Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How do like for you DJ to play when you go to one thier parties?

Do you want them to just bang it out a whole night or like me do you prefer a small musical journey or sometimes if your lucky a nice long musical set (8+ hrs).

Cause i think any dj can play all the "BOMBS" all night long and a certain tempo to keep people moving. But i think thats what alienates and keeps alot of fans close minded when it comes to house music. Cause now all they want is boom boom boom, and some people are on drugs and well they need the faster harder stuff from begining to end just to keep up with thier own high and it becomes less about the music.

But i think a great great dj can take you on a journey of musical bliss. Different styles and tempos and eras of dance music is magic, and not every dj can do that.

What do you guys and gals think?

An evolving set keeps me interested. I can't hear pots and pans all night, but I can take a few hours of it, I can't take electro all night, but I can take a few hours of that.

What I really like is how the DJ will progess into different styles without me telling, oh, now it's tribal, oh, it just switched into tech house. Finding those "transfer" tracks and playing those while moving to a different part of the journey is what I like.

As far as the bombs, a DJ friend of mine once said. "Think it like you're having sex, You don't want to blow your load in the first hour of the show"

def. when a dj takes you on a trip, and starts off with more relaxed stuff and keeps building up to harder nastier stuff, and also great djs must have a wide spectrum of styles, have a few tricks up their sleeves and teasing certain big tracks is def a plus too

As far as the bombs, a DJ friend of mine once said. "Think it like you're having sex, You don't want to blow your load in the first hour of the show"

Along those same lines, the crowd is like a woman. They are all different and what works for one might not work for another. You gotta find out what she likes. Find out where she likes to be touched and what kind of pace she likes to go at. You gotta tease her, work her up. Foreplay is key. She'll get bored if you just POUND away for 4 hours.