Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJP The real deal

djbrandon

I've read these boards the last two years before my annual trip to Vegas. This year I saw all the posts from Mr. Freeze and to be honest I was put off by them. I had no plans to see him or DJP.

Now on with my story..

I was in Vegas for a DJ convention. Part of the convention was the American Disc Jockey Awards and the ADJ Hall of Fame induction. Following the awards the show showcased 3 up and coming DJ's. DJ Sticky Boots (Indiana), DJ Terry Moran (NJ Mass Area) and DJ Toad from Oxford Ohio.

I'm friends with Toad and afterwards we all went out. Somehow we ended up at Studio 54 for Eden.

Toad and I got in a few minutes ahead of the crew and while we stood there having a beer Toad says to me. Who is this DJ? Man this guy is rippin! At this point we could only hear the Music but couldn't see the DJ. So when the other guys got in we went to hire ground and for 3 hours watched DJP tear it up. It was so impressive.

Here I am with 3 guys who were just featured at the ADJ Hall of Fame ceremonies and all of them were impressed maybe in awe. After DJP was finished I went downstairs and found him. He agreed to come up and say hi to our group. He was the coolest guy, very humble and down to earth.

All of us agreed he was the best club DJ we had ever seen.

You have to see it and hear it to know what I mean.

Props to DJP.

The rest of my trip review will be in another thread soon.

I've read these boards the last two years before my annual trip to Vegas. This year I saw all the posts from Mr. Freeze and to be honest I was put off by them. I had no plans to see him or DJP.

Now on with my story..

I was in Vegas for a DJ convention. Part of the convention was the American Disc Jockey Awards and the ADJ Hall of Fame induction. Following the awards the show showcased 3 up and coming DJ's. DJ Sticky Boots (Indiana), DJ Terry Moran (NJ Mass Area) and DJ Toad from Oxford Ohio.

I'm friends with Toad and afterwards we all went out. Somehow we ended up at Studio 54 for Eden.

Toad and I got in a few minutes ahead of the crew and while we stood there having a beer Toad says to me. Who is this DJ? Man this guy is rippin! At this point we could only hear the Music but couldn't see the DJ. So when the other guys got in we went to hire ground and for 3 hours watched DJP tear it up. It was so impressive.

Here I am with 3 guys who were just featured at the ADJ Hall of Fame ceremonies and all of them were impressed maybe in awe. After DJP was finished I went downstairs and found him. He agreed to come up and say hi to our group. He was the coolest guy, very humble and down to earth.

All of us agreed he was the best club DJ we had ever seen.

You have to see it and hear it to know what I mean.

Props to DJP.

The rest of my trip review will be in another thread soon.

very well said.

The hottest spot in Vegas on a Sunday night check out slide.

The only pure real deal & only Old School Funk and Soul spot in Las Vegas.

Others claim to be real, but it takes more then a rap CD to make it a real Funk & Soul Spot

See the turn table mix Master D.J.P rip it live and direct in front of your eyes on the dance floor.

And check out VH1 Old School Honoree Mr. freeze From the world famous Rock steady crew rock It Live.

we will take any B,Boy Or DJ Challenge from anyone.

@ Tabu the Ultra Lounge

MGM

Click on flier for animated invite.

3cd70308.jpg

Mr. Freeze

Rock Steady Crew

Mr freeze

Rock steady Crew

DJ P is the real deal and so is slide!!! checked it out tonight, and whoever said it is dead has no idea what they are talking about, I got there at 230am and there were people waiting outside, and left at 330 am and there was still alot of people.

P is definitely the shit. I've got a couple of the mix albums he's released (both in his own and doubling up with someone) and saw him at Studio 54 a while back. If I wasn't so damn addicted to BE on Sundays I'd be at Slide every time...