Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Authenticity on a Hermes Birken Bag... question.. Retail Ppl come hither

deeelite1

I've had a rare Hermes Birkin bag sitting in my closet for over 3 yrs now..

someone from a previous job gave it to me because when he broke up with an ex it was a gift and he wanted it back because it costed serious money.. being that he immediately moved in with another girl , he had nowhere to put this thing so gave it to me because I am bag obsessed..

this bag isnt' really my STYLE so i never used it.... now I want to sell it because it goes for a ridiculous amount of money. only problem is I don't have the papers for it or authenticity card.

I was wondering If i went to the Hermes store if they would look at it and write something up to verify authenticity..

http://cgi.ebay.com/35cm-CLASSIC-RED-Hermes-Birkin-Bag-Gold-Hardware_W0QQitemZ6836402678QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

any suggestions?

does he know you are tryin to sell it? shouldnt you give him at least half?

also im sure they could print something out

he has more money than God.. thats why flinging off a bag worth this much isn't an issue.

I haven't spoken to him or his wife in over a year.. i wouldnt even know how to get in touch with them..not to mention im kind of IRKED I wasn't invited to their wedding... hmph..

You have a bag worth over 12 grand that was just "given" to you?!

ummm ... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2003/08/12/purse_gestalt_the_hermes_problem.php

seems like alot of people are having problems w/ authenticity ...

he paid 2g's for it when it was purchased.. read my story it was more like ok, i need to get this bag oiut of my new apartment because Its from a past relationship..

I was skeptical at first and looked into it.. I've compared it to the fakes IN PERSON.. I've seen fake Hermes' before and mine looks nothing like them.. I looked into it when i first got it..

Besides, its the jelly bags that are easy to imitate not the alligator one with the 24ct gold locks.

Yea, but does he have more money than Oprah?

I'd say go to the store. They should be able to provide you with some sort of verification.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Free money rocks!!! :rock:

i am reading up now on how to tell a fake from a real and i'll know for sure when I go home and pick the bag apart just to be EXTRA sure before i stroll in the store..

he paid 2g's for it when it was purchased.. read my story it was more like ok, i need to get this bag oiut of my new apartment because Its from a past relationship..

I was skeptical at first and looked into it.. I've compared it to the fakes IN PERSON.. I've seen fake Hermes' before and mine looks nothing like them.. I looked into it when i first got it..

Besides, its the jelly bags that are easy to imitate not the alligator one with the 24ct gold locks.

good luck then .. cause if it is what it is ... then someone is going to really start the new year right!

good luck then .. cause if it is what it is ... then someone is going to really start the new year right!

i found it really hard to believe to because nothing in life is ever free... but it was one of my ex-bosses and they all have money so it wasn't an issue.. more of HEY GET THIS OUT OF THE NEW HOUSE lol..

he did ask for me to just enjoy it and not sell it which is why I never looked into it because I like to keep my word but its been years nad I dont talk to them anymore so..

what to do what to do.

How bad is this, I never even heard of a Hermes Birkin bag. Are they popular?

if you are loaded YES

Their bags have usually a waiting list of a few years and range from 5 - 20 thousand..

absurd if you ask me.. look at this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNATURE-Orange-30cm-CROCODILE-Hermes-Birkin-Bag_W0QQitemZ6837190496QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$29,500.00

if you are loaded YES

Their bags have usually a waiting list of a few years and range from 5 - 20 thousand..

absurd if you ask me.. look at this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNATURE-Orange-30cm-CROCODILE-Hermes-Birkin-Bag_W0QQitemZ6837190496QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$29,500.00

im for sure going to have to knock some old lady the fuck out cold if i see one of these on her arm .. now way someone has a bag that could cover a 04 BMW in full on their arm and not get jerked for it ...