Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Breakbeats at ICE???

detn8or

My question is which forefathers do you respect from 20 to 30 years before your years doing your original thing. In other words, who do you respect from the 1950s and 1960s. You know, the forefathers who created the old school before your creations became old school.

are you talking about R&B or rock n roll or just musical influences???

that list he gave you are the creators of what party rockin dj is and what hip hop culture is... those guys are where it all began. There really isn't anything before them, unless you get in to the music they took the breaks from.

My question is which forefathers do you respect from 20 to 30 years before your years doing your original thing. In other words, who do you respect from the 1950s and 1960s. You know, the forefathers who created the old school before your creations became old school.

I see what your getting at, the DJ's from 50's the 60's are people who put a record down and put the niddle on the record for radio stations nothing more, they did no mixing no scratching they were simply a record player, so trying to down grade the masters I spoke about won't work.

For a moment there I thought you wanted to learn something,but I see you are none creative apple eating widdle slut,a person that has never done anything creative in his life.

so all you can do is look for an excuse, just except it...

there are the creators and the on lookers... people who do & those that don't...

thats exactly what you are.

the don't man...

I told you i deal with facts not opinions.

No more schooling for you looser.

Go hang out with your fat cd playing freind,and keep on promoting all that bullshit you talk about.

Good buy LOOSER.

If there is anything you have accomplish,is that everyone knows you are a LOOSER...

Boy i love it when you make yourself look like an idiot...

Mr freeze

Rock steady Crew

are you talking about R&B or rock n roll or just musical influences???

that list he gave you are the creators of what party rockin dj is and what hip hop culture is... those guys are where it all began. There really isn't anything before them, unless you get in to the music they took the breaks from.

Well said.

Respect.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

Wow I was actually looking for a reason to RESPECT you.

I was hoping you would mention someone like James Brown.

To say there was nothing before Mr. Freeze and his list, displays a level of ignorance and arrogance beyond measure.

why would i mention james Brown he is an artist not a DJ.

Is that your best come back?

Looser.

It must drive you crazy that the DJ's i mentioned are all my boys, and i was right there in the Bronx in 1970 creation this increadible culture called hip hop...

That you are so desperately trying to be apart of.

i was able to see it come to life right there in front of my face, I lived it and always will,all you get is to do read about it...

I was there when cool hurk got down.was in harlem world when busy bee battled kool moe dee, witch is the biggest MC battle to date...watche dj theodore do his first scratches, saw flash battle and cut with his feet at 193 street and marian ave...I can go on for hours

You get to see lil john at OPM Yaaaaaaaya & the idiot brothers.

that shit must really drive you crazy LOOSER ..

I told you before student... all my words are facts yours are just opinions ... do you think I care if you respect me side liner?

All I can say is another fact, if we ever meet face to face, ill bet that you would never talk to me the way you do when were on this message board.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

To say there was nothing before Mr. Freeze and his list, displays a level of ignorance and arrogance beyond measure.

Im not trying to talk shit but honestly your question was really confusing. You ask him who is "forefathers" were and he broke them out.... those guys are from almost 30 years ago. before them there was no hip hop. James Brown, wasn't hip hop, he has been sampled quite a bit, but that doesn't make him hip hop. Thats like asking Led Zepplin if Mozart was there influence.

Im not trying to talk shit but honestly your question was really confusing. You ask him who is "forefathers" were and he broke them out.... those guys are from almost 30 years ago. before them there was no hip hop. James Brown, wasn't hip hop, he has been sampled quite a bit, but that doesn't make him hip hop. Thats like asking Led Zepplin if Mozart was there influence.

Detn8or, you have just lost so much credibility among anyone reading this thread who knows the first thing about R&B and Hip-Hop music. If you honestly believe James Brown is to Hip-Hop as Mozart is to Led Zeppelin, then you need to quit while youre behind.

I believe your last post and Mr. Freeze's last post just proved my point more than I could ever prove it on my own.

Detn8or, you have just lost so much credibility among anyone reading this thread who knows the first thing about R&B and Hip-Hop music. If you honestly believe James Brown is to Hip-Hop as Mozart is to Led Zeppelin, then you need to quit while youre behind.

I believe your last post and Mr. Freeze's last post just proved my point more than I could ever prove it on my own.

Oh my god you are getting served from all direction detn8or just gave it to you right up you ass.

Wow if I were you I would never return to this board, you have just been served, LOOSER...

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

I never said James Brown was not Rhythm and Blues. I said he is not hip hop.... You asked who Freezes forefathers were.... Freeze is a staple in HIP HOP CULTURE. He named his Hip Hop forefathers like you asked. Some of the most used and biggest sample in the DnB world are from James Brown, in fact one the guys from Concord Dawn has the wave form of a james brown sample tattooed on his arm... does that make him Drum n Bass too???

THERE WAS NO HIP HOP IN THE 50's AND 60's!!! it didn't exist. JUST LIKE THERE WAS NO ROCK N ROLL IN THE 20's and 30's!!!!

You still don't get it do you? By Freeze's definition, most of today's hip-hop isn't real hip-hop. Back in the late 70's I can guarantee you some people who grew up with James Brown were thinking the new stuff back then wasn't real either. So are you saying we should respect people like Freeze and his djs, but he shouldn't give that same respect to artists like James Brown who helped develop soul and R&B when Mr. Freeze was sucking his thumb? The truth is that Hip-Hop didn't ORIGINATE in the late 70s. Music styles evolve. Cultures evolve. Don't act like you solely invented something when you used someone else's blocks to build it.

You still don't get it do you? By Freeze's definition, most of today's hip-hop isn't real hip-hop. Back in the late 70's I can guarantee you some people who grew up with James Brown were thinking the new stuff back then wasn't real either. So are you saying we should respect people like Freeze and his djs, but he shouldn't give that same respect to artists like James Brown who helped develop soul and R&B when Mr. Freeze was sucking his thumb? The truth is that Hip-Hop didn't ORIGINATE in the late 70s. Music styles evolve. Cultures evolve. Don't act like you solely invented something when you used someone else's blocks to build it.

Your right Hip Hop Didn't start in the late 70"s it started in 1970.

I said one thing some time ago and that was about DJ AM and it was the truth.

How is DJ MW or CD webmaster going to prove to me that I didn't hear DJ AM play what I heard in those clubs in NY & LA...

Please explain that to me?

and cd wbmaster is without a doubt the wackes cd player on the planet...why would i mention james Brown he is an artist not a DJ.

In case you didn't read my last post to you,hear it is again...

Is that your best come back?

Looser.

It must drive you crazy that the DJ's i mentioned are all my boys, and i was right there in the Bronx in 1970 helping to create this increadible culture called hip hop...

That you are so desperately trying to be apart of.

i was able to see it come to life right there in front of my face, I lived it and always will,all you get is to do read about it...

I was there when cool hurk got down.was in harlem world when busy bee battled kool moe dee, witch is the biggest MC battle to date...watche dj theodore do his first scratches, saw flash battle and cut with his feet at 193 street and marian ave...I can go on for hours

You get to see lil john at OPM Yaaaaaaaya & the idiot brothers.

that shit must really drive you crazy LOOSER ..

I told you before student... all my words are facts yours are just opinions ... do you think I care if you respect me side liner?

All I can say is another fact, if we ever meet face to face, ill bet that you would never talk to me the way you do when were on this message board.

You are such a waste of time.... this is the last time Im clearifying shit to you....

1. Freeze never said today's hip hop is not real hip hop.... he pointed out certain people that are crap.... Im sure he will name some of today's hip hop for you that he feels is real.

2. Like I said before you asked for HIS forefathers and he gave them to you, you did not ask him who his musical influences are. Even if you did he is not a musician or a dj he is a world renown dancer.

3. Yes you should give James Brown respect for everything he did, and yes whether you like him as a person or not you should respect what Freeze and Rock Steady did for hip hop.

4. Yes Hip Hop culture was created in the 70's. and as you put it... music does evolve... some of the music out there evolved in the 70's to become Hip Hop... so it WAS born in the 70's. Or 1970 as Freeze put it, but not the 50's and 60's.

5. James Brown was the Godfather of Soul... not HIP HOP

by the way looser james brown and i are friends.

ill see if i can post some pictures of him and i,just give me a couple a days to make you look like an idiot again.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew