Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roseland Goodbaye

Ok here is all the Skinny I gathered:

I visited www.RoselandBallroom.com, On the main page it says "Roseland Ballroom has just completed a $2.5 million dollar renovation" , why would the close a building they just restored? Maybe it’s a Rumor made by Roseland to increase biz? I then called the Irving Plaza Box office (they handle all ticket info for Roseland) @ 212-777-6800. The operator guy picked up and I asked him if Roseland was closing at the end of the year, he said "It's already the end of the year. It'll be closing, but not at the end of the year."

I asked "Do you know when it'll be closing"

He said "All the show will play out no cancellations, I don't know of the date first hand"

Click...

So what is the real story?

Dan

------------------

"You all laugh at me becasue I'm differant, I laugh at you because your all the same."

I'm writing this email to ask who has gone to Roseland and share some of your many stories. It'll be closing it's door this mo, the last gig that is ment to play is Brass Monkey on this Sat.

Here all little story that I'sd like to tell:

Last Monday Me and my Brother Nathan where going to see MxPx/Offspring playing down at Roseland Ballroom. The doors opened at 7:30, but it was too cold for me to run out the door a wait in that long ass line. So I had 2 drinks, my brother had a few beers and then drank tea cup full of sake. I warned him that it was going to be the smart thing to do. Well he drank down a little bit at first and mixed the remaining Sake with coke-cola. We arrived inside Roseland around 8, MxPx was on stage playing the melodies of _PUNK ROCK_, the crowd was claim and not too many people moshing. Once they finished up Offspring came on we both moved closer to stage. A bunch of small and large circle pits began to form. I didn't go into the main moshing area because I had hurt my leg at Face to Face a mo or two ago, and am waiting for knee surgery, But Nathan ran in fist in the air into the fun that is the pit smile.gif Well around the 6th song Nathan comes running out of a large circle pit holding his mouth. I was on the rims of a circle pit bouncing along. My first reaction was he was bleeding from the mouth or nose. I followed him out of the pit. Right before he reached safety he removed his hand from his mouth and puked. In his way was a young puke girl, her eyes glazed over like a deer in headlight. She tried to dough the on coming vomit but it was to late. Nathan didn't stop to apologize, I was laughing so hard I almost fell on the floor crying. I'm going to miss Roseland alot

Dan

------------------

"You all laugh at me becasue I'm differant, I laugh at you because your all the same."

I've hear this form many many sources that Roseland is closing and the last party is ment to be Bass Monkey. The are going to knock it down and build a parking lot I think.

cwm3.gif

------------------

I heard the same story since last year,first parking lot and now highrise apartment building.According to some of the residents around that area want Roseland,its a Landmark.From what I was told the community board are against Roseland being demolished.This will be one hell of a battle.

------------------

13 wild years of Junior Vasquez!!! DROP A HOUSE ON THAT BITCH!!!