Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NEVER Go To JiffyLube!!!

HAZE

• 1 month later...

Just learn to work on your own car. Most of the maintenance and minor repairs are not that difficult. Just buy yourself a repair manual for your particular car, and it will walk you through the steps.

I've saved thousands this way and know that the work was done correctly.

Just learn to work on your own car. Most of the maintenance and minor repairs are not that difficult. Just buy yourself a repair manual for your particular car, and it will walk you through the steps.

I've saved thousands this way and know that the work was done correctly.

I live in an apartment complex on a HUGE hill so I can't work on my car even if I wanted to. Plus, as far as oil changes go, it's just not worth it to do it yourself.

You only save like $10 plus you have to bring the oil somewhere.

I live in an apartment complex on a HUGE hill so I can't work on my car even if I wanted to. Plus, as far as oil changes go, it's just not worth it to do it yourself.

You only save like $10 plus you have to bring the oil somewhere.

you are correct...when it comes to an oil change the car should be at running temp and the oil is hot and messy...for $25 every 3000 miles its so worth it for a grease monkey to do...when i was a mechanic working on cars during the hot ass summer was so not fun when you were in a shop that was between 110 and 120 degrees and the hot ass engine...fuck that...

I usually bring my car somewhere to get the oil changed in the winter months, but when it's warm out, I'll do it myself. I'd rather use a good quality filter than the junky ones that most shops tend to use. But that's just one thing that can be done by just about anyone. Others are:

Air filter change

Fuel filter

PCV valve

Coolant flush

Tire rotation

Spark plugs and wires

Distributor cap and rotor

If you add the cost of all those up by doing it yourself vs. having a shop do it, you'll save a considerable amount of money. Of course, it helps to have a garage or other work area.

Guest onisakura

A friend of mine had a mustang that he took to jiffy lube where they put power steering fluid instead of oil and vice versa....his engine blew up and they were denying responsability. He had to dish out about 6 grand or something for a new motor. (I would have sued them)

When i got the S2000 i wouldn't trust my car with a shop so i learned to change my own oil. Besides the fact that it cost me damn near $50 doing it myself, how much do you think Jiffy Lube would have charged me?? Shit. Plus i hit 3000 miles about every 6-7 weeks.

When i got the civic i kept doing it myself cause it was a piece of cake and it was already habit. I was happy it was only every 3 months then.

3,000 then oil change...sythentic oils are a waste unless introduced as the original oil...even then its going to break down way before 10,000 miles...i dont listen to any of those sayings...as a former mechanic i have seen it all and i know 3,000 is the max i will go with oil...