Clubplanet Nightlife Community

webdesigners, frickin' help me!!!!

poccnr

I am looking for a site that pretty much mirrors this one: www.djmattreid.com I have a huge array of mixsets that I would like to have available approximately one CD in length each. The purpose for this is to assist in promotions, cd's are getting expensive:laugh2: . Please let me know if you can assist in this effort. i've also started a hosting page, and need to get the ftp uploaded... belive you can help? hit me back asap...give me a quote! See everyone at Satashi's party!!! 2/3/06

Also, I seen this webpage that kind of caught my eyes as well.

http://www.templatehelp.com/aff/preview.ph...web.html&i=9142

Soaring Regards,

poccnr

i'm not a tech, but, do you need to configure your own ftp server? or are you just uploading to a server with your ftp client?

because if you have to configure a server, there is a long process and you need server software and probably help. but if you can't ftp using your client (internet explorer?), you can always try another one and see if you're successful.

2 weeks, yo! Tomiie!!! :)

i was gonna suggest make sure you are uploading to the correct directory, like one that has index or whatever .html. but it looks like you have it working, yay! :)

man, bq, you know how to work it.... :P I owe you a drink at the satshi show

man, bq, you know how to work it.... :P I owe you a drink at the satshi show

I dunno what code you are using but you can simply put a link to the mp3 file on an html page like for example www.poccnr.com/directoryname/1mp3.com. All you do is (1) ftp/upload the mp3 file to your host, remember its url address, (2) create the html page that has the link to the mp3 file, and then (3) upload the html page. When someone clicks the link a (for windows user) windows media player will pop up and begin to play the file as it downloads. If you want to embed the code to play on the page (for example in css) you can also embed the code in the page. Depending on what you are showing, you may want to put the files behind a security password wall since mp3s are in essence downloadable not streamed and a listener can procure a copy of ur sound file. Bravenet use to have simple security walls a couple years ago, they call them password gates or something.

I dunno what code you are using but you can simply put a link to the mp3 file on an html page like for example www.poccnr.com/directoryname/1mp3.com. All you do is (1) ftp/upload the mp3 file to your host, remember its url address, (2) create the html page that has the link to the mp3 file, and then (3) upload the html page. When someone clicks the link a (for windows user) windows media player will pop up and begin to play the file as it downloads. If you want to embed the code to play on the page (for example in css) you can also embed the code in the page. Depending on what you are showing, you may want to put the files behind a security password wall since mp3s are in essence downloadable not streamed and a listener can procure a copy of ur sound file. Bravenet use to have simple security walls a couple years ago, they call them password gates or something.

thanks a mil... that's what I did was insert a hyperlink to the sets hosted on my hosting site.