Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTF Happened to Limelight???

k_car

OK, it's like 2:00 AM Saturday night and my friends and I are debating on whether or not to meet up with friends at Limelight, go to Roselands for the 20 trance DJ's or go to Exit. We decide Limelight...

We get inside at around 2:30AM, place brings back fond memories and the music is pumpimg (kind of a mix between Sven Vath and Carl Cox). At around 3:15, the place starts clearing out... at 4:30AM the lights go on... I'm like WTF??? The place was closing at 4:30AM??? Can you believe that???

I was at Twilo to 9:30AM Friday night... What gives with the early closing??? What a rip off

cwm23.gif

- disgruntled cwm43.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Old Sage Twilo

I WISH I COULD AGREE BUT I CAN'T....THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE SAYS BUT IT'S THE SAME SCENERIO. FIRST IT WAS BORIS SAT. NIGHT AND EVERYONE CLAIMING LL IS BACK..YADA..YADA..YADA. THAT WENT DOWNHILL AND THEN CORBETT TOOK THE THROWN WITH A LITTLE IMPROVEMENT FOR A WHILE BUT EVENTUALLY....WELL SAME THING. NOW IT'S DIFFERENT DJ'S EVERY WEEK WITH THE OCC. GATECRASHER PARTY COMING TO TOWN BUT THE PLACE STILL HAS THAT INFAMOUS 4:30 CLOSE UP SHOP THING GOIN. IT'S HARD TO GET INTO THE VIBE OF THE PLACE WHEN IT JUST CLEARS OUT AND EMPITES SO FAST....ALONG WITH OTHER FACTORS THAT PLACE NEEDS SOMETHING IT HASN'T SEEN YET....WHAT THAT IS I DON'T KNOW. cwm36.gif

I've only been to LL during the Gatecrasher nights and the last time . . .they closed after 5:30 cause I left close to 6 a.m. and Sandra Collins wasn't finished yet.

Maybe it depends on the night.

BlueAngel

------------------

“Life is the childhood of our immortality." -Goethe angel.gif

blueangelblckraven.jpg

Maybe it was due to the holiday and a lot of people out of town...Since Sept. I have been there almost every Sat night. Which was more times than I had been since it re-opened a few years back.

The DJ's have all been great (yes a few misses) but overall the whole vibe there has been coming back...Fri nights has it problems there but Sat has been slamming, and I haven't left before 5 almost every time I went.

I think you hit a frak night...Gatecrasher was supposed to be there this past Sat, and that got cqancelled, so people didn't show not knowing who was going to be there, and it was a holiday weekend.

I'd be bummed to but like I said, you hit a freak night.

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: Breffini Bar Sat Night...oops it got cancelled

My new web site...Version 1.02

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com