Clubplanet Nightlife Community

'Hundreds of WMDs Found in Iraq'...

obby

Can't wait to hear how the left will downplay this. Here are my guess:

1- The United Stated plated them there.

2- Why did it take so long to find them.

3- FOX is reporting it first so it isn't true

Since day one the left has been crying "What weapons?" "Where are the WMD's?"

and now that 500 have been found we now hear them commenting "those are irrelevant". Some people will never be happy.

http://cepan.redstate.com/story/2006/6/21/211948/824

Report: Hundreds of WMDs Found in Iraq

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Weapons Of Mass Destruction FOUND In Iraq, But Democrats Say "Let's Cut And Run And Surrender!"

Today it was learned in a press conference by U.S. Senator Rick Santorum and U.S. House member Pete Hoekstra that the U.S. Military has found WMD's in Iraq. These two members of Congress have been fighting for months to get these documents declassified.

The partially declassified documents show that 500 shells containing Sarin and Mustard gas were found in Iraq.

The declassified document is here http://hotair.iad.cachefly.net/images/2006-05/iraq-doc.pdf

This is a huge story, yet the libs are already saying it does not change anything since there were "only 500" and that the stuff was probably too old to be dangerous to anyone. They should be apologizing to President Bush, but never will.

This news becomes public on the very day John Kerry tries to get the U.S. Senate to vote for a total pullout of Iraq in less than a year.

On a day we learn that the Islamofacist animals who want us all dead have cut out the eyes, the private parts and the HEADS of our two brave soldiers, those on the left are STILL calling for a pullout.

The liberals would have Iraq become yet another Vietnam, Cambodia and Somolia where we pull out and leave the population to terror and mass murder.

It will take another terrorist attack here in The U.S. before the loony left sees the insanity they are spouting over and over again about Iraq and the War On Terror.

My email is already filling up with angry rants from liberal bloggers who HATE President Bush and the military. They are accusing us on the right of planning this and making this all up.

The reality is they are making up the dream of taking over the House And Senate in November.

I will predict now that they have destroyed that pipedream with their Iraq "policy" of treason and pullout.

I will say now that they will not only NOT win the House and Senate, they will lose seats they think are safe.

In Matworld the U.S. people know who the real patriots and heroes are in the country and it is not the liberals.

We support the war because this is the battle for freedom around the world.

We start to make plans to go after Iran and North Korea so we are ready when, not if, the United Nations fails to make them concede to the will of the free nations.

We ignore the John Murtha's and the Kerry's of the world who want us to LOSE this war for political gain.

This is World War IV, not a game.

It's time the Democrats realized that and help out, but I won't hold my breath.

The Democrat party is dead in the water and they have no clue what serious trouble they are in.

Time to push them over the cliff this November.

http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/06/21/santorum-military-has-found-500-chemical-munitions-shells-in-iraq/

Santorum: Military has found 500 chemical munitions shells in Iraq (Video added)posted at 5:45 pm on June 21, 2006 by Allahpundit

He’s reading from a document about it right now with Pete Hoekstra by his side. The shells allegedly contained degraded mustard or sarin gas. He says they believe there are other shells inside the country that haven’t been found yet.

WMD is WMD, but finding a shell here and there when Iran’s about to get the bomb next door leaves me somewhat … underwhelmed.

Update: Actually, is that true? “WMD is WMD”? The knock on Ron Suskind’s “mubtakkar of death” is that, as scary as it sounds, it wouldn’t kill any more people inside a subway car than a conventional bomb would. Or a small-arms attack, possibly. Are chemical shells any scarier than, say, grenades? They have a lot more political value, obviously.

Update: And when I say political value, I don’t mean just for Bush. Santorum’s re-election bid is on life support, and of course there’s a debate raging on the Senate floor about the war right now. I’ve been meaning to write about it but don’t have much to say except that it’s entertaining to watch Democrats trying to figure out how defeatist is too defeatist for purposes of getting re-elected.

HOLding up straws "JUmp Obbby Jump"

yer reaching

first of all Santorum is desperate for anything to cling o nto to get some votes back since he is getting obliterated in the poll so far and will wind up losing his seat

Second ..yeh why hasnt this been released beofre , Wouldnt you think if since the left has done nothing but cry about NO WMD , wouldnt you think this would be the first bit of info The administration would be touting

third all this shit IS D E G R A D E D , meaning its from before the 1st iraq

war and the stuff inside doesnt even work

4th this administration is still a bunch of incestious , lying , thieving bunch of peckerwoods that all desrved to be broght up on charges for one thing or anotherr.

Other than that , You sir a re a great american and thanks for bringing this info forward

So what if it took long to release. I'm sure the admin has it's reasons. They are still not releasing the full details for investigative reasons. So what if they are degraded? Pre war the word "degraded" was not even mentioned. Saddam swore to the U.N and the World that he had zero, zippo, nada, none of them. Sell your "degraded" crap to someone else. Hide anything under soil long enough and it will get "degraded."

Find something else to sell that story to. Find someone else to cry to. Cry me a river!

You guys are soooo predictable. Never happy. Always crying.

BabyDemz.bmp

The admin has it reasons?!?!?

yeh its hard to cover up lies over and over

gimme a break you actually buy into this

THE DEFENSE DEPT HAS SHOT DOWN THESE CLAIMS TAKE IT UP WITHTHEM!!

Defense Department Disavows Santorum’s WMD Claims

Today, Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) and Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-MI) held a press conference and announced “we have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.†Santorum and Hoekstra are hyping a document that describes degraded, pre-1991 munitions that were already acknowledged by the White House’s Iraq Survey Group and dismissed.

Fox News’ Jim Angle contacted the Defense Department who quickly disavowed Santorum and Hoekstra’s claims. A Defense Department official told Angle flatly that the munitions hyped by Santorum and Hoekstra are “not the WMD’s for which this country went to war.â€

Fox’s Alan Colmes broke the news to Santorum. Watch it:

Transcript:

COLMES: Congressman, Senator, it’s Alan Colmes. Senator, the Iraq Survey Group — let me go to the Duelfer Report — says that Iraq did not have the weapons our intelligence believed were there. And Jim Angle reported this for Fox News quotes a defense official who says these were pre-1991 weapons that could not have been fired as designed because they already been degraded. And the official went on to say these are not the WMD’s this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had and not the WMD’s for which this country went to war. So the chest beating at this Republicans are doing tonight thinking this is a justification is not confirmed by the defense department.

SANTORUM: I’d like to know who that is. The fact of the matter is, I’ll wait and see what the actual Defense Department formally says or more important what the administration formally

keep trying to defend this pathetic war in Iraq that we have replaced a brutal dictator with Islamist Fundamentalist rule at best or a total all out civil war at worst

meanwhile plundering billions of dollars that has been spent foolishly and sppent so bad to help some profit form the war that THE republican congress VOTED AGAINST a commision on seeing where the funds are being spent over there

Oh yeah while we are still war profiteering in iraq , things are really shaping back up in Afghanistan , soamlia , iran, n.korea

DUbya got any more koool plans?

Actually the latest update is that these weapons are from the Iran-Iraq war from back in the day. Does anybody remember who the USA supported in that war? Yup good old Saddam. We knew he was using chemical weapons back then but since it was against the Iranians nobody cared. In my opinion this recent find is too little...too late.

And no I'm not a raving, raging left winger. I just want the government to be more honest and competent. Is that too much to ask for?

Actually the latest update is that these weapons are from the Iran-Iraq war from back in the day. Does anybody remember who the USA supported in that war? Yup good old Saddam. We knew he was using chemical weapons back then but since it was against the Iranians nobody cared. In my opinion this recent find is too little...too late.

And no I'm not a raving, raging left winger. I just want the government to be more honest and competent. Is that too much to ask for?

that makes it even funnier

500 old shells from the 80s probbaly ones that Rumsfeld himself sold to Iraq

obby please read:

This is certainly significant, but what they're talking about is old munitions left over from, presumably, before the first Gulf War. This doesn't appear to constitute evidence that Saddam's regime had continued to manufacture chemical weapons in more recent years. What it does demonstrate is that the picture with respect to Iraq's WMDs is much more nuanced than the usual "he didn't have any" mantra.

Fair enough. Saddam had some, once upon a time, and he may have sought to acquire them once again, but he didn't have them before the second Gulf War, the Iraq War, and he certainly didn't have them in the way that the war's chief proponents — Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, the neocons, etc. — said he did. (Remember all those "mushroom cloud" comments?)

But this is really nothing more than Santorumnal (my neologism for today) grandstanding. And I can't put my response to this nonsense any better than the Maha of The Mahablog, Barbara O'Brien:

I keep reading, and find that this is not a new discovery, but an account of some stuff found in Iraq since May 2004. And it wasn’t exactly “500 chemical weapons,†as Fox News reported, but 500 chemical weapons shells. These shells contained old, degraded mustard OR sarin “nerve agents†dating from before the Gulf War, but for some reason nobody was interested enough to analyze the stuff to find out for sure what it was. The declassified document detailing the “discovery†— released by our old pal John Negroponte, note — is artfully vague about how much toxin was actually contained in the shells and what condition the toxin was in. Or even exactly what it was.

Apparently Rick Santorum, whose Senate career is in its final throes, got his hands on a classified document from the National Ground Intelligence Center. He pulled key points out of the document and had them declassified, and then made a big whoop-dee-doo announcement that he had in his hand proof that there were WMDs in Iraq…

As Barbara implies, Santorum is the new McCarthy. When all else fails — and it's all failing for the junior senator from Pennsylvania — pull a stunt like this. How stupid does he think we are? How stupid does he think the voters of his great state are? Pretty stupid, one must presume.

But such is what happens when desperation takes over. I expect little else from Santorum, not to mention from Fox News and the right-wing blogosphere, but it's all quite distasteful nonetheless.

Distasteful? It's pathetic. And it won't work.

Actually the latest updates detail on the facts that Russians moved large stocks of weapons of mass destruction out of Baghdad and Iraq in the fall of 2002. We've all heard what General Sada, the Iraqi defector said. He said that they went into three locations in Syria and one location in the Bekaa Valley. The fingerprints go back to Russia, China and France.

Now... "Those are the three countries that had the most conventional weapon sales to Saddam Hussein. We've done an inventory on that, so that's public, and I believe they were complicit, so I don't think the administration wants to trash three of the five members of this Security Council." Let me translate. Those weapons were there and they were moved out by the Russians and by the French, by the Chinese, primarily the Russians providing most of the actual manpower and equipment to do it. They were moved to Syria, Bekaa Valley and three other locations.

China and France and Russia -- we all know this from the oil-for-food program, by the way -- were all engaged in selling large stockpiles of conventional weapons to Saddam and in some cases some people think maybe weapons that could be converted to the so-called biological or chemical weapons of mass destruction. I just don't think this administration is going to force the issue because he doesn't want to accuse three of our allies on the Security Council of being complicit here. So, folks, that's why it's going to require alternative voices to keep the pressure on, keep the heat on, and it can be done. Believe me, there are people livid about this, and the fact that it's being ignored and swept under the rug is only going to fuel the energy of those of us who want to spend time getting the information out.

So....we either point fingers and play the "we busted you game" or profetionally confront Russia, China and France (behind closed doors) pressuring them to now be a bigger part on this war on terror.

since when does this admin. give a shit about what any country thinks of us especially china and russia who havew been undermining us evey step of the way

and for godsakes JOHN BOLTON is the ambassador , the biigest prick in the wolrld who doesnt give a shit about diplomacy

not buying it

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/22.html#a8810

"Colmes: It's Alan Colmes. Senator, the Iraq Survey Group, uhh, let me go to the Duelfer Report-says Iraq did not have the weapons our intelligence believed were there. And Jim Angle who reported this for Fox News-quotes a defense official who says these were pre-1991 weapons that could not have been fired as designed because they already been degraded.

And the official went on to say that they are-these are not the WMD's this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had-and not the WMD's for which this country went to war. So the chest beating that the Republicans are doing tonight thinking this is a justification is not confirmed by the defense department."

OBBY GETS OWNED AGAIN!

Key Findings

Saddam Husayn so dominated the Iraqi Regime that its strategic intent was his alone. He wanted to end sanctions while preserving the capability to reconstitute his weapons of mass destruction (WMD) when sanctions were lifted.

* Saddam totally dominated the Regime’s strategic decision making. He initiated most of the strategic thinking upon which decisions were made, whether in matters of war and peace (such as invading Kuwait), maintaining WMD as a national strategic goal, or on how Iraq was to position itself in the international community. Loyal dissent was discouraged and constructive variations to the implementation of his wishes on strategic issues were rare. Saddam was the Regime in a strategic sense and his intent became Iraq’s strategic policy.

* Saddam’s primary goal from 1991 to 2003 was to have UN sanctions lifted, while maintaining the security of the Regime. He sought to balance the need to cooperate with UN inspections—to gain support for lifting sanctions—with his intention to preserve Iraq’s intellectual capital for WMD with a minimum of foreign intrusiveness and loss of face. Indeed, this remained the goal to the end of the Regime, as the starting of any WMD program, conspicuous or otherwise, risked undoing the progress achieved in eroding sanctions and jeopardizing a political end to the embargo and international monitoring.

* The introduction of the Oil-For-Food program (OFF) in late 1996 was a key turning point for the Regime. OFF rescued Baghdad’s economy from a terminal decline created by sanctions. The Regime quickly came to see that OFF could be corrupted to acquire foreign exchange both to further undermine sanctions and to provide the means to enhance dual-use infrastructure and potential WMD-related development.

* By 2000-2001, Saddam had managed to mitigate many of the effects of sanctions and undermine their international support. Iraq was within striking distance of a de facto end to the sanctions regime, both in terms of oil exports and the trade embargo, by the end of 1999.

Saddam wanted to recreate Iraq’s WMD capability—which was essentially destroyed in 1991—after sanctions were removed and Iraq’s economy stabilized, but probably with a different mix of capabilities to that which previously existed. Saddam aspired to develop a nuclear capability—in an incremental fashion, irrespective of international pressure and the resulting economic risks—but he intended to focus on ballistic missile and tactical chemical warfare (CW) capabilities.

* Iran was the pre-eminent motivator of this policy. All senior level Iraqi officials considered Iran to be Iraq’s principal enemy in the region. The wish to balance Israel and acquire status and influence in the Arab world were also considerations, but secondary.

* Iraq Survey Group (ISG) judges that events in the 1980s and early 1990s shaped Saddam’s belief in the value of WMD. In Saddam’s view, WMD helped to save the Regime multiple times. He believed that during the Iran-Iraq war chemical weapons had halted Iranian ground offensives and that ballistic missile attacks on Tehran had broken its political will. Similarly, during Desert Storm, Saddam believed WMD had deterred Coalition Forces from pressing their attack beyond the goal of freeing Kuwait. WMD had even played a role in crushing the Shi’a revolt in the south following the 1991 cease-fire.

* The former Regime had no formal written strategy or plan for the revival of WMD after sanctions. Neither was there an identifiable group of WMD policy makers or planners separate from Saddam. Instead, his lieutenants understood WMD revival was his goal from their long association with Saddam and his infrequent, but firm, verbal comments and directions to them.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/reports/iraq_wmd_2004/chap1.html#sect1

Sorry OBBY. The desperate neocon attempts to sell the lie to win votes won't work.

• 4 weeks later...
So what if it took long to release. I'm sure the admin has it's reasons. They are still not releasing the full details for investigative reasons. So what if they are degraded? Pre war the word "degraded" was not even mentioned. Saddam swore to the U.N and the World that he had zero, zippo, nada, none of them. Sell your "degraded" crap to someone else. Hide anything under soil long enough and it will get "degraded."

Find something else to sell that story to. Find someone else to cry to. Cry me a river!

You guys are soooo predictable. Never happy. Always crying.

BabyDemz.bmp

So true......

Oddly, that looks very similar to your avatar. ;)

Let the useful misfit whine.

Anyway, so what if 500 WMD were found? Does that really justify the murder of 100,000+ people? If you think so, then you are no better than Hitler or Stalin.

STFU!!! You are a dispicable cunt for making this post. /sarcasm