Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bartending Schools??

I'm going to visit a bartending school in the city. I heard great things about it from friends. I hope it's good.

I know I need a school since I'm clueless on drinks and how to work behind a bar, besides I don't know too many places who will train you on every drink and I would feel uncomfortable asking the customer what goes in their drink.

Here's the link

http://www.newyorkbartendingschool.com/indexny.php

I'm going to visit a bartending school in the city. I heard great things about it from friends. I hope it's good.

I know I need a school since I'm clueless on drinks and how to work behind a bar, besides I don't know too many places who will train you on every drink and I would feel uncomfortable asking the customer what goes in their drink.

Here's the link

http://www.newyorkbartendingschool.com/indexny.php

Smart decision. Check your pm.

Now I have a dilema, I visited the school in NY "NY Bartending School" charging $595 (special rate) and really liked the school and their job placement seems good. They place you in alot of the trendy clubs/bars (Bungalow 8, etc..) - they specifically said they don't place their graduates in places like applebees or Fridays, which I don't want to work at.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit "Authentic Bartending" in Paramus & they're only charging $375, but after talking with the contact they said they place alot of their students in restaurant bars/service bars, applebees and small clubs.The only place in the city they deal with are Latin Quarters & The Copa. They said that most other "better" places won't take new students so you have to work your way up. *The NY school never said that.

Now the dilema is job placement - is the one in NY exaggerating on the places they can get you in? If I go to the one in NJ am I destined to only do restaurant & small bar type places?

Now I have a dilema, I visited the school in NY "NY Bartending School" charging $595 (special rate) and really liked the school and their job placement seems good. They place you in alot of the trendy clubs/bars (Bungalow 8, etc..) - they specifically said they don't place their graduates in places like applebees or Fridays, which I don't want to work at.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit "Authentic Bartending" in Paramus & they're only charging $375, but after talking with the contact they said they place alot of their students in restaurant bars/service bars, applebees and small clubs.The only place in the city they deal with are Latin Quarters & The Copa. They said that most other "better" places won't take new students so you have to work your way up. *The NY school never said that.

Now the dilema is job placement - is the one in NY exaggerating on the places they can get you in? If I go to the one in NJ am I destined to only do restaurant & small bar type places?

You get what you pay for lol. NYC school is not exaggerating, it's a real deal. Of course it's up to the person to make it happen but once you're done with them you're ready to roll and work in high end establishment and not serving martinis with a STRAW in them in Fridays lol..

Good luck ;)

I think to get a job in a major club in the city you have to know someone or be a hot chick.

No, that's in Jersey. I hate to see a girl who got hired cuz of her looks especially when she fucks up MY drink...dumb sluts like that should only work in a strip clubs. So many times I either send a drink back or throw the wrong garnish out of my drink or straw out of martini glass. Thanks to Jersey schools you see this shit everywhere. You can't even get a decent Cosmo these days cuz they kill that shit with TOO much cranberry.

In NYC LOOKS are very important but if you don't know what you're doing, or you're slow behind a bar then there's 10 other hot chicks waiting to take your place who know how to bartend.

No, that's in Jersey. I hate to see a girl who got hired cuz of her looks especially when she fucks up MY drink...dumb sluts like that should only work in a strip clubs. So many times I either send a drink back or throw the wrong garnish out of my drink or straw out of martini glass. Thanks to Jersey schools you see this shit everywhere. You can't even get a decent Cosmo these days cuz they kill that shit with TOO much cranberry.

In NYC LOOKS are very important but if you don't know what you're doing, or you're slow behind a bar then there's 10 other hot chicks waiting to take your place who know how to bartend.

I dont think its Jersey Schools thats the problem its the people who say "you dont have to go to a bartending school your hot" Then you have what you explained as bad hot bartenders haha. Im just saying if you are an attractive girl or know someone then the less expensive school would be the way to go to get the basic idea about mixing drinks. No school can simulate a club atmosphere were you have people six deep asking for drinks and the music is loud and its dark as hell.

Any bartending school that says they will place you in a club is lying. There is no way you are getting in a club with no experience. My advise is to go to school, get a job anywhere, then go to the city. This way you can say "I currently work at Joe's Tavern but its not busy enough for me". That will make you much more marketable.

P.S. You can NOT get behind a Friday's or Applebees bar without waiting tables yuckkkkkkk.