Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The HISTORY of HOUSE MUSIC, 3 part video series online

this has nothing to do with me this is for everybody and yet look at all the responses this thread has had,not much. Sad this has nothing to do with only what some of ya thinkg Im only into musicall. This has evey type of dj in it talking about the history, from louie vega to carl cox to marshall jefferson to paul oakenfold, just check i tout.

I was a bit disappointed to not see anything about Shelter, Body & Soul and Be Yourself at Vinyl. These were slices of history that defined New York's house scene. :(

Vinyl.bmp

:D

I was a bit disappointed to not see anything about Shelter, Body & Soul and Be Yourself at Vinyl. These were slices of history that defined New York's house scene. :(

Vinyl.bmp

:D

How about no talk of soundfactory 27th street and soundfactory bar, red zone, the saint,etc.

That was some of my grief with it it was a english documentary so once they got to london in pt 2 they forgot what was happening in nyc and chicago in this doc. Sadly maybe one day a real ENTIRE house ,usic doc will be made.

How about no talk of soundfactory 27th street and soundfactory bar, red zone, the saint,etc.

That was some of my grief with it it was a english documentary so once they got to london in pt 2 they forgot what was happening in nyc and chicago in this doc. Sadly maybe one day a real ENTIRE house ,usic doc will be made.

I know you're a househead but if you haven't watched Maestro, go get it! :D

I know you're a househead but if you haven't watched Maestro, go get it! :D

Dont worry i have it, a brand new dvd came out called THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS which is basically the chicago version of maestro.

Also i suggest you or anyone else curious about the history of this culture:

LOVE SAVES THE DAY by TIM LAWRENCE

KEEP ON DANCING MY LIFE AND THE PARADISE GARAGE by MEL CHEREN

LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIVE by ??? cant remember right now

YOU BETTER WORK -KAI FLETSCHER(i think thats how its spell)

Rough Guide to house music is also very good, and a bunch of other websites.

• 2 months later...