Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spirit.... dead?

What's up with this place. Only parties i go r usually madeevents and danny T but even that is limited... I like the space and the darkness of the club a lot and the sound is much better for those of u that have not been there the past 2-3 months. Does it have a future? would made-events keep on having parties? They should make them 21+. Good djs from europe and round the world and a huge 18 year old crowed. why? I am looking forward for the mauro picotto danny t on april, sgould be interesting

SPIRIT is to me the best big room in nyc. SOUND,DARK, and SIZE is perfect plus its such a legenday space and depending on what era your from you will either think 27th street is the house of TWILO, or if your much older and know better will know that its the house that junior vasquez built,SOUNDFACTORY.

Anyhow i know on sun they have a great party but its a gay party run by john blair i believe. I heard they were gonna start doing house again there on fri and sats but still nothing has happened.

yeah that's pretty sad imo. such a great (and legendary) venue and so poorly managed.

I think that when people compare a new club with an old one, it is a bit odd. Just because a legendary club once existed there doesn't mean that if/when it reopens as a new name that it will be the same or better. When a club closes and the old DJ's leave it, and a new owner comes in, with new promoters, etc., it is now an entirely different animal. The Sound Factory is no longer there and neither is Twilo so put them to rest. There's still a church that's a club that was once called LimeLight that I frequented quite often back in da' day but you know what?; I've never been to Avalon. I used to love going to the Palladium but I've never been to the NYU dorms in there. You get the idea?

The club on 27th is called Spirit and that's what it is so just don't expect the old days of yore to be rekindled there anytime soon. New name=new owners=whole new experience.