Clubplanet Nightlife Community

X'ess Welcomes The Girls Of Delta Phi Omega!! || Gss On Saturday!!

xesschicago

Friday, March 3rd, 2006

X'ESS ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS....

SEDUCTION at CACTUS!!!

This evening, X'ESS welcomes the girls of DeltaPhiOmega Sorority to Cactus for one night of Seduction!! We will be hosting a charity event for: Asha & First Book. This will be the first ever "Literacy Through Unity" event! Come and support a great cause!!! X'ESS gives special thanks to: DePaul University and UIC!!! featuring, in the House Room:

XL | ChicagoSoundSource

As early as age 10, XL (a.k.a. Khristaan Hillard) was captured by the deep grooves and beats of the underground. Listening to the Hott Mixx 5 from his bedroom on the South Side of Chicago, he would practice his dance moves and feel the music in his soul. As the House Music movement grew, so did XL. By the age of 16, he was sneaking into the music box to watch early legends like Farley Jackmaster Funk tear up the party. This fueled an uncontrollable passion within him to take to the decks himself. In addition to various DJ’s that inspired him, XL also attributes other musical styles like R&B, Jazz, and Gospel as having deeply influenced his own sound. Over the years, XL has played at various venues throughout Chi-Town, including: Big Wig, Harry’s Velvet Room, Slicks Lounge, Copa, Bar 13, Buzz, Red No. 5, Star Gaze, Betty’s Blue Star, and Beviamo. In his own words:

“House Music first touched me through the Spirit of Dance. It was through the spirit and the vibe that made you feel like no matter what was happening in your life you always felt like you were a part of something special. That’s what influenced me to go deeper into the Movement, not just through dance, but also by playing the music; expressing back the love that was given to me through the sounds of House Music. Musically my life was affected many ways through artists such as Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Prince and Roy Ayers. I also have been inspired by turn table legends Gene Hunt (Gene, by the way, is responsible for my first major gig), Mark Grant, Dimitri From Paris and Malcolm Charles. I have been ‘in this’ for almost 20 years now and over that time have been touched by many beautiful things, beautiful people and beautiful music, and by this feel truly blessed. I hope in the next 20 years I can give back all that House Music has given me.â€

Julian Pena | X'ESS

IN THE HIP HOP ROOM: ROTATING DJs GIVING YOU THE BEST IN HIP HOP!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$3 IMPORT DRAFTS AND LEMON DROPS!!!

$5 Patron shots

$4 Red Stripe Bottles

$4 Blue Mother F*ckers

$10 ALL NIGHT WITH RSVP (ALL PROCEDES GO TO CHARITY)

RSVP HERE:

http://www.xessentertainment.com/house/list/list.php?eventID=60303

CACTUS

404 south wells

chicago, il 60607

21+ ID Required

9PM - 2AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, March 4th, 2006

X'ESS ENTERTAINMENT AND SMART CLUBBER PRESENT....

GLOBAL SOUND SATURDAYS!!

featuring....

AVEX AXIOM

The word Axiom meaning “self evident truth†has been a major aspect of what I am all about and I have instilled that ideal within myself to push forward my ideas. I like it to be interesting, funky, lifting, industrial like and driving, giving a hopeful feeling, a building suspenseful journey through the constant then and now, through the mind and soul of the curiously captivated. I am Inspired by the creativity and endless possibilities of electronic music, sub-cultures of raves, street crews, and society in general, along with being a graffiti artist until I got caught in the 90's. I train myself to mix in harmony on three tables under conditions where you may not find when someone performs on stage. I feel that making a practice session hard, I am more prepared when performing. I have played some wonderful and interesting events in the united states and abroad which include performing outdoor festivals, warehouse shows, concert events, prolific club nights, and performing at the world famous Love Parade festivals in Mexico and San Francisco. Also events pertaining to the movement festival in Detroit and the WMC in Miami. When I am in the studio I pursure to develop a unique twist of funky tough tribal sounds as well as ambient like intelligent sounds that I have always embraced ever since I was 15. I feel that with all the talented artists out there we can work together into a charteristic of what makes Electronic Music alive in today’s times and to further the aspect of what Electronic Music was made to be in the first place…..TO DANCE! THIS QUOTE I DEVELOPED WILL ALWYAS KEEP THE FIRE BURNING INSIDE OF ME: “To make use of the inaudible, audible, one must create from it’s absence. It’s absence is it’s own omnipresent existence in time and space, which is a world of sound in-it-self.â€

Commissioner Gordon | SmartClubber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPEN STOLI BAR FROM 9:00pm - 10:30pm!!

RSVP INCLUDES:

$5 BEFORE MIDNIGHT

$10 AFTER

RSVP HERE:

http://house.xessentertainment.com/list/list.php?eventID=60304

NARCISSE

710 north clark

chicago, il 60610

21 +

ID Required