Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cough Medicine Doesn't Do Shit

HAZE

...Except get you high if you drink enough.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10777506/

CHICAGO - Despite the billions of dollars spent every year in this country on over-the-counter cough syrups, most such medicines do little if anything to relieve coughs, the nation’s chest physicians say.

Over-the-counter cough syrups generally contain drugs in too low a dose to be effective, or contain combinations of drugs that have never been proven to treat coughs, said Dr. Richard Irwin, chairman of a cough guidelines committee for the American College of Chest Physicians.

Drugstore shelves are crowded with cough syrups promising speedy, often non-drowsy relief without a prescription.

Yea...I'm not a big believer in cough syrups...especially Dayquil or Nyquil. Complete bs....they just supress symptoms.

Whenever I'm sick I make sure to get cough meds from the doctor. Right now I have a potent fucker. I'll post the name of it when I'm home...but this shit means serious business. It has all kinds of warning labels on it, and my doctor told me it has narcotics in it that are otherwise illegal.

Hmmm....

Yea...I'm not a big believer in cough syrups...especially Dayquil or Nyquil. Complete bs....they just supress symptoms.

Whenever I'm sick I make sure to get cough meds from the doctor. Right now I have a potent fucker. I'll post the name of it when I'm home...but this shit means serious business. It has all kinds of warning labels on it, and my doctor told me it has narcotics in it that are otherwise illegal.

Hmmm....

I want some.

I used to use this:

topright.jpg

dayquil and nyquil are good for the common cold - anything more serious or if you have an infection they wont work. if after a couple of days of using them you dont feel better go see a doctor - chances are you need something stronger.

btw, i stopped using ripped fuel a few months ago and took some dayquil a couple of weeks ago for my nasal congestion - - i was on an ephedrine high in the gym.

when i was 18 i read about robotripping on erowids and i went to the local cvs stole some coricidin and proceeded to almost overdose on it because i took 8 pills opf the wrong kind... good times.. :doh:

a few weeks ago i drank a full bottle of robutussin throughout the span of a few days, for a cold and it wound up doing nothing.. i also got the cold anf flu liquigels and those didnt do shit either... never again...

marcid.. you probably have codeine in there... a lot fo the high power cough syrup has that stuff