Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SHOW review

Went to show last night to hear RIK Santiago rock out..with Clevland and Merritt

got there around 12, and clevland was spinning, the room was starting to get filled, mostly the asian invasion, but it's better then the room being empty,

Cleve - did his thing, dropping some hits here and there and sticking with more or less classic tracks, women beat their men, and that type of shit....

RIK - came on @ 1, RIK was dropping some serious shit, new productions he prob made on the fly this week, or who knows, cause I never heard noone rock the shit he was dropping, started off with some deep house tracks and was rocking a lot of electro/tribal tracks (which i am becoming a big fan of recently).....Rik is a fav of mine to watch spin, cause nothing is better then a DJ who gets into their set and goes crazy, he was dancing all over that booth, interacting with the crowd, and just haviin a great time.......

they were having major sound system issues, Lamonts mic was not working, so they had RIK turn down the house system.......and it seemed that either the subs, or some of the speakers were going in and out, so the sound was kinda EH and depending on where you were standing took away from the music IMO....

i also never go to SHOW unless it is BORIS and we bring in some serious sound for those events....

Meritt came on after, and went right at it, the room was already vibing out and packed up, but still room to move and dance which is rare for SHOW, big fan of meritt since we started him as a regular @ avalon, he was droppin some bombs, but yet again the sound was taking away from the set, still people coming in when I left at 4 30, I am sure Merritt did his thing.....

left about a hour into his set, cause i was too tired.........

big thank you to

Andrew and Rob for making it happen, always a pleasure working with ROBPROMOTIONS

jonpaul

it was cool meeting you last nite bro, you're definitely different than what i expected from just reading the messageboard

we met ?? maybe we did not do the whole screename thing and I did not associate it with ......I was also dead tired from crobar/ roseland sat night

hope that me being "different" was a good thing...

cause I am as real on here as i will be to anyone in real life..

i don't want to beef, i just want to say how do u know having room to dance is rare for show, merrit be djaying there the most out of any dj. than u say u only go for boris parties.

stop trying to convice people to go to merrit at avalon, when all the people who love merrit see him at show or afterhours at a rob party

sorry ...I should clarify...I shoudl have said "rarely" go to show

I was there for DT ....(which sound was also brought in)

I have gone for Richie santana 2 times before....

and seen meritt there 2 times...(when sounds system was working top notch)

I just rarely get to go cause of work on monday. and every time I have ever been there that place has been packed to the rafters......

but I mentioned the Boris thing cause I was referring to why I am accustomed to the sound being beefed up, as it was with Dt last week

this was nto about merrit at avalon ....and stupid comments like that without knowing someone are looking for "beef"...... meritt is a good friend.... of course I have nothing but great things to say about the man

jonpaul

we met ?? maybe we did not do the whole screename thing and I did not associate it with ......I was also dead tired from crobar/ roseland sat night

hope that me being "different" was a good thing...

cause I am as real on here as i will be to anyone in real life..

no..im fucking around..ur a douche...id never introduce myself to you..