Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2007 BMW 3 Series

Is it twin or just one, I believe it only said one.

Rather odd I find for BMW to turbo charge a car. They've been very against anything but NA for awhile. Also considering they dont use any forced induction systems on their M series, and go for large motors. Perhaps a sign of the times. Interesting how you cant buy a Z series or a Rotrary with a turbo anymore, but you can now in a 3 series. Anyone else have any take on this?

Keough

its def twin you can see the 2 wastegate actuators.

"Then there’s the power – 300 horses worth of twin-turbo power.

Just like any other BMW, the all-new 3 Series Coupe is outfitted to provide an exhilarating drive. Under the hood of the 335i Coupe is an inline 6-cylinder engine with high precision injection and twin-turbo chargers, giving you 300 horses of heart-pounding power and class-leading 300 ft. lbs. of torque".

Is it twin or just one, I believe it only said one.

Rather odd I find for BMW to turbo charge a car. They've been very against anything but NA for awhile. Also considering they dont use any forced induction systems on their M series, and go for large motors. Perhaps a sign of the times. Interesting how you cant buy a Z series or a Rotrary with a turbo anymore, but you can now in a 3 series. Anyone else have any take on this?

Keough

its an inexpensive and quick way to boost power. i have a feeling that BMW was feeling outgunned from the Infiniti G35 and the Lexus IS350.

i wonder what BMW is going to do for the M3 :eek:

I didnt eventhink about the M3, till I called my freind yesterday to tell him about the new 3. Then I was like, oh shit, if the 3 was pushing 333 NA to the rear, whats the new M3 going to hold? Also, they used to show spy pictures of the M5, with what looked like a front mount but was brushed off as an oversized radiator. Should deff eb interesting to see.