Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 3/16/06

weyes

if one is past age 6 and still needs to sing the alphabet quietly to oneself in order to figure out the order of the letters, one needs to seriously examine one's own education and/or connection with the real world :shaky: .

tune in tomorrow.

Hey missy:hey: ...listen here. i did that very thing well through my adolesence, partially because I am dyslexic to this day d, b, j, s, e, and 3's drive me crazy!!!! I also had a speech impediment, christ! it is amazing I didnt ride the little yellow bus. But one should never assume about the intellegence reflected in this action. I was the prez of my class in college, and had a 3.5 gpa, in math and science. I believe that I have overcome many obstacles and stigma in my lifetime. ( sorry it's a tender subject... but you still my friend :) ):love:

sorry, sancib; perhaps i should've raised the age in that post and explained more clearly that i see full grown adults singing aloud. that's what disturbs me, i guess.

but learning disabilities are not what i'm talking about. i had a 20-year-old ex who couldn't spell "california," even though that's where he was born, raised, and always lived. even if someone is a bad speller, there are words that s/he can specfically work on or memorize, if they are going to come up often in his/her life. for instance, when i was llittle, i could never remember if my dad's name was spelled "michael" or "micheal." the way i remembered it was that he wasn't that great a guy, so he didn't "heal," and i therefore would spell it the other way. lots of things just take effort.

i am known for getting lost and not knowing where i am a lot of the time. i have accepted this as a flaw of mine, but at the same time i'm really working on it. i put a map on my wall and i'm getting a sense of where everything is. that's what i was trying to get at, here. i was not at all talking about people with disabilities, handicaps, or anything like that. i guess what i'm talking about are people who use metaphorical "crutches" instead of trying to learn. please don't misunderstand me, sancib :hey: ; that's not at all what i meant :) .

Thanx Pal :love: Sometimes it's hard to communicate all your feelings in print, my statement was implied with love. Your a cool chica, anyone who can keep up such great repotuare, and quick wit with me is all right buddy:aright:

Thanx Pal :love: Sometimes it's hard to communicate all your feelings in print, my statement was implied with love. Your a cool chica, anyone who can keep up such great repotuare, and quick wit with me is all right buddy:aright:

:heart: you're good peeps too, sancib. we'll meet at spundae one of these days!