Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BODY n SOUL at P.S.1. this sat, whose goin

Its gonna be a mad house and i cant wait. Nothing is goin to compare to BODY N SOUL on july 1st. See you guys there. And if you never been to hear DANNY KRIVIT,FRANCOIS K, JOE CLAUSSELL well nows your chance to see what the hype is about.

Heres a clip from one of the BODY N SOUL djs MR.JOE CLAUSSELL from a set at SPIRIT when BODY n SOUL got together on a tues night for a hurricane Katrina benefit. And as i always say theres not a better vibe at a party then when that crowd gets together. Just listen to them erupt at 49secs.

Now this isnt a clip from Body n soul but the vibe is somewhat similar with the crowd singing along to the MUSIC. Its from the SHELTER 15yr anniversary party at the 2006 wmc and the track is something i have heard DANNY KRIVIT of BODY n SOUL play at 718 sessions monthly party here in NYC.

Shelter nyc is another place i think some of you who havent been to yet should check out. The dj in the clip is STING INTERNATIONAL one of the 3 residents with the others being TIMMY REGISFORD (all 15yrs), QUENTIN HARRIS.

Body N Soul at P.S.1 is going to be dope!!! Afterwards, check out the kick off of the Rebound Summer DJ Series just minutes away @ Water Taxi Beach!

Saturday, July 1, 2006

Wax Poetics Magazine, Turntable Lab and NYCTrust are joining forces with the brothers’brothers, FunkNYC, and Five Grand Stereo to kick off the

Rebound Summer DJ Series!

The P.S.1 Afterparty:

Rebound

with

DJs: Monk One, Oneman, and E’s E at Water Taxi Beach!

To kick it off, Brooklyn’s resident record digger and party rocker Monk One’s celebrating the release of his new mix, Funky Disco. His fellow break-addicted cohorts E’s E and Oneman join him on the tables. This is the first in a string of Saturday night parties at Water Taxi Beach in Long Island City, a beautiful beach (check the photos: www.watertaxibeach.com/photos.html) that’s shuffling distance from PS1’s Warm Up party. So bring the flip-flops you can dance in! There’s also a HUGE tented, wooden floor for dusting it up!

Water Taxi Beach (2nd and Borden, LIC, Queens)

RAIN OR SHINE

Doors: 8p til late

Cover: free all night!

Info: info@brothersbrothers.biz

Directions: www.watertaxibeach.com

On the New York Water Taxi: Taxis depart from E. 34th Street in midtown Manhattan on a varied schedule http://www.nywatertaxi.com

On the subway: 7 train to Vernon Avenue/Jackson. Walk along Vernon Avenue to Borden Avenue, turn right. Look for signs for Water Taxi Beach.

Or on the bus: B61 and Q103.

REBOUND_a.jpgREBOUND_b.jpg

DJ Bios

E's E

E's E is the product of an international collaboration between Far East technology and out west sunshine. The result is the transformation into a potent new sensation subtitled Little Dynasty. Set against the historic yet phantasmagoric backdrop of Brooklyn NY, E's E and his records embark on an endless soundshifting road of stunts, blunts and good music. E’s E has received numerous blessings for his mix CD projects that have included the critical appraisal "best mix ever" from Fat City in Manchester as well as a write up in Germany's most widely distributed Hip Hop Publication, Juice. Never shy to grab the pen himself, E's E has reviewed a number of Indy Hip Hop specialties for the Turntable Lab archives as well as a number of other undisclosed sites.

http://www.nyctrust.com/tracks/eseunder/FarMoreFlavour.mp3

MONK-ONE

Monk-One has gained a worldwide reputation as a true music lover who simultaneously contains the skill to rock parties, throw down rare and never heard vinyl wonders and craft ridiculous chronicles of musical genres in the form of a mix CD that only a true connoisseur can do. He has blazed a trail in legendary clubs from Japan to the UK, going toe to toe with such heavyweights as Madlib, the 45 King, DJ Red Alert, Yam Who and Mark Rae to name a few. He maintains resident DJ status on New York's longest running Hip Hop radio show, The Underground Railroad (WBAI), is the "Ambassador" and editor of the well respected journal Wax Poetics, and has released an original 7" and EP on Ten12 Records.

http://www.nyctrust.com/monk/FunkyDisco.mp3

ONEMAN

Known throughout the land as "The Sample King," DJ Oneman sniffs out records like you wouldn't believe. His treasure trove of original vinyl dominates his living quarters, containing seldom heard and never seen gems that when the time is right, he unveils for the masses to ponder. His legendary guest sets on The Underground Railroad (WBAI) have been known to throw the listeners, residents and hosts in an absolute uproar. His knowledge and appreciation of rare vinyl species has led him to submit mixes on the famed soulstrut.com website as well as spot gigs on Long Island's legendary cable access show Rare Groove Revolution, where he spent 3 episodes breaking down the complexities of one of the crate digger’s biggest enigmas - Library Records. Oneman's vinyl collection has been heralded by such big shots as Dr. Dre and Jay E (Nelly's Producer) for its incredible selection of obscure break beats.

Its gonna be a mad house and i cant wait. Nothing is goin to compare to BODY N SOUL on july 1st. See you guys there. And if you never been to hear DANNY KRIVIT,FRANCOIS K, JOE CLAUSSELL well nows your chance to see what the hype is about.

Heres a clip from one of the BODY N SOUL djs MR.JOE CLAUSSELL from a set at SPIRIT when BODY n SOUL got together on a tues night for a hurricane Katrina benefit. And as i always say theres not a better vibe at a party then when that crowd gets together. Just listen to them erupt at 49secs.

Now this isnt a clip from Body n soul but the vibe is somewhat similar with the crowd singing along to the MUSIC. Its from the SHELTER 15yr anniversary party at the 2006 wmc and the track is something i have heard DANNY KRIVIT of BODY n SOUL play at 718 sessions monthly party here in NYC.

Shelter nyc is another place i think some of you who havent been to yet should check out. The dj in the clip is STING INTERNATIONAL one of the 3 residents with the others being TIMMY REGISFORD (all 15yrs), QUENTIN HARRIS.

What time do those parties start around?And what is the best time to get in and find an open bar?

thanx a lot

does any one know if there going to have food and drink (beer)

at the party over at ps 1

Yup yup matty meatballs they have beer stations and grilled food there. I suggest buying your tickets at the door when you get in. The lines at the station get really long and it saves time.

I was gonna go but without REGGIE TIMMISFORD there, there is really no point in going

Nice non funny joke but for those who dont know what the potin of his comment was TIMMY REGISFORD is the main dj from SHELTER. But this is BODY N SOUL and has nothing to do with TImmy.

I was just pointing out that was his origional name when he first started spinning.. If you read up just a little on YOUR HOUSE MUSIC HISTORY you would know that his birth name is REGGIE

also he started spinning REGGAE.. maybe if you got out and experienced more HOUSE MUSIC you would know this

slinky

Just got off the phone with PS1.

Over 4000 tickets have been pre sold and as much as a further 3000 people are expected to arrive and buy tickets at the door.

This is PS1's opening day and is usually the BIGGEST turn out event of the year.

Therefore my advise is either get there early and go to the museum at 12pm.

We will be there from 1pm to set up and doors open at 3pm prompt.

Weather forecast is BEAUTIFUL for tomorrow

"SUNSHINE SMILING ON MY FACE"

Just got off the phone with PS1.

Over 4000 tickets have been pre sold and as much as a further 3000 people are expected to arrive and buy tickets at the door.

This is PS1's opening day and is usually the BIGGEST turn out event of the year.

Therefore my advise is either get there early and go to the museum at 12pm.

We will be there from 1pm to set up and doors open at 3pm prompt.

Weather forecast is BEAUTIFUL for tomorrow

"SUNSHINE SMILING ON MY FACE"

how many people does this place hold?

just wondering how much are the tix at the door,

thanks

$10 as far as I know

Place holds a lot of people. dont know the exact amount but when reaching capacity then you have to wait till some people leave

$10 as far as I know

Place holds a lot of people. dont know the exact amount but when reaching capacity then you have to wait till some people leave

what if you bought your ticket online can you skipp general admission line. Reason being cause i get out of work at 4 but gonantry to leave around 3ish.

what if you bought your ticket online can you skipp general admission line. Reason being cause i get out of work at 4 but gonantry to leave around 3ish.

I think you can although with that many pre-sold tix there me a line for that too.