Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Computer Courses in New York?

any classes you know of in new york that can teach web design on an advance level? i know the basics, html, css, java.. bla bla bla... but i need to learn one step up, visual basic, php etc....

thanks!

any designers (professional) please pm me

Frosty, I disagree: development doesn't have to blow, it can be enjoyable. Whether you'd enjoy Project Management depends on the power structure in your organization and the perception of what delivers real value: hands-on IT or professional management.

Sticking to the original question though: NYU School of Continuing Education used to put up loads of ads in the subway about how they have more classes than you can handle on more subjects than you can imagine. I looked at their website at http://scps.nyu.edu/departments/course_listing.jsp?deptId=16 , and they do have a huge selection of classes, including php programming and ASP.net (which, personally, I think is the future). I don't know how much better would it be than just reading books on those subjects, but I suppose at least you can meet people who share your interests at a brand name institution.

Buy a book and read it, you'll save the three grand.

I'm saying this from experience. There is enough material around to learn PHP, MySQL, ASP as well as JSP, XML, Coldfusion, and so on and so forth without needing to take classes.