Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what exactly is the dance called "the shuffle?"

weyes

i was reading a thread in the drama forum in which some people referenced "the shuffle," and it seemed like it was a negative thing for someone to be doing --- maybe a guido thing?

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/drama/307572-dt-roll-call-4.html

i wonder if that's why i don't know what it is. could someone please explain what this dance looks like and who does it or what it means to accuse someone of being someone who does it :confused: ?

i was reading a thread in the drama forum in which some people referenced "the shuffle," and it seemed like it was a negative thing for someone to be doing --- maybe a guido thing?

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/drama/307572-dt-roll-call-4.html

i wonder if that's why i don't know what it is. could someone please explain what this dance looks like and who does it or what it means to accuse someone of being someone who does it :confused: ?

youtube.com>search videos> wmc 06> jp @ shelbourne> pay attention to the bloated fellows w 2 much gel

youtube.com>search videos> wmc 06> jp @ shelbourne> pay attention to the bloated fellows w 2 much gel
i looked for the clip, but there isn't a "jp @ shelbourne." there are a bunch of jp clips, but none at shelbourne. could it be one of the other ones, maybe? i really wanna know!

:( all i saw were people's heads. is there a clip around with pictures of a person's feet or whole body? or, at the very, very, least, could someone give a really detailed description of how it's done? [i'd really like to see a vid, though, if anyone can find one or point me in the right direction :) .]

thank you so much, onisakura! it reminds me now of another thread that someone put up with some guy putting on a mock-class of "how to be a guido" where he danced kinda like that, except he couldn't dance that poorly, hard as he tried. the first guido video in the link you gave me didn't really show much, but the second one clued me in. and that really is a guido thing; i remember that from clubs in nyc, but i haven't seen it out here in l.a.

still, though, shuffling insinuates more rhythm to me than that guy had :shake: . he was mostly trying to do a right-foot-front, left-foot-front repeat over and over and he couldn't even do that in time with the music :funny: ! and those attempts at spinning around that just left his legs in a pretzel... so sad :( .

Guest onisakura

:D Welcome but it was Silverbull that started the original thread so we have to thank him. *lol* I think argenis described it best: The backwards running man (off tempo of course) while flailing your arms like youre swatting flies. :laugh:

Some are so bad i just can't watch. It hurts to see someone so off beat....i guess years of musical training drummed it into me.

Guest onisakura
the first video of house dancing is awesome tho...i can watch that shit all day long...

Oh definitely. Ive watched it over and over again.

Guest onisakura
that video makes me miss going to raves so much...

now if they were showing pills and bumps with the dancing i would be in heaven...

I love your avatar!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sqbhzA93B3g&search=melbourne%20shuffle

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7xeEErPcATM&search=melbourne%20shuffle

That's the shuffle. SF Variation was the backstep, instead of going forward like they do with the Melbourne.

the people in those vids seem to think that dance is good :shaky: ... it's different from and slightly better than the jersey version, but weyes is confused and bewildered :confused: ...

i'll see if i can find the video i was talking about that was posted a few months ago; that one was pretty choice!