Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why doesn't DJ Ziggy have a residency?

So I left Crobar at around 6:30 because the crowd sucked ass, and the music was really subpar for Deep Dish. The highlight was a remix of "My Girl Wants to Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy that was looped for what seems like an hour or so.

Went to Gypsy Tea a little disappointed. Granted, it was a typical Gypsy afterhours crowd (not too many beautiful people), but DJ Ziggy played one of the best sets literally I've ever heard. Bomb after bomb for hours. He played Silence, Time, Shelter, Work this Pussy, Washing Machine, Every Time I Close My Eyes, House Music All Night Long, honestly, it was at least as good as any set ever played at Factory. Everyone who was there said the same thing(most know the difference between a good set and shit).

Also, when Ziggy was in the White Room, he was always so consistent with his sets. I never walked out disappointed. He played better than the last 20 times I've seen JP. He kills Boris. His set was far better than Deep Dish the last 3 times I've seen them.

Somebody should give him a residency (even at a cracked out afterhours or something).

I've gotta agree with you on this one, Ziggy is always on-point I was thinking the same thing, he's always playing the smaller rooms or opens for another DJ, I dont remember hearing crap from any of his sets in the last 2-3 yrs, some shit he drops is ridiculous

wow... time goes by so frickin fast

i remember dj ziggy from arc. i always used to see him over there. this one time we started talking, he introduced himself and told me that hes a dj from staten island hoping to make it big and i asked him how old was he. i dont remember exacty what he said but something along the lines of 15 16 and i was like wow. he knew tons of industry people over there. he got me into the booth and we took some pictures with lee burridge. this was the time when spektrum - kinda new ( tiefschwarz ) came out and everybody wanted to get their hands on that new bomb. i remember burridge played it and i asked lee what the name of that track is. he said he doesnt know the name but the artist is spektrum. then i asked ziggy and he told me its named kinda new and even sent it to me the next day. awesome guy. he even had a couple of shows on proton. great track selection. i will definitely come and show my support if he gets a bigger gig somewhere.

i remember dj ziggy from arc. i always used to see him over there. this one time we started talking, he introduced himself and told me that hes a dj from staten island hoping to make it big and i asked him how old was he. i dont remember exacty what he said but something along the lines of 15 16 and i was like wow. he knew tons of industry people over there. he got me into the booth and we took some pictures with lee burridge. this was the time when spektrum - kinda new ( tiefschwarz ) came out and everybody wanted to get their hands on that new bomb. i remember burridge played it and i asked lee what the name of that track is. he said he doesnt know the name but the artist is spektrum. then i asked ziggy and he told me its named kinda new and even sent it to me the next day. awesome guy. he even had a couple of shows on proton. great track selection. i will definitely come and show my support if he gets a bigger gig somewhere.

15 or 16....damn he must have been dancing at factory at the tender age of 9.

DEFINITELY thinking of the wrong person

lol

it was at least as good as any set ever played at Factory

Ziggy is a good dj, but can we get serious for a second here?

Looking at that tracklisting, and making a comment like you just did, makes me laugh.

Wanna talk about djs that don't have a residency, lets talk about someone like Danny Tenaglia. Again, nothing against Ziggy, but please.

Looking at that tracklisting, and making a comment like you just did, makes me laugh.

Wanna talk about djs that don't have a residency, lets talk about someone like Danny Tenaglia. Again, nothing against Ziggy, but please.

I don't think Danny wants a residency in NYC @ this time...

you my friend, should have saved that comment....... a waste of a post IMO

You're thinking of DJ Iggy Z...