Star battle drawing, flying past a distant Star Destroyer:

RonsArt--XWingStarDestroyer500x.jpg

And a close up of a Star Destroyer tip:

RonsArt-StarDestroyerTip.jpg

And from a seperate drawing:

NewY-Wing.jpg

That's sick detail for what looks like a very large drawing.

How long did it take to draw? I'll bet that X-Wing alone was at least 1+ hrs.

It was put together over the course of several hours. The X-wing did take about that much time, yes. I used to draw the Star Destroyers a lot, and they became pretty easy and fast. The one with the intense detail was just the tip of it, built to a much larger scale than normal, and is at the upper left of the mural. Here is a close up of the edge of the Star Destroyer conning tower at the bottom right of the mural:

DeathStarBattleMuralConningTower.jpg

And here is hopefully a better save of the Y-Wing flying past a SD in the other pic. I had taken a lot of liberty with the details along the edges of the fighter's forward hull, because the fighter seen in the films had smooth edges at the forward edges.

NewY-Wing700x559.jpg

These were all done when I was 17, btw, though I had been drawing SW for years. I'd also been drawing starships from my own planned 9 book sci-fi/fantasy series, since I was a child about 7 years old.