Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SHELTER opening review 4/22

18HRS of dancing madness. QUENTIN HARRIS, STING INTERNATIONAL, TIMMY REGSIFORD played to a packed house from 9pm sat night till 330pm sunday afternoon. It wouldve gone longer if not for an event at 6pm that night. Will write more of a review later on.

18HRS of dancing madness. QUENTIN HARRIS, STING INTERNATIONAL, TIMMY REGSIFORD played to a packed house from 9pm sat night till 330pm sunday afternoon. It wouldve gone longer if not for an event at 6pm that night. Will write more of a review later on.

See Gabe, true clubbers dont go to these events. Not one review yet except for ures. LOL. :laugh2:

See Gabe, true clubbers dont go to these events. Not one review yet except for ures. LOL. :laugh2:

Tell that to the 2000-3000 people who went. Like i always say its a tottally different world then what some people know, boris,jp,calderone,tribal,tenaglia, pacha,crobar,etc. Look how long it took you to listen to me about TEDD PATTERSON and look how good you thought he was. Yo thanks for the disc helped sarah out alot. Stilll havent heard the other one yet.

Tell that to the 2000-3000 people who went. Like i always say its a tottally different world then what some people know, boris,jp,calderone,tribal,tenaglia, pacha,crobar,etc. Look how long it took you to listen to me about TEDD PATTERSON and look how good you thought he was. Yo thanks for the disc helped sarah out alot. Stilll havent heard the other one yet.

I know Gabe, Im just messing. I think everybody should check out Shelter at least once. I myself havent gone cause timing has always been off and other shit came up. Im sure they will have more parties in the summer and I can go then. How was the venue itself along with the lighting and Sound System ?

well the napkins i have no idea why they do it seems liek they think its part of the show. The baby powder is for an individual who wants to have the floor a bit more smooth for his or her ground moves and spins and twirls depending on the dancer adn style. Also a good way to get rid of the stickeness that spilled alcohol drinks cause on teh floor. Check it out one time for yourself in person at one of these parties.

I WILL POST PICS AS SOON AS THIER UP.

are they gonna book any other name djs? what about claussel, francois? ...??

Well in case you dont know by now SHELTER has always been about TIMMY REGISFORD and as of late Sting internatinal and Quentin harris. So for sat nights i dunno if there will be to many guest djs but as always there will be performances.

Fri night will vary from time to time and i Junior vasquez will be having a party next fri there called BASSLINE. Also heard a rumor that BODY N SOUL (francois k,danny krivit,joe claussell) will have something on a sun now and then i think.

The new spot is a lil tight but it has more vibe then the old space. Timmy was solid but Sting International is no joke. The lounge down stairs seems like its going to be the spot where the dancers are going to hold it down. But they need to add a better system to the down stairs. I want to check it out on a normal night just to get a real feel for the party.

I am one who NEVER posts on clubplanet...i listen to all types of music and been on the scene for years. I was waiting to go to this party for a while now. The venue in general is aight...a lil tight (absolutely rediculous with the crowd that they had on saturday night!!!) and the heat was unbarable!!! HOWEVER....for those of you who really love the music and appreciate house, Shelter is the place to be. The vibe in the place is great, and every person there has soul. It's such a chill atmosphere...no drama, fights, people out to impress, etc. Similar to the be yuorself party. Race has nothing to do with nightlife, but the crowd is about 85% black. I'm as white as it gets, and i never once felt awkward and/or out of place. In fact, it feels great to go to such a place and watch people enjoy themselves and love the music. It's a change from the guido's, ktu groupies, and especially rap shit. It's straight HOUSE...and plenty of soulful/gospil prayin motherfuckers hahah

Music is always great. Not much you can say about it unless you go out and hear it for yourself. As for Saturday's lineup, all three dj's did good. I thought QUENTIN HARRIS was absolutely incredible!!!! Couldn't have done a better job!!! Really looking foward to hearin him again.

It's straight HOUSE...and plenty of soulful/gospil prayin motherfuckers hahah

For those who dont know NO THIS PERSON IS NOT TALKING ABOUT GOSPEL/SOULFUL HOUSE only, yes theres some tracks like that played thruout the night. But there some serious house bangers in there that would suprise some of ya.

And yo QUENTIN HARRIS is havin a record release party on sun april 30th at CIELO.

i just dont get the babypowder thing? What the hell is the point?

Kind of stupid like when the guidos throw napkins at crobar.

but whatever

Let me break it down for you...

The throwing of the napkins is a very old tradition with a certain sect of the guido nation

Those are the well to do off the boat astoria greek Guidos... Not your regular greese ball, baby oil, spikey ultra hold hair gel guidos

continue on.....