Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spirit vs Crobars Sound System

I originally mentioned this on a post about seeing Markus Shultz the other night at Spirit. No offense to Crobar cause I love the talent they bring in there but without a doubt, SPIRITS SOUND SYSTEM IS SO MUCH BETTER!!! I heard that they both have the same type Phazon system but at Spirit, it sounds awesome and never bothers your ears. You go home and your ears are fine, they won't ring at all.

At Crobar on the other hand, I have been there and at times my ears actually start to kind of hurt by the end of the night because it is just to loud and high pitched, piercing, is awful and then when you get home and try to goto sleep your ears are ringing for hours. I have had no problem with ringing at Spirit at all. Spirit is loud but not piercing. Thats the major difference and what makes it so much more enjoyable to listen to acts at Spirit over Crobar.

I have to admit, i like Crobar better, the set up and all but sound, for sure, Spirit is the best. I have actually gone to shows at Spirit when both venue's have had good line ups just cause i cant deal with the high pitch ness or high treble of Crobars system. It sucks!!!

Please if someone from Crobar is reading this, please have a sound person from Phazon or somewhere come and fix the treble so people can enjoy there nights more, and not have to deal with worrying about perminant hearing loss.

It's true, Spirit still has the best sound of any big room in the city... It would be nice if they had more consistant events there, but what can you do... Smaller places like Love, Cielo, & BED sound great as well, but I really don't believe you can compare the sound of those places with giant clubs like Pacha, Spirit, & Crobar.

I have been to Pacha and Crobar a couple of times, I would say I like Crobar's system more for the same fact other people seem to hate it, it's loud and ear piercing sound. Reminds of Carl Cox & Friends tent on Ultra this year..which was very boomy and loud.

I think Spirit system in really untouchable!

Thats a grade A sound system.

The Hi's, Mid's, Low's are all perfectly leveled. Sound quality is amazning in the middle of the dancefloor. You can really hear each and every little sample in a track.

Pacha: all that system has is Low bass that is pumped out of the speakers hanging, they dont even have the Sub Stacks for the Bass, and this overrides the Hi's and Mid's from being heard. I think that system sounds much better in Space Miami.

Crobar: Really dont have much to say bad about it only it needs to be tuned up each and every week but a great Sound Tech.. Get a new guy to do the job.