Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lawler reviews?

i thought lawler was okay... i liked the first few hours of his set - dark nasty stuff... but then i got bored... def heard better sets from the man...

as for pacha - its a cool place - i liked the decor and the lighting and the crowd was friendly - but i miss the bigger SF dance floor, the sound system could def use a bit of work...(my ears are still messed up)... and the bouncers were absolutely horrible - they should either all get fired or mr. morillo should get them to take a few courses in attitude management and basic etiquette...

I thought lawler was great! After 2 am was the better part of the night...If you werent feelin him at that point then you have to have brick feet...He kept me on the floor all night...Hot girls, weird crowd, def did not get the SF vibe while i was in there...I cant deny that I was hopin it would be the same as the good old days but no complaints except that the bouncers were always up everyones ass or flashin lights all over the place...I really think that the bouncers can handle the club with their flashlights for lightshows...Other than that I think Lawler was better this time then he was the last time he was at Spirit!

got in at 4 o'clock. Lawler was playing one of his songs from his latest GU series. in few minutes as i could see Lawler was not at the desks anymore. but who ever span had done a really good job. i liked his electro/tribal set. though did not get to hear Lawler is not disappointed. if i'm wrong about someone else but Lawler playing after 4 please let me know.

I got in around midnight, it was kind of dead. Finally around 1:30am the dance floor filled up but the club was never packed (good thing for me). I think Lawler was awesome, he dropped bomb after bomb. The sound system in that place is siiiick. I think the best in NYC right now. The crowd was kind of weird. I noticed a lot of older people dressed up with sweaters and button downs. I left around 4:20am, walked downstairs to see DJ Cleveland in the basement dropping GTI! That was a good end to the night. Pacha seems like good club, I just hope the bouncers and crowd changes for the better.

it was a strong set but to me not on the level of his 2 spirit 2005 sets.

usually lawler has it all, including superb programming. i found this set slightly disorganized, but there is no doubt that in his third hour he hit a gigantic progg bassline stomper that was out of this world.

both the opening & especially the closing djs were reaklly good.

lawler chose to segue right from the opening djs record, which I felt started his set off on a kind of 90s house beat. lawler did dip into more 80s & 90s house this time than in recent sets, not bad by any means but usually lawler brings THE most modern futuristic records, he didnt play quite as many of those this time but there were certainly some.

if you were at spirit in 2005 you heard his new sound- a huge electro funky techy house that is just unstoppable. his first spirit set in june particularly was unbeklieveable, my #1 set of 2005, he absolutely decimated the club with that electro sound. his second spirit set was almost as great, same thing, strorming electro just inescapable. my fave records at pacha were of this type. but as i said it didnt seem quite as well planned out as lawler normally is and rather than ending with a huge climax, suddenly the closing dj was on & he played from 4:30 to 6.

I have to say the clsoing dj did a remarkable job. if you can beliegve it he basically carried on the sound & energy that lawler had developed from 1:30-4:30. this is no small feat. lawler is among the 5 or so top djs in the world imo. mixing, programming, genres, remixes, productions, edits, lawler is a master at everything he touches. the closing dj totally contnued lawlers vibe energy style & artistry. he kept us dancing until lights up at 6 am, quality tunes front to back.

my first visit to pacha. its good!!! lawler wasnt as scary crwded as i feared. in fact, the large space distributes the crowd & energy better than spirit & has more direction than crobar. the 2nd floor is nice to chill if you need a breather. the coat check, basement & main floor seem intelligently laid out.

restrooms are accessible, no huge lines. bars always there when you need drink. they have RUSHHH which i prefer to redbull.

there were some fine ladies! more than i see at spirit or usually crobar, some real sexy babes!! not the garbage that usually litters most nyc dance clubs.

and they were fun! they dance! and the guys were not NJ at all, it was a more music-based lawler intelligent crowd that was up for it!! it wasnt loungey boredom at all! it was an ace venue for one of the best djs alive!!

lawle was really good but not ion the god-like level of his 2 spirit sts. he didnt quite have the energy he sometimes disaplys behind the decks I think he was slightly off physocally or mentally but even at that speed he's one of the best alive. pacha is a good evenue to hear top djs the sound was a bit buzzy or medyy when turned up but I hope they fix that. the staff was great from doorman o ticket booth to barstaff, but i agree the bouncers on the stairs were power tripping & it was offensive. a classy joint like pacha doesnt have to have intimidating rude bouncers, crobar is more polite, thats the one thing Id suggest- more considerate bouncers & tweak the sound.

really good night over all ****+ out of 5 stars