Clubplanet Nightlife Community

YANKEES FANS!!! can it happen?!?

Originally posted by msoprano13:

YANKEES FAN: GO FUCK YOURSELF WE WON, AND YOU WILL NEVER BEAT US, SO HOW YOU DOING!!!!

LOL - well said... Go, Yankees!!

- meli -

------------------

bubbles_06b.icobubbles_02.icobubbles_07.icobubbles_04.icobubbles_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Originally posted by h0nus:

I should remind you that the Red Sox had the best ERA in the American League last year...

this is about the red sox ERA, best in AL, last season. its from netscape sports:

"Contrary to what many think, the Red Sox pitching staff wasn't a one-man show. If Pedro Martinez's numbers are backed out, the Sox ERA rises to 4.67. That still would have ranked fourth in the AL. And it would have been good enough to beat the world champion Yankees' 4.76 ERA."

the sox did not lose any key pitchers this off season. the yanks picked up mussina. pedro, wakefield, pettite and hernandez will pitch as well (or better) than ever (while clemmens and a few others on both teams will not). it should be very interesting.

the sox out-pitched the yanks last year. they did not lose anyone key on the pitching roster. the yanks picked up a great free agent w mussina, it looks like we might have an even match up.

i just dont understand where you guys get the idea that yanks pitching lords over the AL. the yanks pitchers did not come out on top of the stats last year. they *were* key to the playoff victories and that was very important to last years championship. this year, however, i think the yanks need to worry about losing the pennant to the red sox and not even getting a chance to step it up in the playoffs. the addition of mussina merely brings the yanks *up* to the sox level of pitching.

------------------

i love music!

What a bunch of crap...go back to Boston with your worthless talk...I'll see you outside at 2am when all the bars and "clubs" close and we can talk then...

You are trying to make yourself believe that the Sox actually have a chance...well they don't...I don't care about what your stupid teams' ERA was last year...that doesn't mean shit...it all comes down to wins and losses...and the Sox don't know how to WIN and never will...that's just the way it is...too bad for you and all the other bitch ass Sox fans out there...your lives will always be miserable in October...

cwm30.gif 1918 cwm30.gif

------------------

"Up all night...sleep all day."

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

Originally posted by sirdante:

yes. it *will* happen!!!

PA-LEASE... You must not only be cracked out on E, but on every other drug known to man AND animal. Get some pitchers first and maybe the bosox can sniff second place in the AL East. Other than Pedro, you got nothin'!!!!

Yanks 4Peat!

But, I feel pity for you... all these decades of losing has affected your sense of reality

cwm31.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

I've got more girls on my tip than a human shish-ka-bob!

this is about the red sox ERA, best in AL, last season. its from netscape sports:

So that I understand this correctly, are you implying that 'best ERA' =Championship? Last I recall, that 2000 World Series championship banner flys over Yankee Stadium. You are indeed rambling and mumbling my faithful Red Sox fan. They always do that when they know it's hopeless, you know.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

alright. now i am *completely* confused.

yanks fans talk about hitting all of the time. i talk about the hard hitting core of the red sox slugging.

yanks fans want to talk pitching. we talk pitching, pointing out last years best ERA in the AL.

yanks fans want to talk pitching without pedro (which is really a stupid hypothetical-- we *do* have pedro). i talk pitching without pedro.

yanks fans want to talk about wins. i talk wins when i mention that we were a mere 2 1/2 games out of first place last season.

what do you want? i am talking about baseball right now. by now, i think we all see how important the free-agent dealing in december is to the season. its as much a part of the 2001 season as next fall's home stretch.

lets be honest. its nice to assume unchallenged dominance of your home team. however, face the hard evidence to the contrary: the red sox are the #1 contender for the pennant and, therefore, the championship. thats good for sox fans. its good for yanks fans. its good for baseball fans.

this season has all of the elements of a great drama in the making. youve got an overconfident world champion, an underestimated contender, and a rivalry older than the long running, soon to end, "curse."

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by melichacha:

LOL - well said... Go, Yankees!!

- meli -

yankees fANS ALWAYS DO IT BETTER

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Originally posted by bungee:

So that I understand this correctly, are you implying that 'best ERA' =Championship? Last I recall, that 2000 World Series championship banner flys over Yankee Stadium. You are indeed rambling and mumbling my faithful Red Sox fan. They always do that when they know it's hopeless, you know.

no. "best ERA" implies that our pitching does not "suck," does "compare," is not "nothing" without pedro, etc. i brought it up only to address the comments by yanks fans who seem to be under the impression that red sox are a poor pitching team when compared to the yanks. its fine to say the yanks pitchers rule, but its simply not true.

------------------

i love music!

no. "best ERA" implies that our pitching does not "suck," does "compare," is not "nothing" without pedro, etc. i brought it up only to address the comments by yanks fans who seem to be under the impression that red sox are a poor pitching team when compared to the yanks. its fine to say the yanks pitchers rule, but its simply not true.

That is an excellent point, statistics back you up. Do admit Yankee fans fail to state that though, statistically, it is a 'push' between the staff's, but, going head to head in pressure packed 'playoff situations' there is, in fact, NO DEBATE. Proven 4 out of 5 times, recently. In fact, Pedro no longer enjoy the 'automatic game 1 victor' status against Yanks. Slowly, Yank hitters chip at Pedro's dominance. Take it one step further. Braves are generally acknowledged as best pitching 'STAFF' in majors last 10 years, best ERA, wins, Cy Youngs, yada, yada, yada. Head to head, again, NO DEBATE. 0-2 versus Yanks in W.S. Nuff said. Bottom line? Take playoff moxie over best ERA, anyday.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

never in a million years....

fa-ged-uh-boud-it!

cwm30.gif peace out cwm30.gif

------------------

~~ TrYpDaLyTeFaNtAsTiC ~~

I scream I scream so much you know what I mean, this electric stream, my tears in league with wires and energy, my machine this is my beautiful dream dream dream, Of hurting no one, hurting no one, hurting no one, I'm hurting no one I wanna give you everything I wanna give you energy, I wanna give a good thing I wanna give you everything

-underworld

Originally posted by h0nus:

I should remind you that the Red Sox had the best ERA in the American League last year.

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/stats/alteampit.html" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/stats/alteampit.html</A>

Getting an all-star bat in the line-up is exactly what the Red Sox need to win games. Don't count out the Sox until it's all over. Although they haven't won the World Series since 1918, they have consistently been in the race.

Until its all over? It was over in October! Yankees rule and Red Sox are nothing but constant runners up...AND Nomar is a Jeter wanna be....only not as dreamy