Clubplanet Nightlife Community

does age define a "MAN" or do other factors?

i actually have had this convo with a girl i've been trying to get with for a while...she says yes age is what defines a man cause the older you are the more experiences (life and sexual you have) and i disagree cause im not as old as she would like but i bet i have done more than she thinks and im "defined" cause of my experiences...but she doesnt want to hear it...

i actually have had this convo with a girl i've been trying to get with for a while...she says yes age is what defines a man cause the older you are the more experiences (life and sexual you have) and i disagree cause im not as old as she would like but i bet i have done more than she thinks and im "defined" cause of my experiences...but she doesnt want to hear it...
id go with experience

age is but a number

Guest onisakura

Age means nothing....though one HOPES that as you get older you have learned a few things along the way. It also depends on what you are looking at. Sexually sometimes kids these days way outrun a slightly older generation. Experimentation with drugs: the kids definitely have this one. I was talking to a gf of mine thats 22 and the stories she's told me about doing coke at school when she was 16 and shit just blew me away. Drinking at 13, smoking pot at 14. WTF?!?! Makes me look like a fuckin prude. :laugh:

Maturity....thats the real ambiguous one. How do you define it? Everyone has their own version of their standard of maturity.

Guest onisakura
i agree...im 28 and she says when im 30 it will be better...she is 34...but she thinks im too young...but 30 is ok...lol

She has the mentality of a teenager saying that shit right there. "I only date 21 year olds, they are so much more mature than guys my age." :rolleyes:

Age means nothing....though one HOPES that as you get older you have learned a few things along the way. It also depends on what you are looking at. Sexually sometimes kids these days way outrun a slightly older generation. Experimentation with drugs: the kids definitely have this one. I was talking to a gf of mine thats 22 and the stories she's told me about doing coke at school when she was 16 and shit just blew me away. Drinking at 13, smoking pot at 14. WTF?!?! Makes me look like a fuckin prude. :laugh:

Maturity....thats the real ambiguous one. How do you define it? Everyone has their own version of their standard of maturity.

i smoked pot before 14

i went out with a man 11 years older then me, 9 years older then me and they acted like they were younger then me... i think what defines a man is his independence, respect, modesty, charm, among many other things.

i agree...im 28 and she says when im 30 it will be better...she is 34...but she thinks im too young...but 30 is ok...lol

i understand what she's saying. she's just having a hard time explaining herself. all she is saying is that each year, a person matures a little bit more. i'm 30, and two years ago may not seem like a lot of time, but i am a completely different person from when i was 28. sorry, but it's true.

this woman is 34, and she's probably thinking about settling down and maybe even having children. she may be saying you're too young because you're probably not ready for that.

umm...just a guess.

i understand what she's saying. she's just having a hard time explaining herself. all she is saying is that each year, a person matures a little bit more. i'm 30, and two years ago may not seem like a lot of time, but i am a completely different person from when i was 28. sorry, but it's true.

this woman is 34, and she's probably thinking about settling down and maybe even having children. she may be saying you're too young because you're probably not ready for that.

umm...just a guess.

well she used to be married and she has 2 kids already...

what do experiences with drugs have to do with maturity? i'm just curious because that makes absolutely no sense. i think maturity has to do with how responsible a person is, being grounded, emotionally stable, and more accepting of change. a mature person sees his/her goals and is motivated enough to achieve them.

well she used to be married and she has 2 kids already...

then, she is probably looking for a guy who will be there for her and her kids. i can understand why she would have reservations about your age. i'm sure you're a great guy, but she is just being careful. you can't blame her. she doesn't sound like a stupid woman. she's just scared that you're not going to be there for the long haul.

then, she is probably looking for a guy who will be there for her and her kids. i can understand why she would have reservations about your age. i'm sure you're a great guy, but she is just being careful. you can't blame her. she doesn't sound like a stupid woman. she's just scared that you're not going to be there for the long haul.

yea...your probably right...

what do experiences with drugs have to do with maturity? i'm just curious because that makes absolutely no sense. i think maturity has to do with how responsible a person is, being grounded, emotionally stable, and more accepting of change. a mature person sees his/her goals and is motivated enough to achieve them.

She never said they did. She was just commenting on life experiences and how kids today are doing certain things at a younger age than some of us might have. However if you want to get technical, it takes a relatively mature individual to be able to balance those kind of activities and being able to handle all of your important responsibilities in life...

Guest onisakura
She never said they did. She was just commenting on life experiences and how kids today are doing certain things at a younger age than some of us might have. However if you want to get technical, it takes a relatively mature individual to be able to balance those kind of activities and being able to handle all of your important responsibilities in life...

Thank you. I couldn't have explained myself better if i had done it myself. *lol* No wonder we get along so well! :laugh: