Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which club to go!?

doxito

Hey y'all,

I'm from Germany and will be visiting LA soon. I am gonna stay for two weeks and wanna go clubbing as well. So, I searched the net and found this great site. My problem is to figure out a club to go - there are just too many. embarassed.gif

I heard of West Hollywood and Santa Monica having good clubs - is that true? I'd prefer that area as well, because I am staying there.

I love house music esp. filter, electro, tribal and mainstream house (to give you an hint: I love everything by Armand van Helden (like MyMyMy), Mylo's Drop the pressure is awesome, I like Junior Jack a lot, love The Egg's Walking Away, I adore Martin Solveig's Everybody or Jealousy and just love The Disco Boys' For you.....just to name a few songs and artists)

Well, I hope you guys can give some recomendations on where to go!? I am so hoping...... undecided.gif

The club should be affordable, can be rather gay-friendly, but does not have to be - I just like open-minded people and you happen to find those people a lot in gay-friendly areas/clubs/whatsoever, anyways. I don't care about the size of the club. I don't care about the dress code either. Just tell me about the best clubs where they play good house music.

I just wonder whether partying/clubbing in LA is different from here in Europe. So these questions might sound stupid: So you need to be 21, right!? I am 23, so this should not be the problem. When do you usually start clubbing I mean at what time - is it 11 pm or rather 2 am? (on weekeds of course)!? Does every club has a guest list or are there clubs where you can go just like that pay entrance and have a great time!?

I am so thankful for any help on that! Please can anyone help me.....!

Thank you all so much in advance!!!!

cheesy.gif

The only house club that I can think of right off the top of my head is Deep, on Sundays I believe. Many of the people in here love house, If you just look back and research some of the threads there is lots of stuff on house music. I think King King is house also:what: Crowds can differ dramatically from night to night, seems like it doesnt matter the music, although it use to... Some nights everyone is very happy and friendly, some nights there seem to be more pushy people, with ego's so big you are amazed they fit through the door, in the crowd than you'd like. As for times, most clubs open between 9-11pm, afterhours start anywhere from 2am-on. I hope that you enjoy your visit here in the city of Angeles. I am hoping to visit Munich this year for Ocktoberfest. :aright:

King King on fridays has some great break beats now.. my friend Robtronik finally started his night there.... great crowd too..

Deep on Sundays is house house house

weekends you'll find trance at the Arena and trance again at Spundae (Circus) or Avalon at the Palace...

Vanguard is putting on some good shows too on Friday nights check out their websites