Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Congrats Miami

U SUCK DAMPIER...U PIECE OF SHIT ...butterfingers faggot

I can't believe that Dallas couldn't finish them off in Games 3 or 5. Choke artists in general.

And for Dampier - surprisingly and rather patheticly - he is probably one of the premier "true" centers in the league, behind Shaq, Ming and Ilgauskas.

:party: Way to go Miami... Since you beat Detroit and I live here... I'm a happy camper :)

Congrats to Flash for the MVP... well deserved.. and thanks to Udonis Haslem for stepping it up BIG TIME last night while Dallas double-teamed DWade.. Clutch 3 pointer at the end sealed the game...

Miami Heat!! Now Zo and GP can retire. LOL

And for Dampier - surprisingly and rather patheticly - he is probably one of the premier "true" centers in the league, behind Shaq, Ming and Ilgauskas.

wait...what?

you cant be serious with this comment.....if you were sarcastic when stating this I'm sorry I missed it originally

who else is a true center in the league though? amare isnt..krstic might be but he has an outside jumper..so not really a true center...jermaine o'neal? hes a power fwd...brad miller plays too much of a face to the basket game..ben wallace?

there really aren't that many true centers in the league anymore

who else is a true center in the league though? amare isnt..krstic might be but he has an outside jumper..so not really a true center...jermaine o'neal? hes a power fwd...brad miller plays too much of a face to the basket game..ben wallace?

That's what I'm trying to express. It's weird how the game evolved. Fifteen years ago, it was "imperative" to have a stiff in the middle. I mean, would Jon Koncak and Kevin Duckworth really have NBA careers if they were drafted this year?

Also, back then you had Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing, Daughtery, Mutombo and a little bit later - Mourning (before he became a full blown cunt) and Shaq. Your stereotypical post-up center has pretty much vanished. However, I heard this new kid, Greg Oden, is supposed to be a throwback, but he's only just starting college.

define true center....someone that clogs the middle on D? boards? blocks shots? has inside game to the bucket and can hit the 8 footer with regularity? can body? or is it just because he is over 7 feet tall?

If this is the definition of a "true" center, the whole height thing, then you're right. But if it is because of how the man plays the position, which is WAY more important, then some that come to mind are Amare, Big Ben, Kaman, Miller, Camby just to name a few. Truth is there just arent that many players with a lot of height that can play the position as well as say someone that is 6'11'' and plays the position strong.

We're also talking about Dampier who took a second seat to DeSagana Diop half the season here.....I wouldnt rank Dampier in the top 25

That's what I'm trying to express. It's weird how the game evolved. Fifteen years ago, it was "imperative" to have a stiff in the middle. I mean, would Jon Koncak and Kevin Duckworth really have NBA careers if they were drafted this year?

Also, back then you had Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing, Daughtery, Mutombo and a little bit later - Mourning (before he became a full blown cunt) and Shaq. Your stereotypical post-up center has pretty much vanished. However, I heard this new kid, Greg Oden, is supposed to be a throwback, but he's only just starting college.

LeMarcus Aldridge had that type of post up game in school....I dont know how they project his game in the pros though

define true center....someone that clogs the middle on D? boards? blocks shots? has inside game to the bucket and can hit the 8 footer with regularity? can body? or is it just because he is over 7 feet tall?

If this is the definition of a "true" center, the whole height thing, then you're right. But if it is because of how the man plays the position, which is WAY more important, then some that come to mind are Amare, Big Ben, Kaman, Miller, Camby just to name a few. Truth is there just arent that many players with a lot of height that can play the position as well as say someone that is 6'11'' and plays the position strong.

We're also talking about Dampier who took a second seat to DeSagana Diop half the season here.....I wouldnt rank Dampier in the top 25

Good looks, I forgot Kaman. He was excellent this year.

Clippers are going to be a force in years to come.

Good looks, I forgot Kaman. He was excellent this year.

Clippers are going to be a force in years to come.

Agreed...Brand stepped it up this year. Plus they got Cassel the vet and Livingston waiting. then they got Magette and Cat as their swing/scorers.

I like that team a lot

LeMarcus Aldridge had that type of post up game in school....I dont know how they project his game in the pros though

I don't understand why people are predicting Tyrus Thomas to go before Alridge. Despite what his agent says, supposedly Thomas only weighs around 215 lbs.

I don't understand why people are predicting Tyrus Thomas to go before Alridge. Despite what his agent says, supposedly Thomas only weighs around 215 lbs.

He had a good run in the tourney, now everyone is excited about him. Happens all the time and the guys never turn out to be anything more then quality subs at best. ie, Keith Van Horn, Mike Dunleavey, Christian Laettner, etc. Even Big Baby got tons of credibility now because LSU was dominant.

Its just the way it is

but glen was smart to stay another year..he knows people wouldve figured him out during pre-draft workouts. these arent the years of the draft when tractor traylor gets drafted even though hes 45lbs overweight

Oden looks legit..i saw him @ the mcdonalds all american game..he looked gr8...Oklahoma is gona b tight