Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuel?

What Happened to this club? wasnt it an afterhours spot in Newark that the promoters used to fill up the boards with? No New Years Party?

The night Peter Bailey was spinnin, Cops raided it, found a bounce of drugs, the owner Mario got arrested, and the club has been closed since.

I'd only been to Fuel two or three times, but i've gotta say, I hate to see it go. One of the few spots with true energy in the music. Perfect afterhours spot, and friggin great DJ's, to include Mario Calegari and Dave Quest. Not to sell another spot, but for those of you left hanging after Fuel's demise, Club Blu in Staten Island has been picking up some serious afterhours steam as of late.

Fuel was not raided, nor was the owner dealing drugs. the police went there the in the morning because of a loud noise complaint. upon them walking into the club, some "child" who went to the club to profit insted of enjoying the music saw the cops and started shaking in his little underwear. the cops asked to turn on the lights to check id's. they saw some drugs on the floor and startet looking around. then they found a hip bag (which i learned to call a "fag bag" back in the day, how apropriate) next to a couch. they opened it a found this kids shit. since nobody claimed the bag, they arrested the owner. yes, the club is closed for good. yes, we are sad to see it go. but all good things must come to an end. we are now in the prossess of finding a new home for fuel and continuing our vibe. thanks to all the people who have supported Mario Calegari and Fuel in the past years. on behalf of Planet Grove, thank you and keep the faith. milky

As Rob said above, if anyone is looking for any afterhours spot definitly check out Club Blu in SI. they have some sick ass tribal and house till 5am or later. plus many guest djs on the way. this week is mark amatucci. come check it out people.

jack Z

MARIO IS SPINNING AT CLUB BLU 2/18/06 COME CHECK IT OUT!