Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tigra C, Ryan Obermiller & Tanner Ross @ Vertigo 1/19!

cornergirl

Please join us this Thursday, January 19th, as Analog Lounge welcomes three very special guests, Tigra C, Ryan Obermiller & Tanner Ross!! :clap:

DJ TIGRA C aka CARL JOACHIM

Born in the early 80s, Carl J. was bathed in the infamous music genres of the disco, classic rock, urban hip hop, jazz, & the Caribbean based rhythm & blues. Behind the decks, Carl's main goal is to meld a portrait of art with a palette of different musical tastes that range from the sun spirits of Spain through the water god cries of the Caribbean Islands to deep routed African rhythms of the Gaia. Heavily influenced by DJs Lee Burridge, John Digweed, & Danny Howells, under his alias DJ Tigra C, Carl is able to express his musical taste in a subtle Deep Tech House fashion that has been known to peel the paint off of a few walls...

DJ Tigra C was 1st introduced to the Boston scene through a residency at Boston's leading Tech House Night ORANGE @ Kells in Brighton, MA. Since then, Carl has become a frequent guest DJ in locations such as Ryan Garrett's Dover Soul in NH; Jay P's Deep House Ladies Night held @ News on Wed. in Boston, MA; the Homegrown Event held @ the Sin Sin Lounge in Manhattan, NY; Peter Ellis' Vertigo's Thursday Nights in Boston, MA & a guest cameo DJ @ Boston infamous after-hours nightclub Rise. This upcoming fall, Carl J. plans on expanding his music career through his production talent on record labels such as Slanted House & Anamorphic Recordings & finally emerging his own record label "the Bassment"... from which everything emerges... in 2006.

RYAN OBERMILLER (Marz Entertainment, Red Door) Portsmouth NH

Some people are driven by passion and sheer determination. Others are blessed with raw talent and a natural sense of rhythm. In Ryan Obermiller's case, he is one of the few who possess both. Originally drawn to the New England party scene while attending college at UNH, Ryan began to immerse himself in the scene and started studying the craft of DJing. Ryan made regular appearances on UNH's weekly underground electronic music show, Beat Khemistry (WUNH).

In 2002, he was asked to host his own version of Beat Khemistry which was featured on Muziklab.com. In January 2004, Ryan landed a residency at the Red Door Lounge in Portsmouth NH (a local hot spot with a reputation for groundbreaking sounds). This residency provided Ryan with an opportunity to develop and hone his style into a smooth, clean, groovy house sound. Though it may sound cliché, house music has played a pivotal role in shaping Ryan as a person and a dj.

House music provides him with a unique spark that drives his passion. A passion that compels his desire to share this music with anyone and everyone. Now joining up with Marz Entertainment (Boston) as the newest addition to the team, he hopes to expand his mission to a wider audience. So listen up, this music just might move you too...

TANNER ROSS

Originally from New Jersey, Tanner Ross moved to Boston at the beginning of 2005 to study at Berklee College of Music, pursuing a degree in synthesis. Tanner has worked with many established artists such as R3vovle, Kilowatts, Dpp, 3pm, Toksin, Embryo Mystic, Afterglow and has re-mixed The Wide Band Network and Basic Pleasure Model.

Tanner also makes up one third of the group Sex Therapy (other members are Danny Patterson and Christina Chatfield), who played for the first time at Analog Lounge in September. Between classes and work, you can find Tanner at the famed Club 1100 or out and about promoting for Boston's premiere afterhours club, RISE. Mixing electro and funky house with only a laptop and Ableton Live, his music is sure to move you.

Stop by Vertigo this Thursday for a great night of house music!!

Vertigo is located at 126 State Street, Boston

10pm-2am

No Dress Code

FREE!! :bounce:

Match Sux.... the owners are the same owners when it was the blue cat. I give that place another 5 months.. Great work by the owners tho, didnt change a thing appearence wise, just a little menu change and a fire, and they started doing good again.

Match Sux.... the owners are the same owners when it was the blue cat. I give that place another 5 months.. Great work by the owners tho, didnt change a thing appearence wise, just a little menu change and a fire, and they started doing good again.

well i had 2 mini burgers and caitie had 1 mini tuna burger. they were splendid. i want more.

match is good b4 u go out on weekends, loads of talent but than the kahki wearing, plaid loving, red sox cap wearing mofos ruin it and scare the ladies away. or maybe i sacre em off. not sure

match is good b4 u go out on weekends, loads of talent but than the kahki wearing, plaid loving, red sox cap wearing mofos ruin it and scare the ladies away. or maybe i sacre em off. not sure

all i know is there is one girl bartender who is about 6'5. total linebacker.