Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Derrick carter reviews from sol

Anyone else show up, i thought it was an amazing time and the crowd was loving every min of derricks set. Lot of cool people and shit people i havent seen in ages. Def a lot of fun and looks like SOL is shaping up on fris nights. I think it was the most people i seen at sol possibly like 600 or more heads i dunno.

thoughts: derrick at sol. early contender for set of the year. Ive heard dc many times live & this was one of his most intimate, house party vibing, straight up boompty chi house sets Ive heard live.

his spirit summer 05 set was my 2nd best of 2005 [#1 was lawler spirit june].

i rated dc's spirit ****1/2 of 5 stars. Id say last night was ****3/4.

at spirit he dipped into jazz, country, and disco.

last night eh kept it hard chicago house all night, very percussive in parts.

only pop track was sunshine anderson heard it all before, that remix that sounds dr dre like almost [is it timbaland production?]

also at the end that mad dancehall style track that goes 'like a like a 40 ode lika a lika 40-ode.' {if i knew its real name that would help!}

couple boomty/electro jams off his ministry of sound 2005 cd.

pure pleasure start to finsih not a bum track, not a braek in mood.

if you know derrick live he weaves a tapestry of housey textures. some signature instrumental huge bassline chi tracks. a sense of fun like few djs. always at an energetic, funky level, but not over the top & doesnt slack.

keeps it right there in the funky pocket chi houseparty style.

played approx 1:30-3:45.

dc is also the nicest dj ive ever met. and the most real.

went over to crobar. dc played an intimate houseparty set.

behrouz playing big room house. tribal. deep. progressive. vocal.

got there 430 stayed til 7: close/lights up.

as gabe said best track was dt staple 'its a brand new day' encore.

also loved '1 time for the underground.'

and stoppage time worked well, but nothing like the raw mix dt played at spirit xmas. or even the one howells played at spirit mid-year.

and max graham remixed stoppage for his new-ish mixmag cd, check it out maxs remixes are the bizz.

behrouz is certainly an expert dj with skills. he was pleasing the afterhours crowd.

but his 'hits' set didnt compare to dc's creative textured tapestry- as good as behrouz is [i rated him ****of 5 stars] carter is in a different universe- but you knew that- dc is my #1 dj ever and few alive can compete with dc when hes on. as he was last night

behrouz played a very good big room after hours set. he followed satoshii as co-headliners from 3-ish on.

i look forward to behrouz's next full nyc all night set.

or behrouz opening up for dt- that will be a dream set at crobar or pacha in 2006.

anyway great night. [also checked juan maclean too].

THREE big talents on a friday night in nyc.

derrick ****3/4 one of the best sets of 2006.

behrouz **** strong afterhours big room set.

and stoppage time worked well, but nothing like the raw mix dt played at spirit xmas. or even the one howells played at spirit mid-year.

and max graham remixed stoppage for his new-ish mixmag cd

Guy (Gerber) is the man, became good friends with him over the summer, and you gotta watch out for his new releases with Sahar, and also with Satoshi... gonna b nutz!

Anyone else show up, i thought it was an amazing time and the crowd was loving every min of derricks set. Lot of cool people and shit people i havent seen in ages. Def a lot of fun and looks like SOL is shaping up on fris nights. I think it was the most people i seen at sol possibly like 600 or more heads i dunno.

Good meeting you Mr Bull..

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What a great night at Sol. Music was top notch. Left right after Carter was done. what a sik reviw.

/

Guy (Gerber) is the man, became good friends with him over the summer, and you gotta watch out for his new releases with Sahar, and also with Satoshi... gonna b nutz!

Good then get him to DJ over here for the love of God.

I've been pleading to every promoter I know since I first discovered him when I heard his kiss100 on Digweeds show 2 years ago.

And the one he did last week is just as ridiculous.

Good then get him to DJ over here for the love of God.

I've been pleading to every promoter I know since I first discovered him when I heard his kiss100 on Digweeds show 2 years ago.

And the one he did last week is just as ridiculous.

Get a venue and ill get you Guy no problem!

he is ISRAELS #1 HOUSE EXPORT.

and yeah, that set was sick... "every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around!""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" :-)

Bull,

I tell ya what, I've talked my shit, but when you and i got out on that floor you had me beat fair and square. That spin move, where did you pull that out of, fucking amazing! You had some sick moves, and you were the better man on the dancefloor, but in the end i'm glad we were able to shake hands and have a drink!