Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Howells at crobar 4/7

Friday, April 7, 2006

Main Room: Danny Howells

Reed Room: Flawless Sound of crobar with Spoony D

Tommy Virtue

crobar Celebrates Russian Rob’s B-Day with Special Guest DJ Danny Howells!

Tonight, Russian Rob celebrates his Birthday with DJ Danny Howells. Danny Howells is one of the few DJs on the scene today that truly has a style of his own. He smoothly glides from dark funky house to techno to progressive while maintaining a fun sensibility. It is a sound developed through playing warm up sets, main sets, alternative sets, playing countless venues, in countless countries all over the World.Also tonight, crobar goes one step further to support the newest rising stars of the dance music world - check out the local DJ artist showcase: the Flawless Sound of crobar in the Reed Room from 10 PM to Midnight. This week’sfeatured artist is Spoony D. Don’t miss Tommy Virtue mixing it up with rock n’ roll, hip-hop, and house after the DJ showcase in the Reed Room.

$20 Advance / $30 Door

Table Reservations: 917.339.1825

For Advance Tickets Please Visit www.crobar.com

530 West 28th Street NY, NY 10001

040706.jpg

i sort of disagree with you saying that howells is hit or miss. ive been constantly going to his parties since 2002. ive been to all of his residency parties @ arc as well as roxy & cielo. ive seen him in europe too a couple of times. i will say this tho. this one time when i was expecting more from him was when he "opened" up for DT @ the roxy in september 03. that was the only time i was sort of disapointed but my best guess was that he didnt play to his full capacity out of respect for DT who picked up things where howells left off. i felt like it was more of a warmup set for DT. howells is one of those djs who needs the whole night to himself in order to deliver a complete banging set.

i sort of disagree with you saying that howells is hit or miss. ive been constantly going to his parties since 2002. ive been to all of his residency parties @ arc as well as roxy & cielo. ive seen him in europe too a couple of times. i will say this tho. this one time when i was expecting more from him was when he "opened" up for DT @ the roxy in september 03. that was the only time i was sort of disapointed but my best guess was that he didnt play to his full capacity out of respect for DT who picked up things where howells left off. i felt like it was more of a warmup set for DT. howells is one of those djs who needs the whole night to himself in order to deliver a complete banging set.

The 1st time he was at spirit, he was absolutley amazing, the 2nd time no joke I think he played like 4 good tracks