Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon review

Sick, sick, sick night for trance. Sandra Collins worked it so well tonight. She was totally on point. Her builds and drops were some of the best Ive ever heard. She's mad cool too. I got a pic after her set with me and a bud and we shot the shit for a few minutes and how she was goin back to Belgium tomorrow.

Anywho, the man comes up the stairs, Mr Paul Oakenfold. He's getting mobbed, but I'm on the other side. So while they're trying to bust a hole to the DJ booth, I tap him on the shoulder and say Happy New Year to him. Then he told me the reason he was late cuz he was djing in Canada tonight. But I digress, Oakenfold. On point. His beats were so fucking hard, my ears are ringing and I can't hear shit, my legs are numb, and I have blisters all over my feet. The whistles and glowsticks were out in full effect as well.

I'd say these 2 probably put together the best show I've seen in a while.

Oakie came in around 230ish. He was on from 3-5. Then the opening DJ came back, there was a tribal/funkyish house guy, the guy who spins harder house in the bathroom. I left around 7. Im not sure who ended up closing. My legs are hurtin so much from dancing my ass off. By the time Oakie had gotten on, I was dead shot tired. I feel like I enjoyed Sandra's set more, but maybe that was because I was dancing harder than when Oakie was on.

All in all 9/10 night.

Got in at 9:30 and stayed til 8 am. Was one of the best Okenfold sets although rather short. I agree Sandra Collins was on point. For it being New Years and all it was a great club night. The whistles were slamming around 6:30. The early am house was a great end to an awsome night!! I am pround to say the best $75 I have spent on New Years.

I thought the roof was going to drop when I heard Oakie drop David Guetta ....and everytime they had he had a big drop, the house lights coming on over the crowd with the Ice scupltures when they weren't melted: Absolutely great sight

he just really made me loose respect for him when i saw the video for starry eyed surprise.

"we gonna dance all nite dance all nite to this dj..." :blown:

have u seen that video or even just heard the song itself? jesus fucking christ...

nah is it that bad really? u have the song?

the tiesto southern sun is nice

his ktu show every saturday is great.

i agree his recent mix cds werent that great, cream & the wall.

but he has a new one this spring 2006.

and lots of sets I got from euro radio are great too, 2004, 2005.

yeah oakeys been playing a trance mix of coldplay 'speed of sound' since the autumn.

the only coldplay music i ever loved.

at thanksgiviong oakey aslo played a har trance mix of the police 'messahe in a bottle.'

and the 2004 remix of greece 3000 3 drives

and that guetta world is mine electro mix is top, mad, out of hand