Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sand Bar: Horrible Bartender, Promoters

Too hot, So crowded!!!

The Sand Bar staff was not prepared for opening night!!!! I have been in this business for nearly 10 years and I have never seen an opening night run like this! Adam and Bill had that place running smoooooth! The party was a mess, beginning with the promoters and ending with the horrible service at the bar. Your promoters should be a little nicer to the people who are making them money!!!!

Credit to Joey and Vic at the bar!!! They were the only bartenders who actually knew what they were doing! I understand the place was overcrowded, but bartenders in a club should be able to take more than one drink order at a time ( and then ask you to repeat it! ). Your bartenders need more experience than just a certificate from bartending school!!! The girls seemed like they didn't even want to be there.

Smile a little, Have a little fun...your working at a hot bar for the summer!

Too hot, So crowded!!!

The Sand Bar staff was not prepared for opening night!!!! I have been in this business for nearly 10 years and I have never seen an opening night run like this!

10 years huh. List your accomplishments then cuz i am sure the 2 main promoters have accomplished more in 1 year then you have in your 10 years in the buisness.

And if you were sooo good, why wouldn't sandbar have offered you the spot for the summer

Time to chime. Let me first start with not being ready for a grand opening. Its the biggest grand opening ever at Sandbar there were over 3100 people there and I dont think anyone waited over 20 minutes to get in. Not bad for that many people filitering in at one time. Hard to prep for 3100 people. Sorry if your 10 yrs of experience wpuld have handled things different. It sounds like you are just someone who is bitter because u might have been someone in Adam & Bill's world but you are a no one in my world or Tommy's world and you waited longer then you thought you would. I am sorry next time introduce yourself because I think I know everyone that has been in the business for 10 yrs and I made sure those people got in. Regarding our bar staff I think you really need a clue. Every bartneder that was working that nite inside and out work major venues like Deko, 118 and Joeys all winter and are used to working major crowds. Some of them also work down the shore too all summer. They are the best of the best. if you dont think so find me a bartender other then maybe a couple at djais and George from Studio 4 that would pull their weight. I am very happy with our grand opening and expect huge things out of the sandbar this winter. Vipevents 2006 if you want to be a VIP like your name says why dont u just ask instead of bash.

Too hot, So crowded!!!

The Sand Bar staff was not prepared for opening night!!!! I have been in this business for nearly 10 years and I have never seen an opening night run like this! Adam and Bill had that place running smoooooth! The party was a mess, beginning with the promoters and ending with the horrible service at the bar. Your promoters should be a little nicer to the people who are making them money!!!!

Credit to Joey and Vic at the bar!!! They were the only bartenders who actually knew what they were doing! I understand the place was overcrowded, but bartenders in a club should be able to take more than one drink order at a time ( and then ask you to repeat it! ). Your bartenders need more experience than just a certificate from bartending school!!! The girls seemed like they didn't even want to be there.

Smile a little, Have a little fun...your working at a hot bar for the summer!

Is this Jeff Pitek? lol

Victor Soto

That wasn't my first post on cp by a few thousand??

I have never been a Sandbar fan.... maybe go once a summer...

As for my Industry experience.... it speaks for itself as I am cp's first true ArmChair Industry quarterback...

Ok, enjoy Merge this summer.

I will.... holiday weekends and a Sunday night here or there...

I guess they banned you from Merge too?

Cool. I'm gonna enjoy Boris in two weeks at Sandbar. Why would anyone ban me from Merge? lol..I know kosta and Petie, spent many drunken nites at Studio.

you're an idiot. You are the same person who rippd on Studio 4 and months later kissed its ass. If you knew anything you would know Merge is runnd by the same people who do s4

I know Petie still owns Merge and I never ripped at Studio but rather at Roveen. So get your facts straight u piece of shit.

Cool. I'm gonna enjoy Boris in two weeks at Sandbar. Why would anyone ban me from Merge? lol..I know kosta and Petie, spent many drunken nites at Studio.

Ill be enjoying Boris at Crobar this weekend.... He plays his best sets at Crobar (and Show from what Im told)

all I have to say is (not like my opinion matters here anyway, since i hardly ever post) Studio 4 we all know is a great place, I have been there all fall, winter, & sping and bring all my friends birthday parties there .... Petie, Jayson, Kosta are all great and the club is beautiful but in my opinion, the music needs to change, I sometimes hear the same mixes. This is not bashing... just my opinion, and I don't really care who gets pissed.

I like Sand bar too, and I know they will do a great job to create a fuckin kick ass club this summer without going to the jersey shore, not saying all the DJ's are the best, but everyone likes different things. Im just glad theres a place up here to hang at finally this summer.

I have been to 5-6 months worth of Boris parties at Crobar and I have never seen anyone on the shelf. I did see some ugly shit at Shelborne - WMC, seeing it once is something you won't easily forget.

wow 5-6 months so you could say Boris is your new JP .....???

wow 5-6 months so you could say Boris is your new JP .....???

If you want specifics I'll explain myself better. Boris was insane in 99 and about half of 2000, then he fell off the map. He was off for a good 3 years.

2 years ago he started getting good again. I heard him at Cheetah closing party, Metro Lounge and Show and he was great.

The past 5-6 months I thought his Crobar sets are some of the best sets that I have personally enjoyed...

Is he the new JP? Only you could enlighten us on if thats true...

If you want specifics I'll explain myself better. Boris was insane in 99 and about half of 2000, then he fell off the map. He was off for a good 3 years.

2 years ago he started getting good again. I heard him at Cheetah closing party, Metro Lounge and Show and he was great.

The past 5-6 months I thought his Crobar sets are some of the best sets that I have personally enjoyed...

Is he the new JP? Only you could enlighten us on if thats true...

Well i thought he was a horror show at Big Fridays i thought we was a horror show in between and basically i still think he is a horror show and yea does he draw alot of people to his partys yes he does but so did JP and it just goes to show you how many people have BAD TASTE in this area in dance music so if i am enlightening you i would say yes he is the new JP

i will say this at least JP had good people around him to remix some songs and then slap his name on it...on the other hand Boris has never remixed anything that is remotely listenable to.