Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pink Floyd Trance Remixes

I totally agree about the originals being best, but hearing a great trance mix and then have it bust into some PF melodies just sends chills through my body!

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

Originally posted by wizard:

"The Orb" remixed the whole Dark Side of the Moon album, if my memory serves me correctly. there are also many trance remixes from the wall as well.

although i do like this Orb album remix, i like the purity of PF as is. i always prefer the originals in this case is what i mean. these guys are the earliest influences in electronic music, in a sense one of the earliest forms of techno. they were at the forefront of "experimenting with sound".

be cool

stephen

i agree

don't think that roger would ever be one to complain about an electronica remix, being as he invented the genre, but i still for the most part won't even listent to them

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

but i still for the most part won't even listent to them

-Rob

werd

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

To all one time hard core Pink Floyd fans: personally I was a huge PF faithfull for a couple years until I slowly drifted off. I still love them but would rather here hard house and trance right now (it was a slow process over a couple years). But I was in the car the other day listening to the radio and "Comfortably Numb" just caught me off gaurd. I didn't have a thought in my head, just listened. They are sooooo deep with there whole sound and perception of the way they viewed themselves ono this planet it's mind-boggling. They were fuckin amazing! I'm ready to dig out my Meddle CD and play fearless when I get home.

"Okay, it's just a little pin prick. They'll be no more AAAAGGGGHHHHH... But you may feel a little sick."

I've heard one trance remix of a Pink Floyd song. Anyone know some track titles?

Never did get the name of the song I heard. I belive the Pink Floyd original is off of the Momentary Lapse of Reason album.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

My favorite one is comfortably numb... I love the song and the remix is unbelievable.. Have NO clue who it's by though... I'll ask my friend who has it and let you know..

Thanks. I've been listening to Floyd since I was like 13... I've come to realize that my life is set to their rhythm... grade A cloud music.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"The Orb" remixed the whole Dark Side of the Moon album, if my memory serves me correctly. there are also many trance remixes from the wall as well.

although i do like this Orb album remix, i like the purity of PF as is. i always prefer the originals in this case is what i mean. these guys are the earliest influences in electronic music, in a sense one of the earliest forms of techno. they were at the forefront of "experimenting with sound".

be cool

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

floyd are the shit. i saw the dark side laser show fucked up 16 times when it was at the planetarium back in the day (i was a little on the hippie tip); now that they have the new planetarium i hear they have led zep and aerosmith instead. what's up with that? i wish i had rolled back then...

i have the "wish you were here" trance mix and its awesome! pink floyd = good shit cwm12.gif

------------------

"i remember thinking i'll go on forever knowing i'll see you again....but i know the touch of you is hard to remember, but like that touch i know no other...and for sure we have danced in the risk of each other, would you like to dance around the world with me?" ~ dmb