Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you remember how hot the parties were back in the day?

How about classic hot spots such as Xenon, The fun House, Redzone, Paradise Garage, The World, The Building, Sound factory bar, Elegante, etc.

Well its time to bring that old skool party vibe back.

No more guest-lists!

No more expensive covers!

No more pretentious attitudes!

Just diverse, beautiful, party-people having an all out good time!!!

Fridays

Mompou tapas- wine bar - lounge

77 Ferry st

newark, nj (ironbound section)

973-578-8114

resident dj: manny d

deep & soulful dance music/disco/classic r&b/soul/latin grooves/afrobeat

Downstairs lounge now opened for the non smokers

10pm

no cover

I may not have been around in those days but i do know all about them. As well as many of the people from that era are stil partying it up. Checkj nout 718 sessions, sacred rhythm, deepspace,shelter sats, melting pot, temple sundays in brooklyn, aint nutthign bu a house party,dat party. There all there and who knows where else, good luck with this party though.

How about classic hot spots such as Xenon, The fun House, Redzone, Paradise Garage, The World, The Building, Sound factory bar, Elegante, etc.

Well its time to bring that old skool party vibe back.

No more guest-lists!

No more expensive covers!

No more pretentious attitudes!

Just diverse, beautiful, party-people having an all out good time!!!

Friday March 17th

Mompou tapas- wine bar - lounge

77 Ferry st

newark, nj (ironbound section)

973-578-8114

resident dj: manny d

deep & soulful dance music/disco/classic r&b/soul/latin grooves/afrobeat

Downstairs lounge now opened for the non smokers

10pm

no cover

You still have to add Palladium, LimeLyte, TWILO, CLUB USA, Tunnel..to me thats back in the day, but good luck to your party cause im from Newark too.

Victor Soto

You still have to add Palladium, LimeLyte, TWILO, CLUB USA, Tunnel..to me thats back in the day, but good luck to your party cause im from Newark too.

Victor Soto

With all respect to you v soto. Those clubs you name are back in the day for you but the clubs hes talking about are the ones b4 yours, also totally different crowd and concept and music behind them.

bleh, club nights always sucked, now the old raves were off the hook! :spin2:

i agree.. i was actually talking to my boyfriend about this the other day. people are constantly complaining about how the scene is dead etc. etc. or whatever it is they say now... when all i can remember, at least when i was partying in the late 90's, that club nights did suck. The music wasn't that great and the genre's weren't as developed and musically oriented as they are now. what mattered then was the party, the vibe, the energy, the show. we came to the conlcusion that is was sasha and digweed's party at twilo that flipped the scene around, in terms of paying attention to good music, you can agree or disagree with me here, i don't care, i may be wrong. i was also going to raves and that to me was way more of an experience whole heartedly than any club night.

i agree.. i was actually talking to my boyfriend about this the other day. people are constantly complaining about how the scene is dead etc. etc. or whatever it is they say now... when all i can remember, at least when i was partying in the late 90's, that club nights did suck. The music wasn't that great and the genre's weren't as developed and musically oriented as they are now. what mattered then was the party, the vibe, the energy, the show. we came to the conlcusion that is was sasha and digweed's party at twilo that flipped the scene around, in terms of paying attention to good music, you can agree or disagree with me here, i don't care, i may be wrong. i was also going to raves and that to me was way more of an experience whole heartedly than any club night.

Just have to give it up to twilo, the lines infront of that club were for the DJ .. tunnel, limelight and the rest were all about the party and the nuttiness ...

eitherway, its the past and it will never be the same and trying to promote a party that is starting by saying its going to be like the old skool. to do that is just shitty. If your party did have that old skool vibe it would get its exposure on its own.

just remember to vote another republican in to office again so we can completely killl new york nightlife!!!

Guest onisakura
Yo i remember the party back way back on 3/11/06 at a place called crobar it was a great time back then. Can we please stop dwelling on the past

I totally agree.

Yo i remember the party back way back on 3/11/06 at a place called crobar it was a great time back then. Can we please stop dwelling on the past

OMG i was there to. Ohh boy i remember those days!! The coke was so pure and sex without a condom was considered safe. Oh where do the times go?

hahahahaha