Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Could everyone please stop bashing EXIT ?

Originally posted by k_car:

i've been to exit many times and i never noticed the steam... hmmmm... maybe it's not as good as twilo's??? at the climax of build songs, with such a loud and distinct hiss that... everyone just goes berserk!!! i remember snow but no cold steam... always so f*cking hot in exit.

maybe next time i go to exit, i'll have to look for it... it must be weak for me not to have noticed...

spheric, i'm not bashing exit, i actually like exit because of it's differences from twilo (except 1/2 the crowd)... it's just that i like twilo so much better.

peace out cwm30.gif

I know your not bashing it, it comes out of the bottom of the first balcony. Come to think of it I haven't seen it the last two weeks! It doesn't actually hit the crowd but rather goes right above them. Looks like a hard stream of smoke but has a low frequency whistle sound. I love twilo, some of the best talent plays there, but I do like when people have to get dressed up!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by risa06:

..... cwm25.gif .........

You know what....as long as I don't see lil clubbers running around w/ pacifiers in their mouth.....its "all" good to me..........

as I said b4......like Twilo.....you know how to get there smile.gif ........like Exit......welcome smile.gif ........

~Lola~

You must have hit a bad day at Twilo. I've been to Twilo, literally scores of times (maybe even hundreds) and I have YET to see a person with a pacifier.

Regarding the "cold steam" - hope you folks are not confusing it with fog...the kryogenefix system (liquid nitrogen) at Twilo, when released fills the WHOLE dancefloor with freezing fog. If it IS liquid nitrogen used, then the fog is created by the evaporation of nitrogen as it hits the hot air of the danceclub (if its not nitrogen then I don't know what causes the steam).

BTW, its speculation on my part with regards to the kryogenefix system...you'll have to ask somebody else for an exact explanation.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 12-14-2000).]

Music aside, I think one reason why many people here bash either Exit, SF, or Twilo is because these three clubs each have a distinct vibe that people identify THEMSELVES with. You can tell just by looking at some people which of the three clubs they would prefer (I don't mean this negatively). It's only natural to be more comfortable surrounded by other people like yourself. For some, it's equally uncomfortable to be surrounded by people who are not.

Some develop an "Us vs. Them" mentality leading them to get rather upset when others say anything negative about their favorite club. Negative comments are sometimes interpreted as not just club-related but almost an affront on a person's identity by association.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

not bashing exit

but my take:

music is repeptitive b/c its what you hear in every club in the tri-state area, w/ a few exceptions of course

the system is not bad, its easily second best in the city, thought that might chage w/ factory's new one becoming second(pending)

the crowd is very trendy but its that style club. 54 was trendy yet people don't bash that. if you don't like the trendy crowd don't go.

TWILO DJ'S DO NOT PLAY TRANCE ALL NIGHT

wish people could get that throught there heads. people try and say can't deal w/ the trance at twilo, yet they hear more garbage nyc trance at the other clubs then trance in a night at twilo. digweed is all about progressive, so for the people bashing twilo about trance and saying its all about the progressive house try thinking about what your saying b/c it makes no sense at all.

exit and twilo are two worlds of differenct clubs. i tell things like they are. dont' bash and don't sugar coat. if you wanna hear the nyc sound and like a trendy crowd then by all means go to exit. its a beautiful venue w/ good lights and a good system

if you like a more eclectic array of sounds and music and people more there for that then the scene then go to twilo. has the best system in the world, amazing lights and a great crowd in its own respects

my .$02

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Wait a sec, why do u have to like one and hate the other, I've been to all three (SF/Twilo/Exit) and I like them all, so there are some more unwanted ppl in Exit than lets say the other 2 but these clubs are big enuf where u can just go somewhere else. Going to the same place over and over gets a little boring after a while, a change of venue is what keeps going out fun.

i've been to them all and i say if you don't like one don't go stop trying to push your opinions on everyone else

me personally i like exit then i like going to SF for afterhours but i have nothing sagainst the people who go to tewilo as long as they don't have anything against me

for me there is noplace like home and home for me is THE SOUNDFACTORY although it doen't compare to the size of exit, just the vibe of freedom and anarchy when you walk into that place makes me feel right at home

for example i have never been bothered by a bouncer or anyone unfriendly at SF whether i am sober or not. for me that is the true reason why i go to clubs in new york city, otherwise i would just stay in jersey and be hawked in abyss or hunka bunka

------------------

starting friday night dec 22 dj Andrew Mendez at the new SOUNDFACTORY fridays

THE "METRO PROMOTIONS" GUESTLIST EMAIL ME @ CHRISSOGGY@AOL.COM OR SAY "METRO"AT THE DOOR BROUGHT TO YOU BY "CHRIS MICHAEL"

/>http://communities.msn.com/ChrisMichaelNYC&naventryid=100

Originally posted by partytime:

for example i have never been bothered by a bouncer or anyone unfriendly at SF whether i am sober or not.

do you have a room of your own where no one is allowed?

otherwise sounds kinda odd to me

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I've seen PLENTY of ppl with pacifiers at Twilo... I like that place but you know 95% of the ppl there are FUCKED UP on something!!!!! Look at the stairs in the back!!! All those ppl are barely capable of moving and 1/2 of them have pacifiers smile.gif I'm not bashing Twilo. I go there at least once a month and I really like it. Just wanted to clear up about these annoying pacifier ppl smile.gif And I never see so many glow sticks anywhere else! I hate those things!! smile.gif

i never said you were lying

just meant you're definetly the only person then

and lets not get into the pacifier and drug debate b/c i'm not bashing at all, but people who love factory should not point fingers. those who live in glass houses shouldnt' throw stones and there are just as many if not more people in factory more fucked up then the people in twilo

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif

Well.....I think there are many people fucked up at many clubs in the city on many different nights.....can anyone disagree? But, I think the difference, from my experiences, is that too many people in places like Exit and SF are there just to get fucked up.......In Twilo, surely people are fucked up, there is no question, but I think that about 90% of the people that populate Twilo on a given night can tell you exactly who is spinning at any given time.......I'm not sure that other places have that and that tells you why people go to Twilo......getting fucked up is second tier to the music most of the time......of course, this is not at all derogatory against Exit or Factory but it just a subtle differnce between the clubs as far as drugs go......my take anyway.

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Originally posted by translucent:

Music aside, I think one reason why many people here bash either Exit, SF, or Twilo is because these three clubs each have a distinct vibe that people identify THEMSELVES with. You can tell just by looking at some people which of the three clubs they would prefer (I don't mean this negatively). It's only natural to be more comfortable surrounded by other people like yourself. For some, it's equally uncomfortable to be surrounded by people who are not.

Some develop an "Us vs. Them" mentality leading them to get rather upset when others say anything negative about their favorite club. Negative comments are sometimes interpreted as not just club-related but almost an affront on a person's identity by association.

I wholeheartedly agree with ya. If you dont like a club... dont go there... but dont bash it either. Everyone has thier own taste and style, if they didnt, this world would be a boring place.

Pacifier good for teeth... glowstix good for working out... everything serves a purpose...

SF and Exit serve a purpose too... if they didn't exist, meatheads would be at Twilo...

I say Exit and SF rock... it keeps the trash away from Twilo... will have my drama armor polished, so fire away... meatheads.

------------------

Dream a little dream... and fawk the dejavus and nightmares!

caveman.gif

Maybe they're all FUCKED UP on something and chewing on pacifiers because they're trying to erase their memories for even being at Sound Factory and Exit...god I knows I'm still trying to.

I can't stand seeing jars...all over the damn dancefloor at Factory...someone might slip on them while dancing to Whitney remixes.

If you apparently see all that at Twilo...stay away from the stairs and glowstix...I've heard glowstix cause cancer...so stay away from them.

I had no idea these were such an eye sore...yeah it does take away from the music. rolleyes.gif

------------------

duvet.gif

halcyon...on...on...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

First of all exit is the worst. The owner is a greedy motherfucker who doesn't pay his promoters or dj's on time. He charges his promoters to get in. His <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> girls don't know what the fuck is going on. ENJOY this club now, because when the lease is up in a few years it will be turned into apartments. SEE YA....

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

Maybe they're all FUCKED UP on something and chewing on pacifiers because they're trying to erase their memories for even being at Sound Factory and Exit...god I knows I'm still trying to.

I can't stand seeing jars...all over the damn dancefloor at Factory...someone might slip on them while dancing to Whitney remixes.

If you apparently see all that at Twilo...stay away from the stairs and glowstix...I've heard glowstix cause cancer...so stay away from them.

I had no idea these were such an eye sore...yeah it does take away from the music. rolleyes.gif

"May be they are all FUCKED UP on something and chewing on pacifiers because they are trying to erase their memories for even being at Sound Factory and Exit..." ......good....so let them chew even harder on those things and NEVER step their foot back in those two THE MOST beautiful clubs in NYC.......... smile.gif ...Exit and SF are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif .....

~Lola~........... cwm32.gif

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Charlie WTF??? KEEP THE TRASH AWAY???? WHO ARE YOU CALLING TRASH?????????????????????

I know right????....excuse me Charlie.....but did you ever took a look around you when you are in Twilo????? I don't think so cause if you did you wouldn't say something like that...and anyway....who are you to say who is trash and whos not?????? huh???????......not nice.......ME and MY BEAUTIFUL friends go to Exit and SF and we are sooooooo fucking far from "trash".....

~Lola~ smile.gif

------------------

who cares is someone's chewing a pacifier, ha stheir shirt off, is wearing UFO's, or is wearing Armani... aren't clubs supposed to be about hearing music and having a good time?

The majority of times u go to a club, you hang out with the peeps you came with or met up with, right? so what does it matter what the others in the crowd are doing?

my 2 cents...

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

Sats:

12/16 - Arena, Albany NY

12/23 - Webster Hall

12/30 - Webster Hall

1/13 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

1/14 - Phillidelphia (Location TBA)

Sat Dec. 23rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

I say Exit and SF rock... it keeps the trash away from Twilo... will have my drama armor polished, so fire away... meatheads.

wtf??? please theres no trash at exit and sf, its just most ppl caring about getting dressed up and looking good, whats wrong with that???? Well let me tell u , ur comment is fucked up, cause i go to both those clubs and I am definately not trash

cwm23.gif

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by russ reign:

who cares is someone's chewing a pacifier, ha stheir shirt off, is wearing UFO's, or is wearing Armani... aren't clubs supposed to be about hearing music and having a good time?

The majority of times u go to a club, you hang out with the peeps you came with or met up with, right? so what does it matter what the others in the crowd are doing?

my 2 cents...

thank you Russ..........

------------------

I don't know I'm not down with the whole pacifier thing, I think it's retarded. I think that too people have a problem with exit or sf cause they couldn't get in to those places the way that they like to dress when they go to Twilo. And don't tell me I'm wrong cause thats gotta be one of the reasons why.