Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Classic Club Tracks - Where do they go?

tyco

I have a pretty legitimate question.......why don't older club songs ever get heard in clubs once they go out of their particular era......I mean, some of the older tracks that are old, but still damn good.......like hip-hop has old school parties and DJs, does that exist in the club scene and I don't know about it?......I would love to go to a club and here some of the classics bangin sometime.......am I missing something or is this nonexistent?

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

i was talking to the guy that DJs at Hush Monday nights, Alex, he was saying how, for the first few hours of his set, a lot of new stuff, then towards the end, he plays the older tracks and the crowd that's still there are ppl. that have been clubbing for years, and they get all happy.

that's second hand knowledge wink.gif so not legit.

------------------

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

I'm glad someone else has thought about this.......I can just imagine being in Twilo late night and hearing Universal Nation or something come on.......I would lose my fucking mind!

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Oh it would be great to hear some old tracks. I miss octopussy and insomnia, spin spin sugar....just to name a few. They really wouldnt fit in some of the DJ's styles of now but Im sure they could work something out. Those were classic to me. Those were some of the songs that I heard when I first started clubbing. Good memories. If I heard them now...OMG Id, well nevermind...hehe

But I agree. More DJ's should try and put a little bit of a classic spin on some of their music. The clubbers who have been around long would know these tracks and flip out!

Mikey...when you become a famous DJ, an ya try and work some classic sets in for all of us???? Im sure many would appreciate it! cwm17.gif

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE