Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can't stop travellin', can't stop clubbin'...

f725f81cd.jpg

People...

I'm going to be visiting NYC from April 5th to April 11th (can't believe I missed fucking Sasha and Digweed) and I'd like a local's opinion on where the best places to clubbing go are

What I'm looking for:

Deep House, Micro House, Drum and Bass, Jungle, Hardstep, Trance

Pay my money, enter club, people getting fucked up and dancing 'till the break of dawn..

What I'm not looking for:

Posers standing behind a velvet rope for half the night trying to be noticed to get into a overrated club, pay for overpriced drinks, bouncers all over your shit and people not even dancing...

Any suggestions...?

You would have found what your looking for in new york 10 years ago. But not nowadays. Try Europe

Thats very constructive!

hrrrm, lets see, next week you've got a few options

March 31st-April 6th

Sasha & Digweed--- Friday 03/31/06--- Crobar (NYC)

Sven Vath--- Friday 03/31/06--- Pacha (NYC)

Carl Cox--- Saturday 04/01/06--- Crobar (NYC)

Angel Morales--- Saturday 04/01/06--- Pacha (NYC)

Danny Howells --- Friday 04/07/06--- Crobar (NYC)

Lee Burridge --- Friday 04/07/06--- Cielo (NYC)

Erick Morillo --- Friday 04/07/06--- Pacha (NYC)

DJ Boris --- Saturday 04/08/06--- Crobar (NYC)

thats the mainstream stuff

DIRECT DRIVE Presents:

Saturday, April 1st:

SHIMON (RAM RECORDINGS | UK)

shimon.jpg

As one third of RAM records mighty Ram Trilogy, Shimon is responsible for many massive tracks such as “No Reality”, “Body Rock”, which went to #28 on the UK National Charts, “the Titan EP”, and “the Screener EP”. His debut track, Predator remains a classic in the hearts of true DnB enthusiasts to this day. In 1995 he caught the full attention of Ram Records Label-owner Andy C, resulting in collaboration and arguable on of the most popular DnB 12”s of all time: “Quest”. With another huge track “Recharge” which was included on Ram’s first label compilation “the Speed of Sound”, Shimon has continues to impress with remixes of tunes for heavy-hitters such as Zinc, Dillinja, and Hype. With a solo album penciled in for mid 2006 and various projects and collaborations keeping him busy, Shimon continues to push the sounds of DnB all over the world.

CHRIS THOMAS of the Burner Brothers (Direct Drive | Burner Brothers)

ct.jpg

The NYC metro area DJ/Production trio of DJ Wally aka Pish Posh (Queens), DJ Seen (New Jersey), and Chris Thomas (Brooklyn) has successfully collaborated on drum'n'bass tunes since 1998. Pish Posh was a front-runner amongst American producers of both jungle (Up Jumps the Boogie, Indoor Storm LPs & various 12's on Rawkuts), and downtempo/trip-hop styles (Genetic Flaw, Stoned Ranger Rydes Again LPs on Liquid Sky, releases on Ubiquity), while DJ Seen and Chris Thomas made their name DJing at NYC's finest drum'n'bass nights and raves. Mutual respect led to smoked-out studio sessions, knowledge exchange, and numerous releases as the Burner Brothers. Wally and Seen's A&R/Managing roles at Rawkuts (the defunct drum'n'bass imprint of Rawkus), Seen's new label, and years of dedication keeps them stocked with kindred producers' newest sounds to rock alongside a deep arsenal of their Burner Brothers and solo joints. In addition to touring, residency at NYC's standout Direct Drive parties exemplifies their heavyweight ability as crowd-pleasing DJs. Bringing that inspired feeling back to the studio, the Burner Brother approach is simple: "It starts with the drums... pack a bowl, add bass and atmosphere!" Keeping their breaks intricate and running, energy pulses through distinct soundscapes with the dance floor in mind. From twisted scorchers to sexy rollers -- Pish Posh, Chris Thomas, and DJ Seen each bring their unique taste and production skills to a tune before "It's a wrap!" as a Burner Brother production.

Dj Still (Direct Drive)

djstill.jpg

A practitioner of mixing the drum & bass sound since 1994. Dj Still has played events all over the country including Baltimore, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Wisconsin, Mississippi, New Mexico, and even Idaho. Playing alongside some of his inspirations and the great talents of dj’s such as, DB, Dara, Delmar, Odi, Dieselboy, JuJu, UFO!, Siren, Dj Trace, Technical Itch, Usual Suspects, Stakka, Skynet, Dj Rap, Bailey, High Contrast, Tony Coleman, Pieter K, Total Science, Storm, Randall, Dj Craze and more. Now a resident DJ at Direct Drive, Dj Still is a force to be reckoned with. Keep your eyes and ears open as Dj Still continues to enthusiastically spread the infinitely progressive sound of drum & bass worldwide!

Downstairs: DUBSTEP

Jaggi (Direct Drive | Ohm Resistance | Jungletrain.net)

Selector Moldy (Heavy Pressure | Offshore | Thermal | Counter Intelligence)

Seckle (Soulfire)

D-Rawk (EC Army)

Direct Drive is a Jungle Drum & Bass party that is held in the Lower East Side and has been a staple in the NYC dance scene 7 years. Hosted each Saturday by DJ Seoul, this weekly event showcases the finest talent from all points around the globe. Downstairs features Rock, Hip Hop, Disco and everything under the sun.

Venue: ROTHKO - 116 Suffolk Street (Lower East Side)

116 Suffolk St btwn Delancey + Rivington

subways: F J M M Z to Delancey

Doors open 10pm to 4am

$3 drafts until midnight

21+ bring ID

Ticket and RSVP @ www.directdrive.net - $13.00, more at door

LOLFRONT.jpg

LOLF.jpg

April 1 2005

Synergy Industries presents

L.AUGH O.UT L.OUD - A NYC April Fool's Day event

SPACE GIRL

(spacegirlmusic.com Moscow)

The Queen of acid trance returns to NYC to headline another Synergy event. Since she first played a Synergy event in 1998, Yana AKA Space Girl, has been an overwhelming crowd favorite at our events. Prepare for her world renown live performance to once again captivate the audience with classics such as "dream your dreams, "ectasy" and "percussive flash" plus many more.

THE PUNISHER

(Nocturnal Sounds Detroit)

Making her first major NYC performance in years, Synergy reintroduces One of the nation's top techno talents. We first debuted her to NYC at "Discipline" in 1999 , where the Detroit Techno baroness made her initial mark in NYC. Now she returns to unleash her relentless pumping techno for this rare appearance. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorn'd.

PLEASUREHEAD

DJ DELIRIUM

DJ ODI

DJ HAVOK

RALPHIE C of The Holy Rollerz

AC SLATER

RITALIN

PINKY & THE BRAIN

WIT?

HOW HARD (Special B-day set)

PSYCHLE

CYPHA

ADAM ZARR

VIRTUE

HELLSTORM

ADAM SHIELDS

BLOWOUT

SPECIAL DELIVERY

THE HOOK

18 commerce st brooklyn ny

2 floors of bangin sound and lights with huge outdoor patio. This will be a fully themed event with decor and more suprises.

$15 presale until march 28

$20 after $25 at door

18+ to enter

21+ to drink

8pm - 5am

Future Synergy events:

Summer event TBA

10/28/06 - Synergy's 3rd Annual Halloween event!

WWW.SYNERGYNYC.NET

tickets:

www.synergnyc.net -Reduced service charge

www.*************.com

e-mail contact : Synergypro@aol.com

When is Shelter going to open again?

Also, April 7 at the Union Square Ballroom is the "Aien't Nothin' But A House Party" party (Marlon D and Jellybean Benetiz). Best night in the city in my opinion if you you are looking for deep house. Nice venue, reasonable drinks, cheep cover ($10 I think), no waiting in line, always packed, not really a dress code (sneaks, jeans and a tee shirt and a hat are fine), people from all walks of life. Oh yeah, the music is pretty good too. haha

9mile, robbiewoodside..thanks much for the scoop!

I've got my hands full as far as options are concerned now!

That Union Square Ballroom party sounds right up my alley...not really into the hipster/yuppie/see-and-be-seen thing...just like to get fucked up and dance my ass off!

Well im throwing a party on fri the 7th at a lounge in the lower east side called TUTS but im a dancer and my parties is about dancing and sweating to good beats. So yeah you will find some peeps just chilling but then you will have the dancers goin till they cant move no more.

tuts0to.png

I would say on sat the 8th go to either PACHA for MANNY FREYTES, BASHAR, LUCCA RICCI,JAIMY in the main room, or CIELO for TEDD PATTERSON.

Sun the 9th i would say go to 718 SESSIONS at DEEP for DANNY KRIVITS BDAY PARTY, that to me is the best party of the month people from 20-50 dancing till thers no tomorrow, similar crowd to aint nothing but a house party. And that party is from 6pm till 1am.

SHELTER gonna open in 3 weeks finally, well hope you find what your looking for. Maybe see you at one of the parties i mentioned.

Where is Sully...? Can't find a webpage for it or anything...

218 sullivan street between bleecker and west 3rd streets. Should be fun and i would be there if it wasnt for my own party at 196 Orchard street ata lounge called TUTS. Its free so come thru if ya like b4 hand or after. Musically it will be deephouse,tribal,percussion driven house beats.