Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carlos Beltran

you think keeping him in the 3 hole is a good idea?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. you think keeping him in the 3 hole is a good idea?

• sure why not...he will be fine, it's still early
    • move him to the 2 spot where he will be more comfortable with less pressure
    • push him down to 6th the way he's been producing
    • who the fuck makes polls in the sports forum...kill yourself

my bad...

voted :)

NY is a tough place to come to...your level of performance must be better than it was where you came from...everyone knows this...and ppl try harder than they need to...i say he will be fine and will be the beltran mets fans thought they got but havent seen yet...

honestly im getting sick of hearing this "ny is a tough place to play" shit. bottom line is beltran is no more than a .260 hitter who is capable of 20-25hr's (at shea) and 30 SB's. ihonestly beliee that the only number that will improve from last year is SB's. maybe RBI

honestly im getting sick of hearing this "ny is a tough place to play" shit. bottom line is beltran is no more than a .260 hitter who is capable of 20-25hr's (at shea) and 30 SB's. ihonestly beliee that the only number that will improve from last year is SB's. maybe RBI

You don't find any truth to NY being a tough place to play? And I agree that his numbers might not be the same playing at shea which is why I think it is even more of a reason to move him to the 2 spot. I think it might take some pressure off of him to put up those huge power numbers and can maybe get him playing like he use to. Again, I know it is only 2 games in to the season and who knows maybe he will break out and put up 30/30 but it's something to keep an eye on. I also feel like David Wright is a better hitter then Beltran and would be just fine batting 3rd.

You don't find any truth to NY being a tough place to play? And I agree that his numbers might not be the same playing at shea which is why I think it is even more of a reason to move him to the 2 spot. I think it might take some pressure off of him to put up those huge power numbers and can maybe get him playing like he use to. Again, I know it is only 2 games in to the season and who knows maybe he will break out and put up 30/30 but it's something to keep an eye on. I also feel like David Wright is a better hitter then Beltran and would be just fine batting 3rd.

yeah i do believe it can be a difficult place to play but how do you explain sooooo many FA'a and rookies that actually can play in NY? its only a select few that cannot hack it. people were saying before he signed that he may have a difficult time in NY because hes only played in small markets. so then why did the Mets go ahead and give him 119 million? i guess thats a different question but regardlesss...

what if moving him to the 2 slot hurts his confidence and his games slips even further? i dont know we can speculate all day but in the end someone has to admit that the mets simply overpaid for a player that may never even become a 25-25 player

I personally think that what he did was childish.... I don't have a good feeling about what happened

They should move him to # 2 spot

Right, and Mets fans haven't been acting childish...Maliciously booing him right from the first game of the season.

Beltran had every right to do that...can't blame him. it'll be interesting to see what kind of reaction he gets tonight.

how do you figure? guys a sensitive prick...not saying i agreed with booing him cause I don't. I was at the home opener and didn't boo him once but at the same time it's fucking NY so man the fuck up. he hasn't been productive and the fans have been waiting for him to do something...when he finally does he goes and disrespects the fans...fuck that pussy shit earn my respect you fucking pussy...how bout going on a 3 game tear to get the fans behind him...pussy mother fucker better shape the fuck up or he won't last...he better pray Delgado picks him up all year

how do you figure? guys a sensitive prick...not saying i agreed with booing him cause I don't. I was at the home opener and didn't boo him once but at the same time it's fucking NY so man the fuck up. he hasn't been productive and the fans have been waiting for him to do something...when he finally does he goes and disrespects the fans...fuck that pussy shit earn my respect you fucking pussy...how bout going on a 3 game tear to get the fans behind him...pussy mother fucker better shape the fuck up or he won't last...he better pray Delgado picks him up all year

The Mets overpaid for a guy who is a complementary player at best....there was WAY too much pressure on the guy. Remember when Bonilla first came and hit 2HR's his first home game at Shea? Remember how that all turned out?

The fans have every right to boo, but he has every right to do that as well. Fans are entitled to boo and Carlos is entitled to not come out for a curtain call. NY fans are so damn fickle - Yankee fans booed Mariano early last season - how fuckin garbage was that?

I'm just saying that Beltran is 100% healthy and has a better/deeper lineup than last year. If Willie can com to his senses and bat him 2nd, he'll be fine.

It's only 4 games into the season.