Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HALO (City Deep, San Diego) @ bump this Sunday!

randydeshaies

bump_may06.jpg

--Sunday May 28, 2006--

Memorial Day Weekend

!!! Open til 2AM !!!

HALO

(city deep, large, Undefeated) San Diego

Playing Deep Soulful House and melodic vibes that capture your spirit in minutes is the essence that is otherwise known as house music provided by an artist whose distinctive style is far from ordinary. “The key is consistency.†So says Brian Varga - alias Halo – house music lover, DJ, producer and label owner. It’s a simple yet highly effective policy that has guided Halo through 16 years of a successful house music career. To spinning at Europe’s House music circuit or at one of his many international DJ residencies, to owning a thriving record label, City Deep Music, Halo always has something beautiful to contribute to the world of quality house.

His accolades aren’t surprising, considering he was raised on soulful bass. “I grew up in Chicago, listening to people like, Larry Heard, Glenn Underground and Frankie Knuckles.†He came of age with the Hot Mix 5 on Friday nights on radio station WBMX and was soon working in a record store by day and learning how to work a crowd by night in Chicago’s underground rave scene. It wasn’t until Chicago’s post-rave loft scene blossomed in the mid- nineties, that Halo truly found his passion within the deep soulful house community. “It just felt right; the music, the people and I knew it was something I really wanted.†At twenty releases and a dozen remixes, he has gotten in, quite deep. From his aforementioned solo success on Siesta, to his legendary collaboration’s with Hipp-e, to his upcoming releases slated for CityDeep, Halo’s work is marked with the kind of consistent quality that has kept renowned DJs such as Louie Vega, Doc Martin, Marques Wyatt, and DJ Deep constantly checking for, and spinning his productions. If consistency is the key, then challenge is the lock.

Halo loves a challenge. “I love going to places that I’ve never played before. Every city, every state, every country has it’s own special thing. You never know what it is, but what makes for a great DJ is figuring it out.†This world famous DJ knows what he’s talking about – he’s traveled the globe and spun records at some of the world’s best known parties on just about every continent except Antarctica and as soon as there’s a good party there, he’ll be there too.

“My favorite residency is Fabric, definitely.†Despite living in out West, Halo maintains a bi-monthly residency at the shimmering gem of London’s club scene, Fabric. “They let me get away with a lot there.†Whether playing for 10,000 Brazilians at the annual Skol Beats party, Scotland’s legendary “T in the Park†or Yellow, known simply as Tokyo’s premier nightspot for house music.

CityDeep Music, Halo’s label, is his perfect outlet. At just one year old, they’ve managed to carve out a solid niche for sublime deep house and afro-beat vibes. Their four releases have found fans around the world, buzzing on internet chat boards and selling out quickly across the globe. 2006 promises more of the same as they eagerly prepare two releases for debut at the 2006 Winter Music Conference. Well known names like Dennis Ferrer, Mr. V., Franck Roger and Alix Alvarez will be featured along side Halo’s own productions giving fans something to eagerly anticipate. For Halo, it’s just the next natural step in his logical progression, “We just want to put out good music for the people to enjoy.†Halo keeps it coming!

4 Years and Bumpin!!!

upcoming events

----------------------------------------------

Memorial Day Weekend - Open til 2AM!

HALO (city deep, large, Undefeated) San Diego

RANDY DESHAIES (Marz Entertainment, bump)

GEORGE NESSIS (bananzamusic.com, bump) Germany

SERGIO SANTOS (Marz Entertainment, bump)

JASON HODGES (Aroma, Oomph, OM) Toronto

ROLLAND ESS (Double Down Prod, Marz, bump)

SOULCLAP (Next Generation Productions) Boston

RYAN OBERMILLER (Red Door, Marz, bump) NH

SWAG (Version, Jus' Trax, www.swag-uk.net) UK

SOUNDSYSTER (Ultrasound Productions) Halifax CANADA

more to come...

bump

underground house music

sunday nites at phoenix landing

512 mass ave, central sq, cambridge

www.marzentertainment.com

^^^^^

that is disturbing......

Last night was fun. The landing was packed. Where do all of these people come from? Randy did a great job warming the decks and Halo was nasty. I am still messy so i am out.

Disco was looking hot :)

• 3 weeks later...