Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Special Event at Vertigo February 2nd

cornergirl

Please join us this Thursday, February 2nd, as Analog Lounge & Marz Entertainment welcome very special guests; DJ SNEAK (downstairs), and DRES & DAN ALCALA (upstairs)! :clap:

DJ SNEAK

Sneak earned his nickname rocking graffiti-tags and began working at retail stores as an airbrush artist, which kept him out of trouble and allowed him to make important local industry contacts. Development as a DJ came while working regular mobile DJ jobs and local nightclubs. But, in an already saturated DJ pool, Sneak focused on his music production and started his independent label - Defiant Records.

In 1992, using the fundamental studio pieces, Sneak began recording tracks with an unusual new style. In 1994, while still working at local store Gramophone Records, Sneak met Cajmere (Green Velvet) owner of Cajual and Relief Records. Cajmere released three of Sneak's catalyst tracks, which helped to bring Sneak international recognition, and with it, a global DJing career.

In 1995, Sneak's new sound revolutionized house music with inspirational sounds and rhythms never heard. The disco filtered house grooves became Sneak's signature sound. Innovator to many, Sneak's love for music inspired others like Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, Armand Van Helden.

In 1996, DJ Sneak's 'You Can't Hide from your Bud', on Derrick Carter's Classic Recordings, ironically became an instant classic itself; a blueprint for funky, filtered disco-influenced house - Sneak Style - redefining Chicago's underground music. From 1996 to present day, DJ Sneak has perfected his remix skills, seizing opportunities to work with world-class talent and fine-tune his sound. His highly anticipated remixes take dance floors around the world to levels of climactic frenzy with his trademark booty-shakin, bass-heavy beats and rhythms.

After years of development, DJ Sneak is a familiar name across the world's club circuit playing the very best venues and events. A frequent visitor to Ibiza - the island of spiritual parties and Mecca of dance music culture, Sneak has participated in several events with the best UK production companies - Ministry of Sound, Cream, Manumission, and Miss Moneypenny's to mention a few.

A favorite at United Kingdom's summer festivals (Homelands, Creamfields, T in the Park), Sneak shows no mercy on the sound systems and is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Recognized as the disco filter innovator, his productions and musical style has maintained his status as one of the Top 100 DJs in the world for 5 consecutive years. Dynamic in style - from furious banging Chicago tracks and Latin tribal beats, to disco filtered reworks of retro classics and melodic rhythms to suit your soul.

DRES

Almost every DJ comes from humble beginnings, and Dres is a perfect example of this. Born in Bogota, Colombia in 1978, Andres Escallon grew up surrounded by the sounds and rhythms of traditional Colombian Salsa, Ballenato and Bambuco. His father, an avid music collector, helped expand Dres's taste by exposing him to everything from classic rock, to punk, new wave and british synth pop. It's these sounds that helped forge Dres's love for music at a very young age.

It wasn't until college that electronic music finally made a lasting impact in Dres's life. Having been a lover of the electronic elements found in the sounds coming out of england in the early 80's (New Order, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, OMD, Information Society)...he immediately found the inviting sounds of dance music very welcome. Suddenly exposed to the culture and life that surrounded the dance music scene, Dres quickly became immerssed in the thriving Pittsburgh rave scene. Party after party gave him heavy exposure to Drum & Bass, Techno and House. It wasn't long before Dres's CD collection was filled with Mix CD's and compilations ranging from downtempo and triphop to house and two-step and trance.

Upon moving back to Boston, Dres involved himself immediately into Boston's and New York's underground club culture, and in 2000 finally invested in a set of turntables. He spent the better part of two years spinning records in his bedroom, handing out mixtapes to his friends but mainly enjoying a new hobby. In October of 2001 Dres took to the airwaves and was invited to submit mixes to a then, young Proton Radio. Later in January of 2002 Dres was offered a semi-monthly show and went on to become one of the first three original shows on Proton Radio.

His affiliation with Proton helped Dres to launch himself as a DJ in Boston, and in the summer of 2002 he landed his first premier club gig at Boston's notorious Roxy nightclub. In the following year Dres teamed up with fellow DJ's Dave Wagz and Scott MacLeod and were offered their first residency at Boston's Venu, nightclub. After a short run at Venu, Dres was approached by John Debo and invited to start a new night at the Infamous Axis nightclub, giving birth to "Square One Thursdays". His monthly sets at Square One with Dave and Scott made a huge impact on the Boston scene, and within a few short months Dres found himself playing at Avalon, having played with Ali Ajami and Sasha.

In '04 Square One came to an end but since then Dres has gone on to play successful gigs in New York City, Montreal, Miami and is a regular feature a different events in Boston. It's only been a short run but a lot has been accomplished by this young DJ. Finally getting his feet wet in production, the future looks bright for Dres.

DAN ALCALA

Dan Alcala hails from Boston but his Chilean roots would say otherwise. His love for dance music took him from attending several events at Boston's infamous Avalon and Axis, to eventually buying his own turntables and exploring the sounds he loves. Initially being captured by trance, Dan has broadened his horizons and enjoys everything from break beat, progressive, to tech house and minimal house. A unique style that blends together genres and form, will keep you on your toes and curious as to where he'll go next. After spending a year abroad in Spain, Dan returned to the U.S. with a new

determination and drive to establish himself within the higly competitive Boston nightlife scene.

Breaking ground on his own by playing such industry nights as Vertigo's Analog Lounge, and smaller underground events at Cambridge's Phoenix Landing, helped to fuel Dan's desire to make a mark on a bigger scale. In late 2005, Dan was one of two winners of the Avalon Mix Competition, which granted him an opportunity to play on Boston's biggest stage, opening for resident Eli Wilkie. Not too soon after that Dan impressed yet again by holding down a 5 hour set at Boston's only after hours club, RISE. His personality and passion for music, sets him apart from the many up & coming names in Boston. Don't be surprised to see Dan continue to make a name for himself in 2006.

Don't miss this event! It's gonna be a great night!! :bounce:

Vertigo is located at 126 State Street, Boston

10pm-2am

No Dress Code

$10 at the door

www.marzentertainment.com

www.analogloungeboston.com

I'm only going if discokitten goes.

Ah, I'm becoming popular. I (heart) DJ's.:kiss2:

Thurs nite...very tempting...

My liver needs a breather as well. Saturday was like this, from 2 pm on: wine, wine, wine...Patron shots, champagne + sushi...martini...Cap'n...

To dancing on tables (but that's a component of every night out).

i may make a special appearance once my liver gets sent fedex back to boston.

and u r one to talk alicat. where were u when team slouch started their reunion tour last thursday?

i had an interview at 7:30am last friday - and you know i can't just go to vertigo and not get wasted. i've tried many times. ESPECIALLY it being the start of the slouch reunion tour and all. i would've probably ended up in nyc with you guys.

we r taking applications. we need to mix up team slouch. we need some estrogen in the group.

now seriously, what was the intreview for silly smurf

haha ok, seroiusly. it was for a HR/recruiting job (that pays a lot more $$$). kind of like what i do now. we'll see! if i showed up to an interview the way i usually look and feel on friday morning's, i am guessing i might want to look elsewhere!

haha ok, seroiusly. it was for a HR/recruiting job (that pays a lot more $$$). kind of like what i do now. we'll see! if i showed up to an interview the way i usually look and feel on friday morning's, i am guessing i might want to look elsewhere!

good move.

being around team slouch/vertigo is not good for fridays. i was a waste of space at work. i worked for 2 minutes and slouched around the internet and cursed cornergirl for booking team slouch members on a thursday